Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi spec desktop purchase? Where?

Options
  • 09-09-2016 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Where would I get a computer, online or elsewhere, with at least 32gb ram and at least 500gb ssd? Is it possible to get a decent machine with those requirements for less than €3000?
    Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Interested in building or getting one of our lads to build it for you, could save you a hell of a lot of money

• Registered Users Posts: 10 benfetch

Interested in building or getting one of our lads to build it for you, could save you a hell of a lot of money

Bit of a newb so how would I go about this? Presume there would be no warranty of any sort with this path.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭VictorRomeo

What's the purpose? Gaming/Occulus, rendering/video etc?

You'll get something savage for 3k.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 benfetch

It's for poker and other pretty general things but the reason for these specs is to run a program called piosolver which runs different simulation and trees that require all that Memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

We can give you a parts list, building is easy, it's like Lego.

i7 6700k €350
    Z170 board €120
    Case €100
    SSD €150
    32gb RAM €150
    300w PSU €60
    Total €930

With Windows and delivery, still under 1100

Anyone near you on boards will probably build it for the price of a pint.

The individual parts will have their own warranty, normally up to 3 years depending on the parts. Given that CPUs don't break pretty much, it's pretty cost effective even without a warranty.

Where are you located?

• Advertisement

On Dell.ie you can customise the Alienware up to 64Gb ram and 1Tb ssd. It would be less than €1800 for 32gb ram and 500gb ssd. That is without a monitor or peripherals.

Advertisement