Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NUIG or UCD!!!

• 10-09-2016 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

This year I will have to fill out my CAO form but I can't decide between UCD or NUIG. I know I will probably studying mechanical engineering or at least undenominated engineering. I live in roscommon and I will be able to get accommodation in Galway easy and also the points are only 450 or so. UCD is regarded as a better college according to my friends but the points are way higher (close to 500) and accommodation is hard to get. I hope to get around 500 points in the leaving. Just need some advice please. All opinions welcomed. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Mush999 wrote: »
    This year I will have to fill out my CAO form but I can't decide between UCD or NUIG. I know I will probably studying mechanical engineering or at least undenominated engineering. I live in roscommon and I will be able to get accommodation in Galway easy and also the points are only 450 or so. UCD is regarded as a better college according to my friends but the points are way higher (close to 500) and accommodation is hard to get. I hope to get around 500 points in the leaving. Just need some advice please. All opinions welcomed. Thanks.

Go to NUIG.
    Closer to home, things are cheaper, Galway is a better place to go out that Dub IMO.

UCD MAY be better for engineering, buy that's only when you go for post graduate stuff.
    In terms of undergrad you'll get the same experience.

Look at the breakdown of the courses and see which one suits you best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mush999

Thanks for that I will really consider that

• Registered Users Posts: 33 lalabear53

Honestly NUIG is such a lovely and friendly university! I was seriously considering going to UCD as i live in roscommon too but I am so glad i chose NUIG now.

Accommodation is much cheaper and it is a highly regarded university and i feel much safer in Galway than I would in Dublin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Johnnyhpipe

DIT Bolton St

Advertisement