Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,752 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Threesome? :pac:

That smile he'd probably get away with it too the fecker.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

pjohnson wrote: »
    How long till the "GAA vote" that "won" it for Aidan turns to an "Olimpian" vote.

I like Rob

Aidan had the Kerry vote, Garda vote,GAA vote, even a bit of a Cork vote and some people liked him. He was great to go on Kerry radio,etc every week.
    I wasn't a bit surprised he won.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

How long till the "GAA vote" that "won" it for Aidan turns to an "Olimpian" vote.

I like Rob

He's the worst dancer though? And its the cork vote really or the country vote in these shows

Also wtf is this
    https://twitter.com/SimplySadlier/status/970397351838978053

No need for that people take shows like this too seriously

Ryaner179 wrote: »
    He's the worst dancer though? And its the cork vote really or the country vote in these shows

Also wtf is this

But it's a reality show and that's how these things work.
    If an awful criminal took part in the show and he was the best dancer ever. I doubt he'd win. The public only vote for people they like.

If they want things based just on dancing there's plenty of dancing competitions that already exist that the pro's already do.
    PS, I'm not excusing the Tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

Ryaner179 wrote: »

Also wtf is this

That twitter tweet is just plain ignorant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Caprica

Sad to see Alannah and Vitali go home, I really enjoyed their dancing. Didn’t realise he is married to Valeria with a child. I can’t warm to Erin and Ryan at all, they are clearly not popular with the public. I wouldn’t be surprised if Rob wins this, at this stage he is by far the worst dancer. The reaction of the second group when they got 10’s for their dance was brilliant

I’m really enjoying the show this year. Some of the pro numbers have been great, Darren and Lilia are doing a great job. Julian is great value as a judge, the outfits and comments are very entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I can’t see Rob winning. I love his determination and commitment but I’d prefer one of the others to win. Deirdre has really impressed me as the weeks have gone on and in these reality shows “the journey” can be very important. Sad to see Alannah (& Vitali go).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 755 ✭✭✭NAGDEFI

I can't see Rob win either despite a popular vote. He's not as good a dancer as Aidan was last year.

It's wide open though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

honeybear wrote: »
    I can’t see Rob winning. I love his determination and commitment but I’d prefer one of the others to win. Deirdre has really impressed me as the weeks have gone on and in these reality shows “the journey” can be very important. Sad to see Alannah (& Vitali go).

I'm definitely rooting for Deirdre. Whatever "journey" the judges seem to think 36 year old Erin has gone on, Deirdre's nearly 50 and is doing brilliantly. She's great fun and seems to be really enjoying it without going on about it. I'd kill for her legs too! She's probably not the best dancer but she's definitely up there.

I highly doubt Rob will win.

The judges will save Erin no matter what so I'd say its between Rob/Anna to end up against her and get knocked out. Jake and Deirdre are certain to make the final with Judges getting Erin into the final.

Really nothing much in it. 29, 27, 26 and 3 24's was the leaderboard. Surely the first time that 24 has been the bottom score? Very high standard this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭plastic glass

I'm definitely rooting for Deirdre. Whatever "journey" the judges seem to think 36 year old Erin has gone on, Deirdre's nearly 50 and is doing brilliantly. She's great fun and seems to be really enjoying it without going on about it. I'd kill for her legs too! She's probably not the best dancer but she's definitely up there.

Yeah journey me arse. She is an average dancer, not popular with the public but is being kept in the game by the judges. Yer man crying over that dance was to borrow a phrase “puke-tastic”.

Not sure why the judges love her. Is it reverse discrimination maybe?

Deirdre to win. A class act. Jake is a great dancer though. The judges don’t give him his dues though

Ryan's "thanks" to the public wont win them any floating voters.

Ryan's "thanks" to the public wont win them any floating voters.

Ryan really reminds me of a guy I went to school with!

Ryan really reminds me of a guy I went to school with!

Was he from Tyrone :pac:

Was he from Tyrone :pac:

No, Cork!

But it's a reality show and that's how these things work.
    If an awful criminal took part in the show and he was the best dancer ever. I doubt he'd win. The public only vote for people they like.

If they want things based just on dancing there's plenty of dancing competitions that already exist that the pro's already do.
    PS, I'm not excusing the Tweet.

Looking forward to Christy Kinahan on season 3... Or perhaps it will be a Hutch with a Kinahan firing shots from the crowd at his feet and shouting 'Dance boy Dance!'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

will miss Vitali. last year we got to see him up to the final. ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,513 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Not sure why the judges love her. Is it reverse discrimination maybe?

No it's because she, to be fair to her, has been improving each week and she has a fantastic choreographer/teacher/partner in Ryan.
    She's a bit too "gushy" in the interviews but I wouldn't hold that against her. Not my cup of tea but not the end of the world...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Caprica wrote: »
    Sad to see Alannah and Vitali go home, I really enjoyed their dancing. Didn’t realise he is married to Valeria with a child. I can’t warm to Erin and Ryan at all, they are clearly not popular with the public. I wouldn’t be surprised if Rob wins this, at this stage he is by far the worst dancer. The reaction of the second group when they got 10’s for their dance was brilliant

I’m really enjoying the show this year. Some of the pro numbers have been great, Darren and Lilia are doing a great job. Julian is great value as a judge, the outfits and comments are very entertaining.

You had me until your opinion of Julian.....terrible judge

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

I think Jake will win it. .The female teenage vote will win it for him.

• Advertisement

foxyladyxx wrote: »

Nathans older fans would also be great to vote for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

I really like Rob. Seems like a lovely genuine fella, I'd say he gives it his all in training and on the live shows, Emily is a great dancer too... but I really don't want him to win. It would make a mockery of the show if the poorest dancer wins again (he was even the poorest dancer out of the 6 celeb dancers tonight). So for me, at the moment, I'd be happy for anyone except Rob to win.

Hopefully the shock off Erin and Alannah in the bottom two tonight will have people voting for the best dancers next week when they see we're really starting to lose quality now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 755 ✭✭✭NAGDEFI

foxyladyxx wrote: »

I thought that for Dayl last year but didn't follow through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

NAGDEFI wrote: »
    I thought that for Dayl last year but didn't follow through.

Jake is a bit more likeable that Dayl was....he came across to me as very cocky.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

jluv wrote: »
    Second group winners!!

They were fantastic! Could not stop clapping them through that dance!! :pac::pac:

fire_man wrote: »
    Emily is stunning !Great pins.

Emily is the only reason I hope Rob stays in! :pac:

anna080 wrote: »
    Vitali better not go! I only watch this shiit for that fine piece of meat

:eek::eek:

Just imagine if one of the guys on here said that about any of the girls!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

brooke 2 wrote: »
    :eek::eek:

Just imagine if one of the guys on here said that about any of the girls!! :mad:

Don’t have to imagine just look at your comment above :eek:

Aineoil wrote: »
    Didn't think Rob would make it.

Rob and Anna first ones through. Cork people are obviously good supporters.
    Ridiculous that Rob has not been in a dance off yet.

• Advertisement

Aineoil wrote: »
    Both couples were hard done by. Rob should have been the one to go this week.

Absolutely!

But, looking on the bright side - we still have Emily! :)

Advertisement