Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grey Wolf pet

• 09-09-2016 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hi

I am really serious about getting a grey wolf cub as a pet. Could anyone give me advice, how to rare it, where to get it etc. I'd be willing to go abroad to get one. I live in the swords manor area, would that be a good place for it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

rescue a husky or elk hound instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

My advice is: don't.

Wolves are not pets. They take years of training and experience to deal with. 99.999999% of dog owners with decades of experience wouldn't touch one with a bargepole. An 18 year old with no experience hasn't a hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 User 101

What's wrong with the wolf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

No, I wouldn't think Swords Manor would be a suitable area to bring up a wolf cub. Would you be willing to move to the wilderness of Canada/North America?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Hi

I am really serious about getting a grey wolf cub as a pet. Could anyone give me advice, how to rare it, where to get it etc. I'd be willing to go abroad to get one. I live in the swords manor area, would that be a good place for it?

No. It would not be a suitable pet in swords manor.

You'd most likely end up paying a fortune for some crossbreed of dog that a dodgy breeder will claim is a wolf

• Advertisement

search?q=elkhound&rlz=1C9BKJA_enIE682IE683&hl=en-GB&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiiyoXo9oLPAhVqDMAKHbLcCMQQ_AUIBygB&biw=1024&bih=653#hl=en-GB&tbm=isch&q=grey+wolf&imgrc=pcQFMe-cmKLWyM%3A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Promise yourself that you'll get one when you're grown up

Then when you're grown up you'll be suprised!

A wolf would be a lifelong companion. Could he be dangerous?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭glaswegian

leave the wolf where it belongs,in the wild.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

search?q=elkhound&rlz=1C9BKJA_enIE682IE683&hl=en-GB&prmd=ivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiiyoXo9oLPAhVqDMAKHbLcCMQQ_AUIBygB&biw=1024&bih=653#hl=en-GB&tbm=isch&q=grey+wolf&imgrc=pcQFMe-cmKLWyM%3A

You do know you can't get them in Ireland?

• Advertisement

Where would I get them?

Where would I get them?

Canada/the states? You'd have to an import licence first I'd say, then it would have to be quarantined for six months and I'd imagine have to be inspected to ensure its in a safe environment

Can't think where it could be quarantined either

Basically you are on a hiding to nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

https://www.facebook.com/dublinhuskyrescue/

its a secret but they have all the wolves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,488 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Game of Thrones has a lot to answer for :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,597 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Why on earth would you want a wolf for a pet, in a Dublin suburb?

Seriously, can you talk us through your reasoning?

Can they be dangerous?

Can they be dangerous?
    :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Where would I get them?

Why would you get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Glass fused light

Alun wrote: »
    Game of Thrones has a lot to answer for :)

:confused: why, what do you mean?

Adam is not asking for a direwolf, if so he may be better off looking at a st Bernard :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Where would I get them?

The Zoo.

Its a wolf.... it aint a pet

• Advertisement

I found one in Norway, I'm flying sas tomorrow. It's booked. I'm bringing a wolf pet to Ireland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

I found one in Norway, I'm flying sas tomorrow. It's booked. I'm bringing a wolf pet to Ireland!

Seriously impressive, dude! I've a bridge in Brooklyn that you'd just love to buy. PM me for bank details.

Where would I get them?
    So 20 minutes after asking this, you've found one, decided on it, booked a flight and are travelling tomorrow to collect it.

Riiiggghhhht.

Dubl07 wrote: »
    Seriously impressive, dude! I've a bridge in Brooklyn that you'd just love to buy. PM me for bank details.
    I've some magic beans right here in Dublin - far easier.

PM meeee!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Norway? Petmania in santry had three in stock this morning and had a delivery of five more coming Monday. Did you try there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,621 ✭✭✭volchitsa

3/10

And that's being generous, seeing it's Friday night. :)

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

I smell a rat Wolf

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Boardz Fiend

I'm looking for a Tiger, I live in Rivervalley in Swords.. would RiverValley be a good place to keep a Tiger? Can they be dangerous?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,488 ✭✭✭✭Alun

would RiverValley be a good place to keep a Tiger? Can they be dangerous?
    Only if they meet a wolf, which would never happen .........

• Advertisement

I'm looking for a Tiger, I live in Rivervalley in Swords.. would RiverValley be a good place to keep a Tiger? Can they be dangerous?

