Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Aw....... that's a shame Tomas is going home

As P. Johnson said terrible routine cost him. So much depends on a good partner who chooses well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

dee_mc wrote: »
    That was beautiful! Anna looks fantastic in that colour too.

She was terrific. Will definitely finish in the top three.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

He seems a bit relieved! .
    My thoughts as well!
    I wonder why they don't just have the vote and the competition all in one - I always wonder how many people bother paying to vote, I'd imagine it's pretty low, but I've heard the number of entries to the comp is always unbelievably high.

They are certain people who vote for these things in my experience and they can vote multiple times and I find especially with Irish things they tend to be older and more rural.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

The joke act gets kept in a lot on these shows but I hope Bernard becomes the joke act people want to keep instead of Marty, Bernard is actually improving and Valeria looks like she is actually enjoying herself which is the opposite of Ksenia

368100 wrote: »
    Nicky's jackets always look at size too small

His diction is pathetic.

His 'Don't vote just yet' sounds like 'Don't vote your sh1t' to my ears! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭saffron22

brooke 2 wrote: »
    His diction is pathetic.

His 'Don't vote just yet' sounds like 'Don't vote your sh1t' to my ears! :eek:
    I had to rewind it 3 times to check he hadn't cursed

• Registered Users Posts: 29,376 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

The way Loraine says 'byoodivel' makes me die. I'd love to know how she came by that accent, it's more contrived than Amanda's and that's saying something!

This! Her accent drives me absolutely NUTS (and not in a good way!) Between that and the "I wudda liken", I'm going to put something through the telly one of these weeks :mad:
    Hardly noticed Rob! ;) Emily was fab!!
    Have to agree with this!

Anna and Deirdre were fantastic. Esp Deirdre - the bloody pace of that dance was incredible! And she seemed to be perfectly in time the whole time.

Bernard - uugh. Just no. And was I imagining things or did he stick his arms down by his sides and do a bit of h-aon, dó, trí at one stage :confused: :eek:

They are certain people who vote for these things in my experience and they can vote multiple times and I find especially with Irish things they tend to be older and more rural.

I don't mean to be confrontational fresh but have you any facts to back this up?

I do agree, but it's only a hunch, that rural, older voters are more inclined to vote. Less channels etc. But multiple votes?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,739 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Could you imagine Donnacha O'Callaghan on this show. They would have to quadruple the insurance.

If he had to lift any of the female pros they'd be hurled to the rafters :pac:

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I noticed that ! She was wearing black shoes at the beginning
    Because I'd seen this comment just as their dance was starting, I took particular notice of her shoes - it was the lighting that made them look black!

Also, but maybe only because I was watching so closely, I thought Alannah looked a bit unsteady on her feet after any spins or other manoeuvres - but she still was great, that dance suited her down to the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

nagdefy wrote: »
    I don't mean to be confrontational fresh but have you any facts to back this up?

I do agree, but it's only a hunch, that rural, older voters are more inclined to vote. Less channels etc. But multiple votes?

Last years winner?

I am just basing it on people I know I find older people better to vote on these shows and those who are from rural area/towns etc are better to vote than those from Dublin/Cork city.

It't a little like The Late Late completion every week people give out that that the winner isn't from Dublin but I spoke to somebody who was involved in this before and they said Dublin people were terrible to enter for the size of the population and she also said people country wide got a very easy question wrong.

Ryaner179 wrote: »
    Last years winner?

Last years winner doesn't prove rural people vote multiple times. It proves nothing. It could be a garda vote. A Cork city vote, where he works. A GAA vote (though i don't think so).

I am just basing it on people I know I find older people better to vote on these shows and those who are from rural area/towns etc are better to vote than those from Dublin/Cork city.

It't a little like The Late Late completion every week people give out that that the winner isn't from Dublin but I spoke to somebody who was involved in this before and they said Dublin people were terrible to enter for the size of the population and she also said people country wide got a very easy question wrong.

