Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant play games online.

• 09-09-2016 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭

Recently i have been getting problems when trying to play games online. This problem starts when i try to log on to games servers, for example logging into destiny or warframe.

When i do a speedtest it fails on the psn sign in section but passes everything else.

It still lets me go to the store and join party chats.

I have no problems on my xbox.

I have switched to a different isp (2 in my house) and it works again. (But that internet is **** slow)

Im not using wifi either.

Any advice?

(Edit: an error i have recieved when sending out party invites is "the dns server did not respond within the time limit)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Recently i have been getting problems when trying to play games online. This problem starts when i try to log on to games servers, for example logging into destiny or warframe.

When i do a speedtest it fails on the psn sign in section but passes everything else.

It still lets me go to the store and join party chats.

I have no problems on my xbox.

I have switched to a different isp (2 in my house) and it works again. (But that internet is **** slow)

Im not using wifi either.

Any advice?

Is your router firewall on a medium to high setting?

Turn it off if possible...

Are your ports forwarded and who is your ISP?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Fieldog wrote: »
    Is your router firewall on a medium to high setting?

Turn it off if possible...

Are your ports forwarded and who is your ISP?

Its a fixed wireless provider. Their not helpfull at all.

Ill try the firewall route. I sent the contact i have there a list of the ports i need changed but i wont hold my breath.

Thanks

Its a fixed wireless provider. Their not helpfull at all.

Ill try the firewall route. I sent the contact i have there a list of the ports i need changed but i wont hold my breath.

Thanks

Check your model number of the router on portforward.com and see if there are any guides or hints on it, you would be surprised what you can find that isn't enabled by default by your ISP firmware...

Iv just tried using my other connection which i thought worked but it dosnt either.

Tinfoil hat time but This has all happened since i got a refund from Sony.

Tinfoil hat time but This has all happened since i got a refund from Sony.

Try ring them, I heard they half lock people's accounts if they try to get refunds....

• Advertisement

Changing the dns on the ps4 seemed to fix it.

Advertisement