Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,747 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

exaisle wrote: »
    They'd use a pro whose star was sent home...all the pros are engaged for the entire series afaik.

Anyhow, there's an extra female pro dancer who only dances the pro dances...
    Be nice to give Shauna a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 29,376 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

So, does anyone who pays a bit more attention than me know what the ration of boys/girls left is?

(I've moved on to Dancing on Ice!)

You'd swear Maia was deserving 10's for every dance. Bizzare. Herself, Marty and Bernard are all behind the rest, Deidre and Erin are in the middle and the rest all ahead.

pjohnson wrote: »
    You'd swear Maia was deserving 10's for every dance. Bizzare. Herself, Marty and Bernard are all behind the rest, Deidre and Erin are in the middle and the rest all ahead.
    Maia was far from the best tonight, but I thought she was better than Rob and Anna anyway.

And she was FAR from the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Totally disgusted that Maia is gone....but the format of the show allows this, mixing a popularity contest with a talent contest.....I think the format should be changed, leave it to the judges only. Can you imagine how those good dancers feel who have already gone, knowing that the likes of Marty and Bernard are still there......

This is how reality TV works tough. If it was just a dancing show it would be very boring. They'd be no laugh/jokes/etc.
    The professionals do lots of shows which they win and this is just based on dancing and with this they know exactly what they getting themselves into when they enter shows like this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

His jokes can be hit and miss but he seems a cool down to earth person at the same time. I like his 'Eamon' character. Very relatable.

I am rooting for Marty. .Was going to throw a few votes his way. Something I haven't done in years . Am too mean:cool:

Glad Marty is still in

• Registered Users Posts: 9,513 ✭✭✭Heroditas

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Maia was far from the best tonight, but I thought she was better than Rob and Anna anyway.

And she was FAR from the worst.

She certainly wasn't. Her dance was poor.
    She was not better than Anna or Rob. Technically it was poor and stilted.
    Anyway, the weakest dancer is still in it so he must be picking up the votes.

Not sure about the pro dance. Bit too "contemporary" for my liking but the tango elements were very good.

Alannah and Anna to swap partners next week I reckon. Kai is the only male pro apart from Vitali who is strong enough to dance with Alannah although wouldn't it be hilarious to see her dance with Ryan? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Heroditas wrote: »
    She certainly wasn't. Her dance was poor.
    She was not better than Anna or Rob. Technically it was poor and stilted.
    Anyway, the weakest dancer is still in it so he must be picking up the votes.

Not sure about the pro dance. Bit too "contemporary" for my liking but the tango elements were very good.

Alannah and Anna to swap partners next week I reckon. Kai is the only male pro apart from Vitali who is strong enough to dance with Alannah although wouldn't it be hilarious to see her dance with Ryan? :D

Maia was certainly NOT better then Rob or Anna but was miles ahead of Bernard and Marty.

foxyladyxx wrote: »
    I am rooting for Marty. .Was going to throw a few votes his way. Something I haven't done in years . Am too mean:cool:

Glad Marty is still in

His bit of dancing there tonight will become 'gif' material i feel :D

foxyladyxx wrote: »
    Maia was certainly NOT better then Rob or Anna but was miles ahead of Bernard and Marty.

Yep definitely better than Marty but comparable to Brendan. She was literally dragged through her routine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Caprica

I was disappointed to see Maia go. I thought this was her best week but the judges marked her harshly. She definitely was improving every week. Marty is not a dancer but he is entertaining and likeable and I’d imagine is pulling in a lot of GAA votes, he will be round for a few more weeks. Deirdre was great last week but looks a bit uncomfortable in Latin. Really can’t warm to Erin and Ryan.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Ah.... Brian let something slip there..... what happens if there's an uneven number of boys and girls left for switchup week?? Does this influence who gets eliminated this week? Or do they have spare pros for exactly this scenario???

Would that affect anything? Surely they just swap between whoever is left so it just gives less choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Deirdre looking stunning! Some really harsh judging, there.

Deirdre can really dance. She was brilliant again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Alannah looked in pain and spaced out tonight . Well done to her for dancing

Alannah and Vitali are brilliant together - hope they win. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Why is there no dance off in the Irish version ? That might get rid of the poor dancers quicker ? Maïa wasnt the best there but she was streets ahead of Bernard and Marty. Some people might enjoy watching Marty I guess , I make a cuppa when he is on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Really think Marty had come on leaps and bounds

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Why is there no dance off in the Irish version ? That might get rid of the poor dancers quicker ? Maïa wasnt the best there but she was streets ahead of Bernard and Marty. Some people might enjoy watching Marty I guess , I make a cuppa when he is on

It's just the format they choose to run and they leave it up to the public for the first few weeks. before introducing the dance off. Strictly doesn't do switch up week to the best of my knowledge either.
    People also need to remember the public can often mess up and have a few good people in the bottom. Remember the fights online when Aston and Mollie and it was all the judges fault for him going home.

They're bringing in the dance-off in another few weeks.

Would that affect anything? Surely they just swap between whoever is left so it just gives less choice?

Just started typing my reply (including a caveat that I haven't had any coffee yet) - and as I typed the light began to dawn. Ohhhhhhh.......

Duh :o

As you were.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭raspberrypi67

Yeah, I think Marty is doing great, though I think he should take over Nicky Burns position of hosting it...

liam7831 wrote: »
    Really think Marty had come on leaps and bounds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

The switch ups for Sunday are:
    Deirdre and Vitali
    Marty and Emily
    Allanah and Kai
    Rob and Ksenia
    Anna and Ryan
    Erin and John
    Bernard and Karen
    Jake and Valeria

Allanah and Kai might not be pretty, primarily because she's so tall. It's going to look awkward if she's constantly bending her knees or stooping during their routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Don't get the point of the partner swap.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I like it: you see a different side to the pro and whether or not the celeb improves with another partner.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Heroditas wrote: »
    Allanah and Kai might not be pretty, primarily because she's so tall. It's going to look awkward if she's constantly bending her knees or stooping during their routine.

Would Kai not be the next tallest male with Curtis not available? Ryans tiny and John seems shorter than Kai.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Would Kai not be the next tallest male with Curtis not available? Ryans tiny and John seems shorter than Kai.

Oh he's definitely the next tallest but the problem is that Alannah is just so tall that it's going to be difficult for it to work.
    You could see the stark difference in height on CSD. She's going to look really awkward.

Alannah matches her own partner in height wearing low heels as it is!

It'll be interesting to see how she/Kai handles the inevitable height difference this week.....

Who's watching?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

I'm here!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I am ! Feels odd with the switched partners !

Advertisement