Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,513 ✭✭✭Heroditas

At what point does it switch back and people get kicked out due to the public vote?

Based on last year, the dance-off continues through to the semis. After that, the final is decided by just the public vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭georgina toadbum

I can't see Erin winning after her coming in the bottom two last night. She's a great dancer but I don't think she comes across as very likeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I can't see Erin winning after her coming in the bottom two last night. She's a great dancer but I don't think she comes across as very likeable.

And Ryan is not helping either

• Registered Users Posts: 23,747 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Judges will keep her in as long as they possibly can anyway. She gets easy marks from them.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Judges will keep her in as long as they possibly can anyway.

Why do you say that?

• Advertisement

Heroditas wrote: »
    Why do you say that?

Didnt think she deserved those marks last night. Also I think the first week she got top of the leaderboard for very little and her tellytubby routine got very handy marks aswell.

Didnt think she deserved those marks last night. Also I think the first week she got top of the leaderboard for very little and her tellytubby routine got very handy marks aswell.

I think it was very good but don't think it deserves a 10. That's Julian for you though.
    Agreed regarding the tellytubby routine!
    I think she's appropriately placed in the leaderboard as "best of the rest".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I haven't really understood the Ryan hate on here before but he comes across as a right dick on that bit of VT.

DeepBlue wrote: »
    I haven't really understood the Ryan hate on here before but he comes across as a right dick on that bit of VT.

Also can anyone spot who isnt smiling when Anna got 30?

442177.png

Judges will keep her in as long as they possibly can anyway. She gets easy marks from them.

Yeh they always seem to mark her very high. I presume it's because RTE wants to keep her in the competition as long as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭SeanJ09

Think everyone is being a bit harsh on Ryan tbh, he just strikes me as confident. I doubt he was too bothered by Anna's 10 either, wasn't he insisting she was getting under marked the previous show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

I know Vitali is the favourite here, but Kai is my guilty pleasure :o. He seems like such a nice guy - I actually think him and Anna would make a lovely couple!

Kai does come across as a lovely guy. Love his accent!

Ryan looks sour that she got thirty!

Haha! The judges must have listened to him when he said last week that they were not marking Anna high enough!! :D Her dancing was brilliant, but I think her legs are quite chunky. :( Absolutely loved Aoibhín doing the Charleston last year. :)

Rfrip wrote: »
    To be honest I thought that with who her brother is that Erin would be top of the public vote

I imagine people who watch DWTS would not have much time for MMA - well, vice versa, really!

Aoibheann spent a lot of time in Clare as a kid and then married a Clare man and lives there so she may just feel more connected to there.

She made a big deal of 'being from Clare' during DWTS, but, since then, has been making it clear that she is a Dublin girl, with parents from Clare. Guess she was aiming at the Clare votes as they were a few acts from Dublin last year, IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

brooke 2 wrote: »
    She made a big deal of 'being from Clare' during DWTS, but, since then, has been making it clear that she is a Dublin girl, with parents from Clare. Guess she was aiming at the Clare votes as they were a few acts from Dublin last year, IIRC.

So, I didn't dream her say all this!

I have heard her doing a few interviews and all she does is talk about her love of Dublin and being a city girl!

Have seen/heard those interviews too - but only since DWTS was over! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Haha! The judges must have listened to him when he said last week that they were not marking Anna high enough!! :D Her dancing was brilliant, but I think her legs are quite chunky. :( Absolutely loved Aoibhín doing the Charleston last year. :)

What a ridiculous comment. She's an athlete! They're her legs, What's she supposed to do with them?

Edit: This is more geared towards the emoji, That's your opinion as irrelevant as it is.

joecass123 wrote: »
    What a ridiculous comment. She's an athlete! They're her legs, What's she supposed to do with them?

Edit: This is more geared towards the emoji, That's your opinion as irrelevant as it is.

