Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious case of joined up thinking

Options
  • 10-09-2016 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭

Anyone familiar with the N11 in the Loughlinstown area will be aware of the road works and closure of Commons Road (it's the little side road in between Wyatville flyover and the roundabout southbound).

They finished resurfacing works during the week, so the road is now smooth and tidy (at the moment).

There is also now a new addition to it. From the speedbump and no entry sign, preventing vehicular access to the N11, they have added in a segregated, contra flow cycle lane, out to the N11, in the space where cars used to park for the pitch + putt.

As someone who used to cycle up to this point, dismount, and walk around the corner, I am pleasantly surprised by this joined up thinking, as I imagine I am not the only one who would have done this.

Why can't they do things like this more often though?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Anyone familiar with the N11 in the Loughlinstown area will be aware of the road works and closure of Commons Road (it's the little side road in between Wyatville flyover and the roundabout southbound).

They finished resurfacing works during the week, so the road is now smooth and tidy (at the moment).

There is also now a new addition to it. From the speedbump and no entry sign, preventing vehicular access to the N11, they have added in a segregated, contra flow cycle lane, out to the N11, in the space where cars used to park for the pitch + putt.

As someone who used to cycle up to this point, dismount, and walk around the corner, I am pleasantly surprised by this joined up thinking, as I imagine I am not the only one who would have done this.

Why can't they do things like this more often though?

Someone is about to get sacked

Advertisement