Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scum

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

* takes admin hat off *

I'd prefer if there were no filters for swear words & no need to prohibit use of certain terms in forums, but instead that site members could be relied upon to use language & tone appropriate to the discussion in hand.

Rather than banning terms/swear words entirely, it would probably be better if action was taken against their abuse/overuse where it is noted to be detrimental to the discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

* takes admin hat off *

I'd prefer if there were no filters for swear words & no need to prohibit use of certain terms in forums, but instead that site members could be relied upon to use language & tone appropriate to the discussion in hand.

Rather than banning terms/swear words entirely, it would probably be better if action was taken against their abuse/overuse where it is noted to be detrimental to the discussion.

Ok you have my blessing for that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0916/817039-strasbourg/Other

Irish MEPs were angered at Mr Flanagan's choice of language when he asked Mr Kelly: "Do you not believe him? Do you not think we are talented enough to attract them anyway without becoming the scumbags of Europe?"

Well I suppose if its good enough to say in the European parliament its good enough for here ;):)

Advertisement