Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chain Reaction Cycles question

Options
  • 09-09-2016 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hi all just a quick question, usually try buy all my parts in store but after spotting a deal on a frame here that I can't turn down, only problem is I run a gyro on my brakes and the frame in question doesnt have pre drilled/tapped holes for the gyro tabs, just wondering does anyone here have experience with asking these guys for alterations and is there any chance they'd drill and tap the holes for me rather than bringing it somewhere once it arrives? any help much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I would seriously doubt if they'd do that to any product they're selling as 1) It would invalidate the warranty. (2) Leave themselves wide open to legal proceedings if the part were to fail and cause injury/damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

I would seriously doubt if they'd do that to any product they're selling as 1) It would invalidate the warranty. (2) Leave themselves wide open to legal proceedings if the part were to fail and cause injury/damage.

you reckon? its a fairly standard modification and any time ive had it done on shop bought frames before the shop tend to do it without any problems!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

You are probably better off giving them a call. I found their customer service guys easy to deal with, though my request was simply to get a bike from the warehouse to Boucher Rd for inspection and purchase.

I feel, personally, though, that you may be better off getting the frame as is from CRC, and having an lbs down here do the work, especially if you are supplying the parts. At least then everything is together when the work starts.

You are probably better off giving them a call. I found their customer service guys easy to deal with, though my request was simply to get a bike from the warehouse to Boucher Rd for inspection and purchase.

I feel, personally, though, that you may be better off getting the frame as is from CRC, and having an lbs down here do the work, especially if you are supplying the parts. At least then everything is together when the work starts.

sent them an email anyway but didnt realise they wont be open to reply till monday! you reckon? was just thinking the handiest option just be have them do it as I prefer to set my bikes up myself and it'd be easiest to just have it arrive ready and go at it rather than bringing it somewhere to get the holes drilled and tapped, where od they ship from actually as a matter of interest?

Their shipping can be a bit odd, as they have a couple of facilities. One is attached to one of the stores (Ballyclare), while another is standalone (whitehead) IIRC.

Hopefully you will not be waiting long for a reply, and a good news answer. I'm sure if they can do it, it would not be a major issue for them.

• Advertisement

Their shipping can be a bit odd, as they have a couple of facilities. One is attached to one of the stores (Ballyclare), while another is standalone (whitehead) IIRC.

Hopefully you will not be waiting long for a reply, and a good news answer. I'm sure if they can do it, it would not be a major issue for them.

are they completely europe based? some of their prices are crazy!

Depp wrote: »

I believe they are, but can't say one way or the other for certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tamaskan

Depp wrote: »

Based up North. Also sponsor Sean Kelly's AnPost-ChainReactionCycles Team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Not a hope they'd do that for you OP.

They'd basically be creating a fault in the frame before they've even sold it.

I'd highly doubt many big name cycle stores would do it either.

Best bet would be to either do it yourself or get a small engineering place to do it for your.

They have a store in Belfast but they may not have this particular frame in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I visited CRC in Ballyclare some years ago. I was shown around the whole facility.
    They had a huge workshop, which included a wheel building machine and every tool imaginable. they employed a number of bike mechanics and it seems to me to be an amazingly professional set-up.
    I am sure, that they would have the ability to do the job, required. I am not so sure, that they would be willing to do the job, for the reasons already outlined, i.e. insurance, warranty, etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement