Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eero

Options
  • 09-09-2016 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

https://eero.com/

Has anyone managed to get one of these in Ireland? They only seem to ship to the US.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its a pretty crappy concept, f'ck up 5G to the same level as 2.4 is? Less effective distance but still not really a fair thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Mesh doesn't work. It all uses the same frequency so reduces the bandwidth available.

There are better systems available, Uniquiti Zero Handoff or Mikrotik Capsman all require running cables

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Mesh doesn't work. It all uses the same frequency so reduces the bandwidth available.

There are better systems available, Uniquiti Zero Handoff or Mikrotik Capsman all require running cables

Well yeah but you're not comparing like with like - as you say they require running cables. If i wanted to run cables I'd use a different solution anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Well yeah but you're not comparing like with like - as you say they require running cables. If i wanted to run cables I'd use a different solution anyway!

I wasn't comparing, I was giving you the options that work.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Nope, this isn't that.

It multi channel so bandwidth is maintained but congestion is horrendous.

• Advertisement
Advertisement