Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airport Hopper

• 09-09-2016 6:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭

Does anybody know the reliability of this service:
    https://airporthopper.ie/

I'd be getting on at Liffey Valley, so could get either the Tallaght or Maynooth service.

- Does it tend to run on time?
    - Does it ever get full by the time it gets to Liffey Valley?
    - I assume it isn't affected by the Dublin Bus strike? (I'll be travelling on a strike day!)

The most recent thread about this is a couple of years old, so would like more up to date information if anybody can help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭DUBLIN_person

woodchuck wrote: »
    Does anybody know the reliability of this service:
    https://airporthopper.ie/

I'd be getting on at Liffey Valley, so could get either the Tallaght or Maynooth service.

- Does it tend to run on time?
    - Does it ever get full by the time it gets to Liffey Valley?
    - I assume it isn't affected by the Dublin Bus strike? (I'll be travelling on a strike day!)

The most recent thread about this is a couple of years old, so would like more up to date information if anybody can help.

I've got it a couple of times, runs fairly on time, never had an issue with reliability, anytime I've been on it, it's been fairly empty and I've taken it at a variety of times, early morning, afternoon and evening. The Drivers are all sound enough, I've been accommodated on the Tallaght bus after missing the Maynooth bus from the airport, either route suited me because of where I live in Lucan. The buses are quick enough as well. I am sure I saw on their Facebook page it was business as usual for them during the strikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭curiousoranje

Regular Airport Hopper user and never have any problems with reliability. I usually get the the 4am or 8am services and they've never let me down. Bus is grand and comfy, has free wifi and the drivers are sound and never complain about scanning the ticket on my battered phone!

I've never not been able to get a seat either, if you book online you're guaranteed one.

Life saver of a service as only other option would be a trek to town to get the Airlink/16/41 or a 30 quid taxi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Great, thanks guys, much appreciated :)

Do you need to book ahead or could I just pay with cash? If you book ahead, do you have to pick an exact time?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭DUBLIN_person

woodchuck wrote: »
    Great, thanks guys, much appreciated :)

Do you need to book ahead or could I just pay with cash? If you book ahead, do you have to pick an exact time?

As far as I know you can pay on the bus, but if you book ahead of time its a bit cheaper,they ask you to choose which bus you'd like timewise online, but they never have been to strict with me coming from the airport anyway, as it should be due to delayed flights etc, don't know about going to, as I've always just taken my scheduled bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,612 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Always been reliable and let me on early on the way back. I have seen the bus fill to the last seat at the Clarion before, but only once.

• Advertisement
Advertisement