Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still waiting for eFibre over a year after we should have gotten it.

Options
  • 10-09-2016 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

So I'll keep this short and to the point. 

So well over a year ago eFibre was said to be coming to my area and when I typed my phone number into the online 'check box' as such, it would tell me within 3 months. As time went on and the 3 months was coming up, it'd be pushed back to "Within six months".
    This same thing keeps happening and to make issues now worse when I type in my number I am told "eFibre is not planned for your area" but if I check the map, there are still plans to put a cabinet in the area. 

This brings me onto my next problem. The map is never updated. According to the map two area around me still don't have it but I have friends in those areas who 100% have fibre from eir. 
    In about a 25 mile radius around my house every other cabinet has been turned on but mine seems to be being neglected.
    I've called up 'eir' and asked could they give and sort of time frame as to when we'd be receiving the service. This ended in essentially the book being passed to he KN Group as I was told to call them up and ask them. Now, I pay my bill to eir and when I ring them up with a legitimate query regarding their service I expect them to be able to answer me and not essentially tell me "I dunno. You may ring those guys who we hired and ask".

As a man trying to run a small business from home it is next to impossible to handle the slow internet connection and speeds I get. If I have to download anything at all for my work it takes hours. Currently I get about a gig down every hour but this means that no one else in my home can touch the internet while I have these downloads going.

I hope to hear from you soon and hopefully you can give me a better answer or for that matter get the show on the road with the whole cabinet getting turned on.

Kind Regards,

TheTitan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

TheTitan wrote: »
    So I'll keep this short and to the point. 

So well over a year ago eFibre was said to be coming to my area and when I typed my phone number into the online 'check box' as such, it would tell me within 3 months. As time went on and the 3 months was coming up, it'd be pushed back to "Within six months".
    This same thing keeps happening and to make issues now worse when I type in my number I am told "eFibre is not planned for your area" but if I check the map, there are still plans to put a cabinet in the area. 

This brings me onto my next problem. The map is never updated. According to the map two area around me still don't have it but I have friends in those areas who 100% have fibre from eir. 
    In about a 25 mile radius around my house every other cabinet has been turned on but mine seems to be being neglected.
    I've called up 'eir' and asked could they give and sort of time frame as to when we'd be receiving the service. This ended in essentially the book being passed to he KN Group as I was told to call them up and ask them. Now, I pay my bill to eir and when I ring them up with a legitimate query regarding their service I expect them to be able to answer me and not essentially tell me "I dunno. You may ring those guys who we hired and ask".

As a man trying to run a small business from home it is next to impossible to handle the slow internet connection and speeds I get. If I have to download anything at all for my work it takes hours. Currently I get about a gig down every hour but this means that no one else in my home can touch the internet while I have these downloads going.

I hope to hear from you soon and hopefully you can give me a better answer or for that matter get the show on the road with the whole cabinet getting turned on.

Kind Regards,

TheTitan
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]TheTitan,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear you feel this way however upgrading a cabinet to efibre requires a lot of work on the cabinet and also on each line connected to the cabinet. You can read more about the works involved here http://fibrerollout.ie/faqs/[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The dates we provide online are estimated and we would be unable to guarantee a date as the time taken to upgrade the line to efibre will vary depending on the level of work involved and whether consents from road and planning authorities and private landowners are necessary.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I will pass on your feedback to the relevant team regarding the efibre rollout map. Is this the map here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Are you an eir customer? I can check your exchange/ cabinet details if you are.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TheTitan

Hey Pamela,

Thanks for getting back to me. 
    Yeah I'm an eir customer. The cabinet that should service my area is the 'CYA1_002'. It is located in Moneenroe, castlecomer, co. Kilkenny. 
    Any further info on this matter would be much appreciated.

I hope to hear from you soon. 

Regards,
    Christopher. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hey Pamela,

Thanks for getting back to me. 
    Yeah I'm an eir customer. The cabinet that should service my area is the ''CYA1_002. It is located in Moneenroe, castlecomer, co. Kilkenny. 
    Any further info on this matter would be much appreciated.

I hope to hear from you soon. 

Regards,
    Christopher. 
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem Christopher. CYA1_002 might be the cabinet in the area but this does not mean you will be connected to it.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your account number and I will check this?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Advertisement