Re my 'irrelevant' opinion, I am as free to make it as you are to get mad at my emoji. :rolleyes:

Anna is a beautiful girl, with a radiant smile. She danced the Charleston brilliantly. She herself mentioned that the muscles which she developed in her legs during her sporting years helped her to move so quickly during the dance. But they do look chunky. (Ducks head!) Nobody's perfect!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,898 ✭✭✭Rfrip

SeanJ09 wrote: »
    Think everyone is being a bit harsh on Ryan tbh, he just strikes me as confident. I doubt he was too bothered by Anna's 10 either, wasn't he insisting she was getting under marked the previous show.

I think he comes across badly at times cos of the act he puts on while dancing. I remember him being really sweet to Teresa mannion last year in the switch up and same to Bernard after the dance off

• Advertisement

Re my 'irrelevant' opinion, I am as free to make it as you are to get mad at my emoji. :rolleyes:

Anna is a beautiful girl, with a radiant smile. She danced the Charleston brilliantly. She herself mentioned that the muscles which she developed in her legs during her sporting years helped her to move so quickly during the dance. But they do look chunky. (Ducks head!) Nobody's perfect!!

So what if her legs look chunky to you? I think she looks great but that has no bearing on her ability as a dancer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Eh.......am I missing part of this video????

How in God's name does he come across as "a right dick".

I know next to nothing about him but I am baffled as to what he has said done in this video to be called a "right dick" 😂😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 755 ✭✭✭NAGDEFI

Eh.......am I missing part of this video????

I know next to nothing about him but I am baffled as to what he has said done in this video to be called a "right dick" ����

Yes i think he's being unfairly treated on here. He gave a big clap and whistle when Anna got her 3 10s. Then he went into his usual serious mode while a lot of other contestants were faking smiles etc. A lot of the pics put up are just timing really of those few moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Some people like Ryan and others don't.
    He's the only pro that people seem to dis like tough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 755 ✭✭✭NAGDEFI

Some people like Ryan and others don't.
    He's the only pro that people seem to dis like tough.

Probably not the most likeable but maybe more real..if that makes sense?

If you don't get it then I'd be wasting my time explaining it to you.

You're entitled to your opinion........as am I.

I find him fine on the main program.

That song used on Allanah and Vitali's dance won't leave my head for the last few days.

Yes i think he's being unfairly treated on here. He gave a big clap and whistle when Anna got her 3 10s. Then he went into his usual serious mode while a lot of other contestants were faking smiles etc. A lot of the pics put up are just timing really of those few moments.

Completely agree. I was watching it again earlier and he slapped Kai on the back and looked stunned with the score.
    He's also best mates with Kai so I can't see there being any resentment.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Heroditas wrote: »
    Completely agree. I was watching it again earlier and he slapped Kai on the back and looked stunned with the score.
    He's also best mates with Kai so I can't see there being any resentment.

I have to agree too . I am not a Ryan fan and find him very self obsessed but could see nothing wrong with his reaction to Anna score

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

If you don't get it then I'd be wasting my time explaining it to you.

You're entitled to your opinion........as am I.

I find him fine on the main program.

That song used on Allanah and Vitali's dance won't leave my head for the last few days.

I am simply asking you how you came to such a strong disdain towards him based on the few words he muttered on that. I am sure you can construct some sort of short reasoning?

If anything he came across well. You can have your opinion but if you are going to call someone a "right d*ck" at least explain why!

• Advertisement

I am simply asking you how you came to such a strong disdain towards him based on the few words he muttered on that. I am sure you can construct some sort of short reasoning?

If anything he came across well. You can have your opinion but if you are going to call someone a "right d*ck" at least explain why!

Is it that important, really?

Ok then, his first comment prompting Ksenia as to where she came from comes across a bit like prompting someone stupid to remind them of their lines.
    His comment about 4 years in the relationship being four years too long seems passive aggressive and a tad demeaning.
    His rush to confirm "oh yeah, I'm tapping that, I'm such a macho stud" is a dick move.

Now all of the above you might wave aside if done in a social setting amongst people who know each other well. It might still be classless but you'd let it pass.
    When it's done on national TV where friends and families are watching it is totally unnecessary and the "douche factor" gets magnified.

Let the nit-picking commence.

To reiterate yet again - I don't find anything about him on the show objectionable. He's obviously very committed to his profession. And he's probably sound as a pound but on that VT he comes across as a dick in my opinion.

Advertisement