Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Further Education Teaching Salary

Options
  • 10-09-2016 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I have been offered 8 hours teaching at a College of FE.

I am wondering what the salary scale is for FE teachers; it seems that it is the same as Second Level teachers. When I click FE teachers pay on the TUI site, it brings me to a Second Level pay scale, but then there looks to be a more recent pay scale out there (€27k vs. €30k - 1st point of scale). The Dept. of Education site looks like a minefield at the moment, and I am trawling my way through that.

I am trying to figure out how much I will actually be paid when I start the job.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

As far as I am aware, the pay scale is the same as second level. I teach both second level and further ed. This could be different in an institute where there is no post-primary option. If you are teaching a subject in which you are not qualified to teach, you will be paid at an unqualified rate. Check the contract for details before you sign it. It should direct you to the salary scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭ustazjoseph

it should be the same as second level. talk to your personnel office. You may have an 8 hour contract spread over the year or just paid per hour taught ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭GTE

Thanks for the replies.

I wont be at the centre for a wee while yet so I was wondering.

It is 8 hours per week, so it would be above the threshold into a pro-rata of the salary scale, as far as I know.

Thanks

Advertisement