Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seagate External HDD and a Macbook..

Options
  • 09-09-2016 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I bought a 2TB External HDD from Seagate. I formatted it to work on my Macbook Pro and it's worked well for over a month.

I hadn't used it for a few days recently and went to go use it yesterday and it's not appearing in devices, disk utility, or anything I can find.

The blue light is on, it's spinning but not appearing on my devices. Stranger still, I tried it on the family PC today to confirm it's fault, and it worked instantly, and accessing files was normal.

I've googled everything and all the solutions don't work.

I have extra information that could be linked to it;
    - I recently downloaded and used an android datatransfer app for my Moto G. I had to change the usb thing (on my phone) from charging through USB to datatransfer.
    - I also had been using a wireless mouse and USB transmitter. I don't think that's the issue as I had used it previously but who knows.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If it's in the wrong forum, apologies.

Comments

Advertisement