Of course, sure there are loads of miniature tigers in swords.

There's one big orange one where I live who sneaks into houses if the door is open and likes to snooze on the bed.

Little bastard took years off my life when he arrived in one day when I was having a lie in and the oh left the front door open

Stheno wrote: »

There's one big orange one where I live who sneaks into houses if the door is open and likes to snooze on the bed.

Little bastard took years off my life when he arrived in one day when I was having a lie in and the oh left the front door open

Was it that orange one with black stripes or the black one with the orange stripes?

Was it that orange one with black stripes or the black one with the orange stripes?

No no this is orange with white stripes.

He's got evil orange eyes and fearsome claws. I jumped out if the bed and screamed, little ****er looked at me as if to say "hah"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

They're not miniature tigers. They are advertised as micro or miniature to fool punters but then they grow. And eat at least one micro pig a day.
    Op I sell extra large wolves. I remove their teeth so they are not dangerous. If you send me 100e courier payment I'll send you one for free. Pm for western union details.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Edgarfrndly

Obviously a troll but, anyone ever thinking of buying a pet wolf or even a high-content wolfdog - don't. They are not pets and do not make for good pets. They are wild animals, which took thousands of years through artificial & natural selection before they became suitable as companions.

Wolves are extremely territorial and unpredictable.

They are used to walking great distances every day. They need to be walked miles every day by their owner and need to be kept in a very large enclosure.

The only time someone should ever own a wolf, is in a rescue center - where they have acres of land for the wolf to roam around in.

They will not respond kindly to other dogs, and are extremely powerful.

The novelty of owning a wolf will wear off after a week, when it's ripping up your house and garden - and scaring the utter tripe out of you because you expect it to act like a domestic dog, and it acts like a wild predator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I live in the inner city and I'm flying to Russia in the morning to pick up a rhino. Never give up on your dreams!

• Advertisement

No no this is orange with white stripes.

He's got evil orange eyes and fearsome claws. I jumped out if the bed and screamed, little ****er looked at me as if to say "hah"

Hummmmm.... Sounds more like a liger.

However wikipedia says " Ligers ... are very sociable like lions. " so could just be that it took offence with the screaming when he just wanted to borrow some milk?

kylith wrote: »
    I live in the inner city and I'm flying to Russia in the morning to pick up a rhino. Never give up on your dreams!

Are rhinos not from Africa? Or is this a rare golden rhino whose skin has gone gold from washing in the gold enriched streams of Siberia?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'm after paying 30k for a unicorn I just saw on Donedeal. Can I keep it in the same field as my Dodo herd or will they just fight?

Hummmmm.... Sounds more like a liger.

However wikipedia says " Ligers ... are very sociable like lions. " so could just be that it took offence with the screaming when he just wanted to borrow some milk?

I think he wanted a cuddle to be honest. He's never acknowledged me since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,504 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I'm buying a dragon from some dude named Hagrid!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭secman

Pity you wanted a grey one , I have a white one ,and a black one and a black and white one. Cushdee

I'm buying a dragon from some dude named Hagrid!

I have a dragon, a bearded one, he likes to be handfed locusts and blueberries, turns black when angry, and loves listening to riverside :)

Not joking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Are people actually taking the OP serious here?!

MayoSalmon wrote: »

Have you actually read the entire thread?

Absolutely, I have a shark I need to offload...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,504 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I have a dragon, a bearded one, he likes to be handfed locusts and blueberries, turns black when angry, and loves listening to riverside :)

Not joking

Well I've been informed that the dragon I'm buying will breathe fire when he's angry :eek: :p

BTW, I'm jealous of you, I'd love to get something like a bearded dragon.

Have it sussed....OP won the lotto.... hence the speedy desire for a Wolf...and a speedier sourcing of Wolf and a flight to pick up said sourced Wolf.

All makes sense now....
    Do your research....:)

I'm after paying 30k for a unicorn I just saw on Donedeal. Can I keep it in the same field as my Dodo herd or will they just fight?

Sweetie, you have a bigger problem!!! Seriously don't be that weird owner ringing around asking the vet if they have had s e x yet :p

Would you believe me if I say yes?

BTW, I'm jealous of you, I'd love to get something like a bearded dragon.

He's a lovely pet, spends a lot of time in my ohs home office gazing out at the world :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement