Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anpost vs other options

Options
  • 10-09-2016 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

Hi,

a few months ago I started a small online eCommerce and I sell product both on my website and on eBay. Sales have gone slowly increasing and on average I make around 20/week and spend on average 100€/week on shipping fees. So far I have been using AnPost for all shipping, I generally send out the items via registered post if they have a value over 50€ (less than 10% of the order) and via standard post <50€.

I find standard post fast and quite cheap, I take a bit of a risk as I cannot track the items online and I am subject to scam, however on average only 1-2% of the customers says they haven't received the package and when this happen I just process a full refund immediately without questions asked. The average value is around 20/30€ and not worth time/effort to follow up/investigate through the post office. Overall in the long run I feel I save a lot of money by not sending everything via registered/traceable post.

Said this I would like to see if I can improve this and start looking around what the other available options are. Ideally I look to:
    1) Be able to track every item online.
    2) Have orders collected from my home, rather than me having to go to the post office (would save me 30 minutes/day).

Possibly at the same or lower price than Anpost.

I still don't sell enough to pay for a fullfillment company, but hope to get there next year, it is always a bit of a problem for me to deal with this issue when I travel abroad for work or pleasure (approx 6/8 weeks per year).

Any suggestion on available option is more than welcome :)

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 kevin212

Hi,

If you are located in the Dublin area there are great budget tracked services available from 4 into the UK and they carry out collections unfortunately outside of this area it may be difficult to get such competitive rates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

kevin212 wrote: »
    Hi,

If you are located in the Dublin area there are great budget tracked services available from 4 into the UK and they carry out collections unfortunately outside of this area it may be difficult to get such competitive rates

thanks for the answer, so for the late reply I completely forgot about having opened this thread.

Advertisement