But multiple votes?

Jeepers, just looking at the snapshots of the various dances, just goes to show how awful Erin('s dance) was :eek:

Ah now it must be rural people because they got a very easy question wrong:D

Ah now that's a bit insulting.

Last years winner doesn't prove rural people vote multiple times. It proves nothing. It could be a garda vote. A Cork city vote, where he works. A GAA vote (though i don't think so).
    But multiple votes?

Yes multiple votes in my experience if they want somebody to win.
    Last year with Aidan he had politicians, local radio, Mention by a Kerry man on TV, etc all basically aimed at kerry people and this really helped him. Denise/Aoibhin hadn't this in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Can't believe Marty is through

why not? des made it through to the latter stages last year, Marty is extremely popular.

plus ksenia.....she is worth alot of votes,not the same programe without her.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Jeepers, just looking at the snapshots of the various dances, just goes to show how awful Erin('s dance) was :eek:

The eight she got was ridiculous!

The eight she got was ridiculous!
    Off the scale ridiculous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

Julian: "<relevant character/celebrity>, eat your heart out!"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Because I'd seen this comment just as their dance was starting, I took particular notice of her shoes - it was the lighting that made them look black!

Also, but maybe only because I was watching so closely, I thought Alannah looked a bit unsteady on her feet after any spins or other manoeuvres - but she still was great, that dance suited her down to the ground.

Ah maybe it was the lighting ! I remember thinking Oh no not black shoes they will look awful ! Then she danced in silver ones

Yes multiple votes in my experience if they want somebody to win.
    Last year with Aidan he had politicians, local radio, Mention by a Kerry man on TV, etc all basically aimed at kerry people and this really helped him. Denise/Aoibhin hadn't this in my experience.

Kerry has 3% of the republic's population. 147,500 out of 4.77 million. Aoibhin Garrihy played the Clare connection very well. Denise and Aoibhin were actresses on nationwide soaps and had a higher profile nationally.

Does mention by a Kerryman on tv swing neutral voters with their own mind? If you're referring to multiple votes as the Healy Raes during Celebrities in the Wild in 2007 it's unfair to taint all rural dwellers with the one brush.

Basically you can argue any way you want i find with these things.

I think AOM played a nice modest card and won more votes nationally.

etar wrote: »
    the professional dancers are amazing

Giulia and Emily were so stunning tonight, I hardly looked at their celeb partners! :pac::pac:

Ryaner179 wrote: »
    The joke act gets kept in a lot on these shows but I hope Bernard becomes the joke act people want to keep instead of Marty, Bernard is actually improving and Valeria looks like she is actually enjoying herself which is the opposite of Ksenia

Ksenia can barely hide her reluctance to be dancing with Marty. I'd say he is
    a right pain during rehearsals, as he tends to be during the interviews. :(

saffron22 wrote: »
    I had to rewind it 3 times to check he hadn't cursed

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Cerdito wrote: »
    Julian: "<relevant character/celebrity>, eat your heart out!"

“Marty McFly, eat your heart out!” and the audience whoops and cheers... How is that a compliment?!

Anyone else who watches this also following Dancing on Ice?

The difference in the judging and comments is incredible - it's hard to believe they're on the same planet, never mind similar reality/celebrity shows.

None of the gratuitous "that was IN-CRED-IBLE"s followed by a bit of insipid vague criticism.

Proper constructive, targetted criticism, and they remember what they've advised from week to week and pick the celebs up on it!

I think I may have to defect altogether - DWTS is just not doing it for me this time round (I may be bluffing myself here :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,739 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Off the scale ridiculous!

She gets higher marks for much less work. The first week she was far from the best but got a ridiculous score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Ksenia can barely hide her reluctance to be dancing with Marty. I'd say he is
    a right pain during rehearsals, as he tends to be during the interviews. :(

i would think its quite the opposite. i would think its been massive publicity for her and it will continue to grow.

Advertisement