Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    This came up last week as well - who's his daddy??? :confused:

All a bit lame so far IMO - thought Erin's charleston was shocking (not as shocking as the scores it got, mind you!)

Marty - less said, the better, really! Morto.

Maia - thought she made a fair fist of that rumba, although it was all a bit jerky (but tied in with the music, so maybe that was intentional) Of all the dances, I would absolutely HATE to have to do a rumba!!

Tomás - yeah, bit wooden, not the worst paso I've ever seen but certainly far from the best.

I'm still waiting to be wowed.

Impressed that they managed to get a whole TWO dances in this week before going for paydirt and their comp/ad break :D

Totally agree re rhumba!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Time for a cuppa while Bernard is on . He annoys me so much

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

i absolutely loved Deirdre's dance.
    Beautifully choreographed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    This came up last week as well - who's his daddy??? :confused:

I looked it up - Seanie O'Leary, played hurling with Cork for 13 years and won 4 All Ireland's with them.
    I think people overestimate the power of the supposed 'GAA vote', particularly when we're talking the son of a past GAA player!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Rumba should have a continuous flow, you should never stop moving, i dont know why the judges didn't comment on all the start stops in maia's rumba

• Advertisement

The way Loraine says 'byoodivel' makes me die. I'd love to know how she came by that accent, it's more contrived than Amanda's and that's saying something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Tomás has his own minor all-ireland hurling medal from 2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭saffron22

nagdefy wrote: »
    Tomás has his own minor all-ireland hurling medal from 2000.

Bernard didn't even dance. What is with those remarks

saffron22 wrote: »
    Bernard didn't even dance. What is with those remarks

Just saying he was involved in GAA ata high level albeit not as high as his father.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Robs trousers just exaggerated his bad leg work

Hardly noticed Rob! ;) Emily was fab!!

• Advertisement

Would love to see Vitali and Valeria dance together! They must have had some wedding first dance:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Alannah is fab

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I noticed that ! She was wearing black shoes at the beginning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Nice screw up with the scores there.

Cream rising to the top tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Would love to see Vitali and Valeria dance together! They must have had some wedding first dance:)

Are Kai & Giulia still together too? I only discovered recently Ksenia used to date Ryan - dancing is obviously a great way to hook up! :D

Are Kai & Giulia still together too? I only discovered recently Ksenia used to date Ryan - dancing is obviously a great way to hook up! :D

Not sure about the former.

Yes Strictly has become very popular with gaa clubs, in particular, as a fundraiser countrywide. It has broken up marriages like the national versions.

Yours truly did it 4 years ago. I was slightly better than Marty and Bernard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,739 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Erin was awful.

Tomás had some fall down that routine was bloody awful.

I liked Marty with the slower routine, Bernard is amusing AND improving (how is Valeria doing it?) Maïa still can't take to.

Love Erin/Maïa to go really. Tomás might be in danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,270 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Byram and Byrne....talk about money for old rope!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

exaisle wrote: »
    I think Tomás works hard at it but it just hasn't sunk in yet...that was a bit wooden, although I liked the special effect...

Loved the special effects. Tomás made a very good effort. Giulia looked absolutely stunning! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

With all the special effects this week I thought they shrunk the pro dancers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭etar

the professional dancers are amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Give me the wand Amanda, so that I can wish you away.

Aside from Amanda Byram though, the production levels are amazing. It looks amazing, the judges are colourful, the screens are amazing (particularly for John and Deirdre), and Nicky Byrne has come on leaps and bounds since his Lotto presenting days. I wonder did they just ship over all the gear from the UK production, or is this a completely independent production?

Can't believe Marty is through

Maia should probably go

Aw....... that's a shame Tomas is going home

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Could you imagine Donnacha O'Callaghan on this show. They would have to quadruple the insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,739 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Tomás went from what 4th to 9th in the leaderboard?

Awful routine from Giulia.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

An ok result Thomas was a bit wooden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Not sure about the former.

Yes Strictly has become very popular with gaa clubs, in particular, as a fundraiser countrywide. It has broken up marriages like the national versions.

Yours truly did it 4 years ago. I was slightly better than Marty and Bernard :D

I've done it three times. Twice for local gaa club and there was plenty of hooking up in it. No marriages broken up though thankfully.

• Advertisement

He seems a bit relieved!
    I wonder why they don't just have the vote and the competition all in one - I always wonder how many people bother paying to vote, I'd imagine it's pretty low, but I've heard the number of entries to the comp is always unbelievably high.

Advertisement