Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Students sh#tting on my doorstep

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

You need a better defence than, 'they were there first' because times change. The tenements of old are gone too, if not Limerick would be still a slum.

u won't think that way if a student village is built beside.your home someday and I.really hope it doesn't as I said it happened to.me and ruined a fantastic area I lived in and ruined the lives of.my ex neighbours who are left to.fend for themselves by the people responsible

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 147 ✭✭Ericdravancrow

"ruined a fantastic area"....you just lost the whole debate with the statement!!!
    Go live in another Council paid for estate, some folk never want better for the next generation, happy to live like the generation before, generation after generation, one time ye were referred to as serf's....
    here's a new idea...
    ...Get up off yer arse and make a better life for your kids, than being a council sponge all yer life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

"ruined a fantastic area"....you just lost the whole debate with the statement!!!
    Go live in another Council paid for estate, some folk never want better for the next generation, happy to live like the generation before, generation after generation, one time ye were referred to as serf's....
    here's a new idea...
    ...Get up off yer arse and make a better life for your kids, than being a council sponge all yer life.

you definetly can't read so again I will repeat myseld I lived in Edward street in a cul de sac with 8 houses' They builded a student village called city campus about half a mile away from Mary I college for 400 students and ruined the area nothing to do with watergate.if u learn to read you would have seen that. I am showing that it is happening.in the city and not just in watergate and hence why I wished it never happens where u live as I stated now about 8 times it ruined where I lived and after six yrs I had to move away reluctantly..

and to tell me get off my ass..I am.self employed and employ one person...so I am speaking as someone thay has gone through it firsthand and do not live in watergate so get into the real world and again stop commenting on something you know nothing about

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Emm Ericdravancrow, not that it has anything to do with people's right to complain about anti-social behaviour but you do know that just because an estate was built by the council, doesn't mean the people living there rent from the council? Ever heard of tenant purchase?

Past issues aside, Watergate is in a great location for schools etc. People chose to live there as it's their home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Google news "Watergate" ....not much to be proud of..case closed ;-)

Would you like to share the name of the area that you're from?

Give us all the opportunity to Google search and slag off your defenceless elderly neighbours?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

no personal abuse. No warnings

Was passing the other day on the way to college...got an awful need to take a ****e for some reason ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

I walked from Nancy's through the milk market last night around 12:30.

Christ what a hellhole it has become down there at night. Like a human zoo. Drunk students stumbling around like zombies on kebab row. Most coming from the Library. Bottles of drink thrown everywhere and not just beer bottles but full sized wine bottles all over the place. Looks like some serious street drinking going on down there from outside the library and up around that sex shop across from it.

Where the fcuk are the gardai?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Exeggcute wrote: »
    I walked from Nancy's through the milk market last night around 12:30.

Christ what a hellhole it has become down there at night. Like a human zoo. Drunk students stumbling around like zombies on kebab row. Most coming from the Library. Bottles of drink thrown everywhere and not just beer bottles but full sized wine bottles all over the place. Looks like some serious street drinking going on down there from outside the library and up around that sex shop across from it.

Supermacs?

Exeggcute wrote: »

Topaz, Dock Road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Taco Chips

Grr! Those awful young people with their drinking and late night antics. Not like that in my day so it wasn't!

397671.jpg

Advertisement