Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Insurance Renewal Quote

Options
  • 09-09-2016 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭

Got my home insurance renewal premium recently which includes a discount for having an alarm. As my alarm is not entirely reliable, I tried ringing them to ask what the renewal premium would be if I didn't avail of the alarm discount, but couldn't get through. So I went onto the insurance company website to get a quote for what it would cost me and entered my details as already held by them, minus the alarm. and while I was expecting the premium to be more, I wasn't expecting it to be in fact 60 euro less! The breakdown included a 15% discount for buying it online.

I'm wondering do I have to pay the 'renewal' premium I got in the post, or should I buy the premium online with the lower quote, or what are the implications, if any, of doing this? I am with the company for six years, with no claims.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

Not sure of the ins and outs but i regularly do this. The home insurance renewal is usual cheaper than the online price, whereas my car insurance is usually cheaper online.
    Essentially, you're taking out a new policy rather than continuing your old one. The t&c's may be different but you should still be covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

antix80 wrote: »
    Not sure of the ins and outs but i regularly do this. The home insurance renewal is usual cheaper than the online price, whereas my car insurance is usually cheaper online.
    Essentially, you're taking out a new policy rather than continuing your old one. The t&c's may be different but you should still be covered.

That's good. Thanks.

Advertisement