Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where could I get the Motorola Razr2 V9M (Mentalist's phone)

Options
  • 09-09-2016 11:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 185 ✭✭

It's pretty cool. It's got a flip up feature! It's the Motorola Razr2 V9M. Need a new phone, but I couldn't bare to get one of those concrete blocks. I would like something with a bit more dignity.

http://sbnikita.blogspot.ie/2009/06/patrick-janes-phone.html

If I bought one off ebay for example, could I just put my sim straight in, or would there be complications?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Amazon have them,yeah it would work but you wouldnt have 4g

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Partial 3G support too, but you wouldnt even want to try and check email on that anymore.
    Technology
    GSM / HSPA
    2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
    3G bands HSDPA 2100
    HSDPA 850 / 1900 - American version
    Speed HSPA 3.6/0.384 Mbps
    GPRS Class 10
    EDGE Class 12

Get a blackberry slider if you want something a bit different IMO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 185 ✭✭Frank101

ED E wrote: »
    Get a blackberry slider if you want something a bit different IMO.
    Dinosaur of a thing though!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 185 ✭✭Frank101

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Amazon have them,yeah it would work but you wouldnt have 4g
    Well I don't even know what 4g is!

For some reason I had the feeling it mightn't work with my sim if I were to buy it, but maybe that's the issue with online DVDs that I'm thinking of!

I bought a new sim card there recently, and once I inserted it, it started asking me for the code of the phone I put it into before I could start using it. I hadn't a bull's notion!

Perhaps that wouldn't be the case if I were to buy this phone, because I could just use my old (main) sim card. Since this is an old phone anyway, I there'd probably be less security issues associated with it.

Advertisement