Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Students sh#tting on my doorstep

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Looks pretty grim, thats the big drawback with a student town I suppose. I'd also note that the Indo actually printed "my son seen it", so seem to have completely abandoned any semblance of professional journalism.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Tin Roofer

Looks pretty grim, thats the big drawback with a student town I suppose. I'd also note that the Indo actually printed "my son seen it", so seem to have completely abandoned any semblance of professional journalism.

It is contained in a quote. Should they have misquoted? Admittedly it is missing the usual [sic] though.

The students are revolting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 147 ✭✭Ericdravancrow

Tin Roofer wrote: »
    It is contained in a quote. Should they have misquoted? Admittedly it is missing the usual [sic] though.

Ya...bring back scumbags and drug dealers, they were so much quieter.

Those apartments should have been knocked down in the early '90s not renovated... stupid city council again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Unfortunately for her, it's not going to change any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

seem to have completely abandoned any semblance of professional journalism.

Most of the irish papers have. The indos website in particular is a tabloid, nothing more. Don't think there is one decent daily broadsheet now. The irish Times is gone to pot and the Examiner is like the Cork Community news. Maybe the irish version of the times

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

vkid wrote: »
    Most of the irish papers have. The indos website in particular is a tabloid, nothing more. Don't think there is one decent daily broadsheet now. The irish Times is gone to pot and the Examiner is like the Cork Community news. Maybe the irish version of the times

Click bait and regurgitation mostly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

As much as I feel bad for the woman and the neighbours putting up with the noise and crap , it's not gonna stop anytime soon and unfortunately if they still have issues with it they 'll have to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭cup of tea

The Limerick Post headline is a small bit sensationalist to say the least. I have a picture in my head of them walking down the streets with knee high wellingtons while buckets full of toilet matter are thrown onto the streets like medieval times.
    ''Limerick city residents left to walk through blood and human waste
    ''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Another thing is "Watergate" wouldn't be known for having upstanding Citizens it's self,

Having grown up in this area for most of my life, I find this comment incredibly offensive. I've lived around the most friendly, hard working people there, and a statement like that is completely ignorant.

What makes the people living there not "upstanding citizens" to you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,514 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    Having grown up in this area for most of my life, I find this comment incredibly offensive. I've lived around the most friendly, hard working people there, and a statement like that is completely ignorant.

I have to say, I never really got the reputation the Watergate flats seems to have...the vast majority of dwellings are well kept, I am sure there are exceptions but not enough to justify the nonsense you have correctly pointed out...

I remember when Flan Costello announced plans to open a hostel in the old Molineux's premises, most posters on here were in fear for the potential guests...I couldn't fathom why...I felt sorry for the residents but I didn't want to contribute to that thread...never in my life, have I felt intimidated in this area and I pass through it day and night...the area at night is a complete mess with all the pubs/niteclubs alright...but it is not the local residence that are the problem!!!! In the very same way Irish people can be completely ignorant toward Limerick, we are well capable of being ignorant toward our own areas!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Is Watergate in town? I'm not familair with it.

If it is they should be petitioning the council or the nite clubs to put in temporary toilets, PortaLoos or those urinals you see at music festivals, that might cut down on the on street toilet going.

Also if there's glass everywhere the niteclubs should be under more pressure not to let people bring glass outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,514 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Is Watergate in town? I'm not familair with it.

If it is they should be petitioning the council or the nite clubs to put in temporary toilets, PortaLoos or those urinals you see at music festivals, that might cut down on the on street toilet going.

Also if there's glass everywhere the niteclubs should be under more pressure not to let people bring glass outside.

Two very good ideas there...the amount of glass in that public car park across from the old Instore shop is a disgrace...most of all you need a heavy garda presence, where are the Public Order Units?....these crowds wouldn't be tolerated anywhere else in the city centre it shouldn't be tolerated here either...the policy of allowing pubs/niteclubs/fast food joints in one small area of the city is highly questionable also....being honest the fact that at the same age I would of being doing the same as most of these young ones doesn't make it right, we have a problem with alcohol and we have no alcohol policing policy...it makes for a messy atmosphere....

The Watergate area is behind that old Instore shop, it is directly across the road from the Milk Market...

