Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

pjohnson wrote: »
    Valeria and Giulia did a fair bit in that routine.

Distracted from Erin herself imo.

Thought Erin was brilliant tonight. She danced fantastically well. Just loved her dress also. Stunning.

pjohnson wrote: »
    I liked Rob and Anna. Erin got overmarked makes it harder to place the leaderboard.

Erin deserved those marks - she was amazing tonight.

I met Emily during the week and spoke to her for a few minutes. She is even more beautiful in person, camera doesnt do her justice.

Above all else though, she is lovely person.. overall a 10!

So sorry to hear she is going to Strictly Dancing next year. She is an absolute joy to watch. :(

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Jeepers, Karen is some acrobat :eek:

That was fantastic!!! Hope they get Ryan's 3 x 10 for that!

They were stupendous!! :pac::pac::pac:

Visually, the absolute best tonight.

As Karen said, they thrun everything into it this week. Ballyer through and through! Delighted for her (and Jake). So enjoyable.

Thrilled for Karen that they got the three tens. She was such a good sport last year when she was paired with Des Cahill. She knew there was not a hope they would win but she 'thrun' her best at it every week. :)

• Advertisement

foxyladyxx wrote: »
    I think Deirdre has had to take a lot of criticism from the judges throughout the show. I do feel she has been undermarked but perhaps there is more to it because I am no expert.

She will go for sure. . Erin will be saved,

I did not like Deirdre's dance tonight at all. Hair and dress were also 'meh'.
    Pity as I think she is a very good dancer.

jluv wrote: »
    I'm really happy for Karen this series.I know someone has to partner the weaker dancer and she did that well last series but great to see her get to show what she can do.Love her personality..

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Of the remaining contestants I'd like to see Karen win.
    Not too bothered about Jake. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

jluv wrote: »
    I'm really happy for Karen this series.I know someone has to partner the weaker dancer and she did that well last series but great to see her get to show what she can do.Love her personality..

being paired with Des last year made her more famous than she would have been had she been paired with somebody lesser known, but more talented.

being paired with jake could damage her "brand"...something about him that i do not like at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,513 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Karen's a very good dancer but she'd easily be one of the weaker pros.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

brooke 2 wrote: »
    So sorry to hear she is going to Strictly Dancing next year. She is an absolute joy to watch. :(
    :eek::eek::(

Seriously though, I wish Emily every success and am sure that her fame will continue to grow. She is truly fantastic. Looks like I'll be glued to the Beeb next year.

I wonder will this give Shauna Finn a greater chance in the spotlight? She's been there from the start on the show and would surely be the most deserving to get partnered up with one of the stars in the next series.

If they're going to have Emily on Strictly, will they also have Chloe as a pro with a partner? She also deserves the opportunity to compete in Strictly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Heroditas wrote: »
    If they're going to have Emily on Strictly, will they also have Chloe as a pro with a partner? She also deserves the opportunity to compete in Strictly.

It would be a fair kick in the teeth if they brought in Emily without giving Chloe a shot too

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/tv/2309544/dancing-with-the-stars-deirdre-o-kane-sparks-sexism-row-as-she-claims-judges-give-shows-women-much-lower-scores/

Deirdre seems to think the judges didnt score her high enough .? I think Deirdre wasn't really all that good on Sunday last . She did seem to have the hump with them and not too sure it was really deserved .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/tv/2309544/dancing-with-the-stars-deirdre-o-kane-sparks-sexism-row-as-she-claims-judges-give-shows-women-much-lower-scores/

Deirdre seems to think the judges didnt score her high enough .? I think Deirdre wasn't really all that good on Sunday last . She did seem to have the hump with them and not too sure it was really deserved .
    DANCING With the Stars has become embroiled in a sexism row after Deirdre O’Kane accused the judges of favouring men.

There's four dancers left, three of whom are women with just one guy. Last year there were two women and one man in the final three.
    If the judges are favouring men then they are doing a really crap job of it. :pac:

This is just a case of paper not refusing ink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

But Anna and Erin regularly get 10's. Her complaint has no basis in reality at all.:confused:

She's easily the weakest dancer left in the competition, too. I'd say that will be what causes her to miss out on the final and not anything to do with sexism, ffs.

But Anna and Erin regularly get 10's. Her complaint has no basis in reality at all.:confused:

She's easily the weakest dancer left in the competition, too. I'd say that will be what causes her to miss out on the final and not anything to do with sexism, ffs.

Agreed . She seemed in a right auld mood too on Sunday night. She need to lighten up maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 755 ✭✭✭NAGDEFI

Would this be a little stunt on Deirdre's part to rally the 'sisterhood' and try and corner that vote?

NAGDEFI wrote: »
    Would this be a little stunt on Deirdre's part to rally the 'sisterhood' and try and corner that vote?

Quite possibly. I've heard rumours that she's become a right diva backstage in the last week or two as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Heroditas wrote: »
    NAGDEFI wrote: »

Quite possibly. I've heard rumours that she's become a right diva backstage in the last week or two as well.

I heard rumours she hasn't.

See. We can all play that game

• Advertisement

I heard rumours she hasn't.

See. We can all play that game

It's not a game I'm playing. I have zero interest in that. Merely stating what I was told by someone involved in the show.

Let's hope the snow doesn't disrupt the show tonight!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I might actually vote tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Autosport wrote: »
    I might actually vote tonight
    For who ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

For who ?

Deidre of course ;)

Deidre of course ;)

Even if she trips up !! ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

For who ?

Deidre of course ;)
    Yeah I think I will vote for her as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Who's watching?

Who's watching?

I am ! Looking forward to it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I am. But my hands are kinda full at the moment.

Advertisement