Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home security

Options
  • 10-09-2016 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭

Been a spate of burglaries in my area the last few weeks.....one last night just down the road. What is the best method of home security apart from alarms which don't seem to deter these lowlifes? Can someone recommend a good cctv set up or other security system? Cheers folks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A good alarm then CCTV with good lighting.
    Most of these lowlifes are wearing hoodies so they are not being deterred by cctv too much either. But an alarm draws attention and can contact people to check things out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Wailin

When you say CCTV with good lighting do you mean night vision (expensive I presume) or those security lights?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Most domestic level cctv come with infred lighting now anyway. But no, I just meant good lighting or sensor lighting.
    Intruders like the darkness.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Putt it there

Alarm first every time . And get a good one put in by a reputable company - not the cheapest you can find . Alarms can prevent robbery but cctv only looks at it . Sensor lights good too , LED sensor lights last years and are very easy to install . Remember spend peanuts get monkeys .

Advertisement