Cherrycoke wrote: »

You're entitled to your opinion, and so am I.
    I know Limerick very well, and my opinion is it is a kip of a place, it should be flattened.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

All the pubs clubs takeaways in the area should be made pay for extra clean up and security

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Its the bottles from pre drinking the problem.
    That whole area is a mess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

If that is where all the clubs and pubs (Nancys/Ikon/Smyths etc) are located, then surely it's not just students causing the after hours commotion. Most people who frequent these venues would be older than typical students so I don't understand how they can single out the main offenders as being students.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

You're entitled to your opinion, and so am I.
    I know Limerick very well, and my opinion is it is a kip of a place, it should be flattened.

Regardless of what you think of the area itself, I'm sure the people who live there are no better or worse than the people in your own area.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

I worked near the flats for a year. Windows put in every weekend. Cars along the street constantly being broken into. St Michaels grave yard would be like oxegen on a sunny evening with lads drinks cans, smoking weed and causing trouble. And it wasn't students doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/ive-to-clean-up-vomit-blood-and-sht-from-outside-my-gate-irish-mum-describes-week-of-hell-35035619.html
    I honestly think this is hyped up, students are loud and messy, but ****ting on a door step, really.
    Another thing is "Watergate" wouldn't be known for having upstanding Citizens it's self, more than likely some junkie relieved themselves at her door step.

1. How dare you cast the people of watergate in that light with out having proof to back that up

2. would you like some **** sent via paypal? there was plenty stown about!!

3. These are council owned flats, I suppose you have your own home bought and paid for?

4. I would hazard a guess and say you don't have any children and if you do did they get a full 8-hour sleep? Because most of the kids here in watergate were lucky if the got 3!!!

@MOD my link was closed because it was deemed unnecessary However the Limerick Leader seems to think it important to publish the exact story your mod closed down. S I ask you why is this up???

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057645573

• Advertisement

ongarboy wrote: »
    If that is where all the clubs and pubs (Nancys/Ikon/Smyths etc) are located, then surely it's not just students causing the after hours commotion. Most people who frequent these venues would be older than typical students so I don't understand how they can single out the main offenders as being students.

It was freshers and when you sit at your window and see scantily clad teens you get a notion of who and what they are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Tin Roofer wrote:

It's like Paris in '68 all over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

tonyheaney wrote: »
    1. How dare you cast the people of watergate in that light with out having proof to back that up

2. would you like some **** sent via paypal? there was plenty stown about!!

3. These are council owned flats, I suppose you have your own home bought and paid for?

4. I would hazard a guess and say you don't have any children and if you do did they get a full 8-hour sleep? Because most of the kids here in watergate were lucky if the got 3!!!

Well to blame students is just as bad as blaming residents.. But you've zero issue with doing that?

Watergate had issues and people doing ****e all throughout the year, picking the students because they're an easy target is pathetic..

Breaking news: people drink at nightclubs! Shocker! Students aren't around Saturdays(for the most part) and the same ****e takes place.. But hey it's students at fault!!

Its not ideal scenario for a family.. Get the family out then?.. Be it apply for new housing or went elsewhere..

Not just stop drinking and the students!!

This area has had pubs and nightclub for years, why did she move in there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

cup of tea wrote: »
    The Limerick Post headline is a small bit sensationalist to say the least. I have a picture in my head of them walking down the streets with knee high wellingtons while buckets full of toilet matter are thrown onto the streets like medieval times.
    ''Limerick city residents left to walk through blood and human waste
    ''

Someone buy them a pair of shoes for god sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Another thing is "Watergate" wouldn't be known for having upstanding Citizens it's self, more than likely some junkie relieved themselves at her door step.

Gotta horse outside,

F***er is nine foot high

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Well to blame students is just as bad as blaming residents.. But you've zero issue with doing that?

Watergate had issues and people doing ****e all throughout the year, picking the students because they're an easy target is pathetic..

Breaking news: people drink at nightclubs! Shocker! Students aren't around Saturdays(for the most part) and the same ****e takes place.. But hey it's students at fault!!

Its not ideal scenario for a family.. Get the family out then?.. Be it apply for new housing or went elsewhere..

Not just stop drinking and the students!!

I am a student

It was freshers night so it was that night so included students

council housing been there since 1960s why should they move?

you live in a coco house? its not that easy to just up and go

This area has had pubs and nightclub for years, why did she move in there?

houses came before the pubs and clubs 1960s

Someone buy them a pair of shoes for god sake

LOL funny :D:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Tin Roofer

tonyheaney wrote: »
    I am a student

It was freshers night so it was that night so included students

council housing been there since 1960s why should they move?

you live in a coco house? its not that easy to just up and go

I'd rather have a bowl of coco pops. All sing along.

Advertisement