Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bleeding post c section

• 10-09-2016 6:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi, I had a section 2 weeks and 2 days ago and the bleeding had tapered off quite quickly and had been very light, woke for the night feed at 4am and it's now really heavy, I have changed 3 panty liners and am now back using a maternity pad. I will ring the hospital in the morning but just wondering if this is normal?
    Not soaking a pad within an hour which is always how the hosp measures it...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Yes I had 'round 2' after 2 weeks also. Unless there is a large clot or the blood is fresh you are ok

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭cleanslate

Yes I had 'round 2' after 2 weeks also. Unless there is a large clot or the blood is fresh you are ok

Thanks so much, I rang the hosp this morning too. But relief to hear from you as well. The joys :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

If you're worried about a post partum haemorrage I had one after baby no.1. Literally big gush of blood bit like weeing yourself but not coming from your bladder.You get very dizzy and sick, and the pad (for me) was heavily soaked with blood within minutes.
    You were dead right to ring hospital but if you were having a haemorrage you'd probably know pretty quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Usually a sign you're over doing it. Take it easy for a while longer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

As January said, it's isualky a sign of overdoing things. Same happened to me and it was really heavy. I had to keep wearing the maternity pads for a few weeks. It was about 5 weeks before bleeding eventually stopped. You really do need to take it easy, even if you think you feel fine. I kept thinking I was ok & would do too much. Even going for a short walk was a lot for me after 2 weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭cleanslate

BusyIzzy wrote: »
    If you're worried about a post partum haemorrage I had one after baby no.1. Literally big gush of blood bit like weeing yourself but not coming from your bladder.You get very dizzy and sick, and the pad (for me) was heavily soaked with blood within minutes.
    You were dead right to ring hospital but if you were having a haemorrage you'd probably know pretty quickly.

Thanks - I actually had a haemorrage an hour after being transferred to the ward after having baby and lost 2 litres of blood so thankfully is nothing like this, just like a period after it had almost stopped for days, and back n the giant pads :-(

Thanks to everyone who said I might be overdoing it, I will cut back a bit, i haven't been cleaning/driving/lifting or anything but have been getting out and about almost every day, as my hubby has taken some annual leave each week so far, so we have been going for short walks etc, lunches out with baby and I brought baby into work and all so I will slow down a bit.
    Thanks everyone and hope you and babys are all well :-)

Advertisement