Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,513 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Well that was a very enjoyable evening. Loved every minute of it and am watching it back now on TV.
    First thing that struck me is how much bigger the floor and studio look on TV. The whole set is TINY!
    They serve tea and coffee and you can get sandwiches there but the first thing that strikes you is the heat, even in the holding area. It's absolutely roasting there. Coffee is not a good idea!
    We were brought in to our seats about an hour before it started and the producer set a few ground rules - please clap, go to the loo now, no mobile phones etc. They then did a few takes filming the pro dance and everyone legged to the loo before 6.30.
    Once the main show started, it was interesting to watch the props being brought out, the dancers lining up etc. Shaunagh (12th pro) played Emily's "legs" for the Beetlejuice dance.
    I know people say Amanda is wooden but she's actually much more natural when not reading the teleprinter. During the breaks, the judges stood up and would chat and joke with the audience.
    Disappointed to see Tomas go. Marty's dance actually looks worse on TV than it did in the flesh. The great thing about being there is you can watch all the steps and in the case of Marty and Erin, I could just watch Ksenia and Ryan. I also got to watch them for the pro dance - such amazing dancers.
    Got to have a quick chat with Brian and Julian afterwards, as well as Giulia, Anna and John. Anna is such a lovely person and I had to compliment John on the choreography for what was my favourite dance of the night.
    Great fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,376 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

How did you get tickets? Was there a lottery or something? I'd love to go some night!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,739 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Heroditas wrote: »
    Well that was a very enjoyable evening. Loved every minute of it and am watching it back now on TV.
    First thing that struck me is how much bigger the floor and studio look on TV. The whole set is TINY!
    They serve tea and coffee and you can get sandwiches there but the first thing that strikes you is the heat, even in the holding area. It's absolutely roasting there. Coffee is not a good idea!
    We were brought in to our seats about an hour before it started and the producer set a few ground rules - please clap, go to the loo now, no mobile phones etc. They then did a few takes filming the pro dance and everyone legged to the loo before 6.30.
    Once the main show started, it was interesting to watch the props being brought out, the dancers lining up etc. Shaunagh (12th pro) played Emily's "legs" for the Beetlejuice dance.
    I know people say Amanda is wooden but she's actually much more natural when not reading the teleprinter. During the breaks, the judges stood up and would chat and joke with the audience.
    Disappointed to see Tomas go. Marty's dance actually looks worse on TV than it did in the flesh. The great thing about being there is you can watch all the steps and in the case of Marty and Erin, I could just watch Ksenia and Ryan. I also got to watch them for the pro dance - such amazing dancers.
    Got to have a quick chat with Brian and Julian afterwards, as well as Giulia, Anna and John. Anna is such a lovely person and I had to compliment John on the choreography for what was my favourite dance of the night.

How did you get tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think they were applications for tickets back in September/October but it closed before I even heard of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,739 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I think they were applications for tickets back in September/October but it closed before I even heard of them.

Damn. Be a great night out.

• Advertisement

I got them through a friend but we bumped into two other people we know who applied through the lottery a few months ago.

I got them through a friend but we bumped into two other people we know who applied through the lottery a few months ago.

I think over 5000 applied. They closed applications very fast. I think they were surprised at the amount of people who applied!
    How many people are in the audience?

I think over 5000 applied. They closed applications very fast. I think they were surprised at the amount of people who applied!
    How many people are in the audience?

Just shy of 300 I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭lucozader

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Ksenia can barely hide her reluctance to be dancing with Marty. I'd say he is
    a right pain during rehearsals, as he tends to be during the interviews. :(

Marty has a living human female partner for 20 years. I hope the strictly curse doesn't happen for Marty. Hopefully he and Ksenia can resist each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Nice write up! One thing I'd like to know though, is there a producer or someone off camera that urges the audience to boo Brian Redmond when he says something negative or does the booing just start naturally?

• Advertisement

Nice write up! One thing I'd like to know though, is there a producer or someone off camera that urges the audience to boo Brian Redmond when he says something negative or does the booing just start naturally?

It all starts naturally!

Aoibhín Garrihy and her husband are on the Today show now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Aoibhín Garrihy and her husband are on the Today show now!

Thomas and Giulia on at 5.10pm same show.

happyday wrote: »
    Thomas and Giulia on at 5.10pm same show.

I think James Patrice ends up chatting about it as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Marty's sexual magnetism is frightening

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Marty's sexual magnetism is frightening

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭golfball37

Wonder will Brendan be asked over for season three? I see he’s been dropped from strictly by the bbc?

golfball37 wrote: »
    Wonder will Brendan be asked over for season three? I see he’s been dropped from strictly by the bbc?

I wonder how the pay would be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

I doubt it would even compare. No budget for live music sure

I'd be shocked if DWTS paid as much as Strictly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Ksenia can barely hide her reluctance to be dancing with Marty. I'd say he is
    a right pain during rehearsals, as he tends to be during the interviews. :(

She went down to Clare Friday night with him to his local GAA clubs social and was having great craic with him bit odd if she's burned of him

Jaysus, Amanda is channelling the Shroud of Turin tonight :eek:

My picture went nuts during the entirety of Anna's dance, don't know if it was my aerial or RTE's signal but I missed the whole dance. FFS!

Quite a "soft" paso from Anna.

I expect the judges to be in raptures thought.

My picture went nuts during the entirety of Anna's dance, don't know if it was my aerial or RTE's signal but I missed the whole dance. FFS!
    was ok on RTE via Sky.....

Oh Jesus, that phrase from Lorraine - took all of about 2 mins :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

God I can't stand Julian.

Does Julian have these OTT words of praise pre-planned before every show?

Does Julian have these OTT words of praise pre-planned before every show?
    They all sound like they're quoting from a script. Faux praise that's not even slightly believable (not saying it's not always deserved - just that it's coming whether it's merited or not)

Jaysus, that's some gut on Bernard!

• Advertisement

That song is much more suited to a quickstep IMO - kept expecting them to start hop-skip-jumping across the floor every time!

Very odd.

Advertisement