Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 day trip in Europe

• 09-09-2016 2:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I'm planning on going skiing at the end of January/early February. Looking to fly out on a Thursday morning and back on Sunday night. Not too fussed on resort or country once there's decent snow. I've been to Tignes & L2A the last few years around the same time but it has always been for a week so not experienced in going for shorter trips & maximising the time available.

I assume Dublin offers the best options for flights. What would you guys recommend to make the most of that window? Fly early Thursday morning and be on the slopes ASAP that day and get a flight as late as possible on Sunday. Thanks.

P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

If you fly to Geneva the flight goes out at 7am so you can get a half day skiing the first day. Going back the latest flight is about 14:30 so you won't get to ski the Sunday. Dublin to Munich flights are both evening times so can be an option or Dublin Milan Malpensa are also evening flights.
    Have a look at a this site below.

https://www.j2ski.com/ski_resorts/Airports/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Dublin - Munich and Garmisch is probably your best bet, Or Dublin to Zurich and plenty of resorts within one to two hours of there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Depending on your level you could try either Morzine (beginners - intermediate) or Chamonix (intermediate - advanced) both are very close to Geneva airport, and if you book all your gear in advance you could be on the slopes by 1:30-2:00pm on the same day as your flight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Thanks all.

I'd say it will have to be Munich. There's a late flight back from Munich on Sunday night. The latest flight from Geneva on a Sunday seems to be around 14:30. I'd love a return to Chamonix and the chance to ski la Vallée Blanche again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I've booked flights to Munich for 7 of us heading over Feb 2nd. Can anyone recommend a chalet, apartments or hotel in Garmisch, Kirchberg or Kitzbuhel that could hold 7 of us - ideally single beds. Cheers.

P.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

We did flights to Munich then rental car to Sol 2 years ago for a 4 day trip. We skied for an hour on the first day would have gotten longer if we were a bit more organised.

Advertisement