Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you store your running shoes?

Options
  • 09-09-2016 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

The more pairs I get the less space I have! For those of you with loads of pairs, where do you store them? Do you rotate them in turn or depending on what run you're doing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

chickey2 wrote: »
    The more pairs I get the less space I have! For those of you with loads of pairs, where do you store them? Do you rotate them in turn or depending on what run you're doing?

Ones I'm wearing can be found in the bedroom, utility room, office, hot press, kitchen, hall, car boot, bottom of wardrobe, shed and in various gear bags.

The worn out ones are hanging down the side of the house.

Ones I haven't worn yet are hidden around various parts of the house where I hope Mrs Beeps won't find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Ones I'm wearing can be found in the bedroom, utility room, office, hot press, kitchen, hall, car boot, bottom of wardrobe, shed and in various gear bags.

The worn out ones are hanging down the side of the house.

Ones I haven't worn yet are hidden around various parts of the house where I hope Mrs Beeps won't find them.

Lol! I did think of you when I mentioned people who have loads of shoes! I thought with your fancy excel sheet you would have some kind of fancy shoe carousel or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

Lined up beside the bed. Ready to go.

Keep your friends close, and your running shoes closer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭joesoap5

I store mine over telegraph wires

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

They're stored wherever I take them off. Usually the living room beside the couch, or the rocking chair. Sometimes in the bedroom beside the bed. Once or twice in the bathroom. The ones I don't wear are in the wardrobe. I think. Or maybe under the bed. Don't quote me on that. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭glacial_pace71

I live in a small shoebox-type apartment, so you'd imagine it'd be easy to store running shoes in a single-aspect, things-can-only-fit-this-way type of container?

However, I'd be rendered unconscious by the smell of my runners if they were stored in the place, so alas the balcony is the home for a large array of various types of running shoe, in states of fitness and decrepitude. Occasionally I cull them: that's an advantage of having them all in the one place - I can see just how badly worn some look relative to others. (Having said that, look and feel are of course two different things, so sometimes I hang onto pairs that still feel useful for cross-country mudbaths etc even if they look like something from WWI trench warfare).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I keep mine in the boot of car

I keep mine in the boot of car

I went on a date with a guy and just as we were about to get into the car he had to clear all of his running shoes from the passsenger seat and the ground. They were all smelly looking yokes as well with muck all over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

joesoap5 wrote: »
    I went on a date with a guy and just as we were about to get into the car he had to clear all of his running shoes from the passsenger seat and the ground. They were all smelly looking yokes as well with muck all over them.

That reminds me of a story Charlie Spedding has in his book. He went on a date and while they were out they met a friend of his dates. While she was talking to her friend he popped out to his car, threw on his runners and went for a 5 mile run. He had a basin and a thermos of warm water in the boot so had a quick wash and changed and got back to his date!

chickey2 wrote: »
    That reminds me of a story Charlie Spedding has in his book. He went on a date and while they were out they met a friend of his dates. While she was talking to her friend he popped out to his car, threw on his runners and went for a 5 mile run. He had a basin and a thermos of warm water in the boot so had a quick wash and changed and got back to his date!

That reminds me of my dad telling me a story of when himself and his friends were all lining up for a race. They were standing beside each other when my dad could feel splashes on his leg. He looked down and one of his buddies was having a pee before the start off in the middle of a crowd of people lining up for a race.

Same guy used to carry a rag to wipe his sweat on long runs and then offer the other men the use of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

I keep my runners on a shoe rack just inside the front door. Realised the other day that I had pretty much taken over the whole of the shoe rack so had to do a bit of a cull.
    joesoap5 wrote: »
    That reminds me of my dad telling me a story of when himself and his friends were all lining up for a race. They were standing beside each other when my dad could feel splashes on his leg. He looked down and one of his buddies was having a pee before the start off in the middle of a crowd of people lining up for a race.

Same guy used to carry a rag to wipe his sweat on long runs and then offer the other men the use of it.

I know of people who pee into a bottle near the start of big races where there are silly queues for the toilet but just doing it while waiting at the start line brings it to a whole new level of scumminess.

Clearlier wrote: »
    I keep my runners on a shoe rack just inside the front door. Realised the other day that I had pretty much taken over the whole of the shoe rack so had to do a bit of a cull.

I know of people who pee into a bottle near the start of big races where there are silly queues for the toilet but just doing it while waiting at the start line brings it to a whole new level of scumminess.

Ah this was back in the 80s when it wasn't so PC though still bad especially getting splashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

For me, they are in a few places.

Some are under the table in the hall, well 4 pairs.
    Future runners are in the attic storage, just need to look for them
    Last year runners are in the shed, use them when cutting the grass etc
    Older runners are in the allotment or somewhere in the shed.

I had a major success last year, I got my own drawer for my running gear. It was a long fought battle with the wife, but now I need another one:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Have 4 active pairs at the moment - which take pride of place on the steps of a ladder in the shed.

There's numerous others tucked away in various other locations throughout the house.....should really throw them out but find it hard to do tbh :o

There's a couple as well on gardening and dog walking duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

in a box by the front door. It'd be in a box outside the front door if the OH had her way :)
    There's a strict "one in - one out" policy in effect, so I'm limited to two pairs for running, one for coaching, and three/four pairs for whatever else

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

RayCun wrote: »
    in a box by the front door. It'd be in a box outside the front door if the OH had her way :)
    There's a strict "one in - one out" policy in effect, so I'm limited to two pairs for running, one for coaching, and three/four pairs for whatever else
    What you need to do is build up a work stash. Then when your colleagues start complaining, get some sort of secret storage facility, like those charity guys..

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

What you need to do is build up a work stash. Then when your colleagues start complaining, get some sort of secret storage facility, like those charity guys..

I've had two complaints this year in work!

I have them under my desk, in the kitchen, hidden in drawers.

Home is not too bad, one pair at the back door for the garden and the racing ones are allowed in the shoe cabinet, the CC spikes are under strict supervision in the shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭SharkTale

For me, they are in a few places.

Some are under the table in the hall, well 4 pairs.
    Future runners are in the attic storage, just need to look for them
    Last year runners are in the shed, use them when cutting the grass etc
    Older runners are in the allotment or somewhere in the shed.

I had a major success last year, I got my own drawer for my running gear. It was a long fought battle with the wife, but now I need another one:rolleyes:

Another wife..... A bit drastic :cool:

Advertisement