Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund to old debit card?

Options
  • 09-09-2016 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

A family member recently received a new BOI visa debit card, I presume to replace one due to expire.

The new card has new 14 digits on it, different to their last card.

I have just today had to get in touch with an online retailer regarding a refund for something purchased with their old card. The retailer is refunding via the original payment method, i.e the old card.

What will happen to this refund now seeing as that card is now I presume expired and no longer valid and they have a new debit card?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning Morby, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

The refund will still be processed onto your friends account so it is not necessary to change the details with the retailer. Once we receive the credit will will re post it to the correct account details without delay. 

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Elaine 

Advertisement