Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gmail - making a formal complaint

• 09-09-2016 8:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

Just checking if anyone has been in the situation before and could point me in the right direction

I had a gmail account since 2004 (used all the time really) and without any notice or forewarning, a few months back my account was terminated for "violation of the terms and conditions". Google said I could appeal and provide information in the appeal but have never to this day told me what condition I am supposed to have violated. I was on holiday in Spain when the account was terminated and I found out when I got home. How can I honestly provide any supporting evidence of something when I don't even know what that is. I appealed anyway and again got the standard rejected appeal response

Believe me or not, I've done nothing or changed nothing that I can genuinely think of that would upset google's terms and if they explained the reason to me and it again genuinely was something I did, I have no problem accepting and moving on

Could you imagine if a guard arrested you and said you broke the law, here have a read of the constitution. It's just not acceptable that they know what I'm supposed to have done and yet won't provide me any more info. They're basically ignoring all mails from me now. I sent a mail 2 weeks ago asking for their complaints procedure and no reply

Look, at this point, I've setup a new MS account and I recovered from all the crap I had to deal with with everything being linked to the email, car tax, Apple ID, all that stuff, however I'm locked out of my account since day 1 and I would really like to get back in and get my contacts as well as some receipts at this stage

Is there anyone who regulates google because I rang comreg and nothing to do with them. I want to make an official complaint to google if anyone has done it. Can't find any info on how to do this anywhere

Failing all this, can I make a data protection request against them, requesting them to supply all info they have on me. Wont get my account back but it might annoy them as much as they have done to me and I should have my answer on why this all happened in the first place

12 years a customer of theirs and gone in an instant. Their support is truly shocking and very anti google at the moment

Thanks, very frustrated. Appreciate talking with anyone gone through this before!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Here's one Google article on why an account might be locked:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/43692?hl=en

There's also this link on why they terminate or suspend accounts, there's also a contact form there to get feedback on why the account was terminated etc...

https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/2659114?hl=en

With regards to requesting what data they have on you, the only person you're going to work up or bug is yourself. Like any big company, they have procedures in place and all they'll do is run through that procedure.

Sorry second link is for Adsense, but sure no harm trying that.

Have you been through the usual support pages and forums?
    https://support.google.com/mail/topic/3406147?hl=en&ref_topic=3394215

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

12 years a customer of theirs and gone in an instant

A customer, eh? You should demand a refund of all the money you've paid them over the last 12 years.

I'm wondering where the Infosec angle on this is, but maybe that's more for the mods to worry about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

A customer, eh? You should demand a refund of all the money you've paid them over the last 12 years.

I'm wondering where the Infosec angle on this is, but maybe that's more for the mods to worry about
    moc moc sounds like boc boc

That vid is more helpful than you post.

I thanked your post for the laugh. haha.

Advertisement