Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing bra's

Options
  • 10-09-2016 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

Just a quick one... how do you know what size nursing bra to get for your labour / maternity bag?

I've change 3 times since I got pregnant? Any tips? Should I get a bigger size?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I went up 6 cup sizes while I was pregnant. I started at a 30FF, was a 32J at around 32 weeks and I've stayed around that size since apart from going up to around a K/KK cup for a day or two when my milk came in. My best suggestion would be to get something soft with a bit of flexibility in the biggest size you are while you're pregnant, maybe add one cup as it's better for it to be a little too big than to constrict you in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

I have gone from a 30 to a 36 back size. The twins are pushing my ribcage right out. ITs so weird. Wonder if it will ever go back?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dizzy bee

I gave up on normal bras and have moved to stretchy sports type bras...so much more comfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

fits wrote: »
    I have gone from a 30 to a 36 back size. The twins are pushing my ribcage right out. ITs so weird. Wonder if it will ever go back?

I went up 4 inches on my ribs, cup size never changed so I just stuck with same size as normal 34DD and used an extender.

While I didn't have twins I apparently had very strong stomach muscles which resulted in almost no bump, baby stayed up inside my ribs and spread them. I think it took about 9-12 months but they're back to normal now.

Yes twin B is right up inside my ribs on the right side and pushing them out. Very strange sensation. Good to hear that they might go back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Change do amazing nursing bras esp for a bigger bust.
    I went from a 34 to 36 but no cupsize change on any of mine.

Well the cups get bigger when the backsize does anyway...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

pooch90 wrote: »

Got these aswell. Really comfy & great they fit as you change sizes. M&S do similar ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

I wore them for the last trimester and then for all BF, even ordered a spare when labour started :D Only thing is they go a bit bobbly when washed to bits- they will be due to leaks etc. I wouldn't spend a fortune on a specific size bra for nursing though-especially when milk comes in, you want a bit of give.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Thank you for all the replies ladies. I was in Penneys at the weekend and they had a two pack (a really nice cream and peach) for only €12, so I picked up the size I am now and one size bigger. They will do me for the hospital stay at least.

Also the OH was ready our policy details and turns out laya pay for a maternity bra for you :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

stickybean wrote: »
    Thank you for all the replies ladies. I was in Penneys at the weekend and they had a two pack (a really nice cream and peach) for only €12, so I picked up the size I am now and one size bigger. They will do me for the hospital stay at least.

Also the OH was ready our policy details and turns out laya pay for a maternity bra for you :D

Do they!? I never saw that in our policy!

I wasn't happy with the Penneys maternity bras, they have awful support. I got the padded & non padded ones. The padded ones are awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

stickybean wrote:
    Also the OH was ready our policy details and turns out laya pay for a maternity bra for you

On my policy they pay up to 39e so send in the receipts for a few to make up the amount. I sent in a sterling receipt for 4 bras that came to over 39e and they gave me the 39e back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I had the padded Penneys ones and hated them, I found the clips very poor quality and it was impossible to fold the padded cup down out of the way.

I had the padded Penneys ones and hated them, I found the clips very poor quality and it was impossible to fold the padded cup down out of the way.

Yeah same here. They have no support & my straps were altered to the furthest they can go after a day! Total waste of money!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Do they!? I never saw that in our policy!

Up to €275 combined receipts for a range of benefits including, baby massage classes, breastfeeding consultations, midwifery service, maternity bra, GP, complementary therapies, chiropody, physiotherapy, nutritionist, counselling services, Dental & Optical.

stickybean wrote: »
    Up to €275 combined receipts for a range of benefits including, baby massage classes, breastfeeding consultations, midwifery service, maternity bra, GP, complementary therapies, chiropody, physiotherapy, nutritionist, counselling services, Dental & Optical.

Must check ours, although we are on very basic cover & we didn't go private.

I must check our policy also. Im with glohealth.

By the way, I have two hot milk maternity bras. They are more pricey but very comfortable and have a huge selection of back clips to adjust as you do.

Advertisement