Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diploma still a thing?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Hi
    Just signed up for the same course.

My understanding is that Diplomas are Level 6, old school Level 7 diplomas were re-classed as an ordinary degree, whereas as Level 8 is the honours.

I'm a bit peed-off actually as I've just completed 2yrs level 6 (special purpose award) Diploma in Computer Studies (2:1) but doesn't seem to be at a high enough standard to transfer across to any degree programme, so have to start from scratch again. Really need a degree to progress my career.

Ah well might see you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭limpdd

jaqian wrote: »
    Hi
    Just signed up for the same course.

My understanding is that Diplomas are Level 6, old school Level 7 diplomas were re-classed as an ordinary degree, whereas as Level 8 is the honours.

I'm a bit peed-off actually as I've just completed 2yrs level 6 (special purpose award) Diploma in Computer Studies (2:1) but doesn't seem to be at a high enough standard to transfer across to any degree programme, so have to start from scratch again. Really need a degree to progress my career.

Ah well might see you there.

Hi Jaqian, so does that mean that the first part of the course is level 6 and the second part is level 8, with no level 7 in-between?

limpdd wrote: »
    Hi Jaqian, so does that mean that the first part of the course is level 6 and the second part is level 8, with no level 7 in-between?

To be honest I don't know, I'm just focused on the degree. Level 7 is usually where you complete a degree after 3 years, don't know if you can do that in DCU but I've a mate in Tallaght IT and he is 3yrs for ordinary degree (level 7) and stays the extra year to get the honours degree which is level 8.

Diploma is probably lvl6, then 3yrs is lvl7 and full 4yrs is lvl8. Email or ring them for info.

Im wondering tho if you have left it too late to start it this year. Contact them straight away if interested.

Just thinking, the DCU forum should be able to help, check it out...

www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=471

Just thinking, the DCU forum should be able to help, check it out...

www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=471

• Advertisement
Advertisement