Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,589 ✭✭✭deisemum

Deirdre for the win though Anna will probably get the GAA vote behind her.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,600 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Ryaner179 wrote: »
    Jake is 100% a gone,public vote wont save him, so glad I made a bet last week he would go tonight

How much money did you loose?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Any chance the cult of GAA could have their phones blocked next week? Anna should be gone by now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

The dance off assassin has been assassinated.
    I still think it should have been Deirdre going tonight. No way was she better than either of the couples in the dance off. All done by use of media in campaigning not dancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Haha lady screwed up her voice over during the end credits

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 755 ✭✭✭NAGDEFI

Julian's wardrobe... Has he any 'ordinary' clothes:D

I like him though, he seems a very good natured person.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Jake is 100% a gone,public vote wont save him, so glad I made a bet last week he would go tonight

Hope you didn't lose too much:p
    But I totally agree with you on Deirdre. Her "strop" won her some sympathy tonight. Now hats of to all of them for the performances they put in but she doesn't deserve to be in the final..

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

How much money did you loose?

€45 :(
    Although I am happy Jake is through he and Erin were matched on dancing skill she was better in the dance off but it was her 4th time

Deirdre will milk the "its my 50th birthday " next week though :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Although I am happy Jake is through he and Erin were matched on dancing skill she was better in the dance off but it was her 4th time

And why wouldn't she!

I think celebrating such a landmark of a 50th birthday doing what she is doing at the moment is far more credible than betting almost 50 quid on Nathan Carter's brother being eliminated !!

Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

Previous weeks have or shouldn't have anything to do with it.

Well clearly they did because Stevie Wonder could see that Erin was better then him tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Haha lady screwed up her voice over during the end credits

A nightmare

Also what was with Ryan specifically thanking only the pro dancers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

CFlat wrote: »
    Well clearly it did because Stevie Wonder could see that Erin was better then him tonight.

But it shouldn't. It is the same with any of these "dance/sing offs" in competitions anyway. 90% of the time the result of the voting is inevitable, despite the performances so it was expected Jake would go through.

Which is why I was pleasantly surprised to see Brian not following the script and backing his earlier comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

It is nice the 3 different pros got to the final compared to last year so we get to see 3 different show dances, that is one good thing about the result

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Hopefully it won't sway things in her direction but fear it might..it would be very unfair to the others.
    However..what a way to celebrate your 50th! And she looks fab..

It is nice the 3 different pros got to the final compared to last year so we get to see 3 different show dances, that is one good thing about the result

I'd say we will see Anna & Jake bring back their Charlestons that got 30, John's classic ballroom with Deidre was amazing a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Karen is very good in hiding Jake. Does fk all in first dance so only really has to learn dance two. That didn’t go well so dance off is this dancing like a statue. Where Erin does a dance. For that reason he should go

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Free advertising for Riverdance there.

Holy God, the absolute state of Julian :eek::eek::eek:

riverdance is another level to DWS, incredible show.

surprised there isnt an Irish dancing version of DWS, it would be serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 quantumcat

riverdance is another level to DWS, incredible show.

surprised there isnt an Irish dancing version of DWS, it would be serious.

I think there was a few years ago- "Celebrity Jigs and Reels" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Dance off could easily have gone either way. Thought Erin edged it but she's just not getting the votes.
    Anna's to lose at this stage.
    Still, we're in for a treat of a final. The finalists are better than last year's in my opinion. Aidan last year <shudder>
    Thought the pro dance was very interesting and had a wow factor. Not sure if you'd have got the full benefit if you were in the studio audience. Definitely up there as one of the best this series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    OK, so we're playing the "she's sick" card tonight, are we?

I still maintain that Deirdre must have been sick last week, but we didn't hear about that. (I admit I could be miles wide of the mark with that but that's what I think!)

Deirdre would need a good reason to have reacted like she did last week. She was like a spoilt child. I had liked her up until then - was hoping she would make it to the final, if not to win it, as I think she is a brilliant dancer - so light on her feet. Now, I am 'meh' about her. Don't really care how she does. Anna or Jake to win anyway, I'd say.

The state of Lorraine and Julian lol.

Never saw either of them look as bad as they do tonight. Loraine looks like she is wearing a velvet curtain! Julian's feathers!! :eek::D

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Never saw either of them look as bad as they do tonight. Loraine looks like she is wearing a velvet curtain! Julian's feathers!! :eek::D

That's really not fair and bang out of order.

You'd never see a velvet curtain as horrible as that

deisemum wrote: »
    Erin's a very good dancer.

I've grown to like Erin quite a bit. She has been very gracious and sportsmanlike when she has had to do the dance offs, even though she did not deserve to have been in them. Much better than Ryan, who sometimes looked like he was chewing wasps!!

I wonder if they feel they can't criticise much because of the Dolores tribute aspect, though I do get the impression Lorraine doesn't like Deirdre very much!

The judges seem to mingle with the dancers during the week. I daresay Deirdre does not pretend to like Loraine after her various remarks about her dancing. She seems to work very hard and does not take criticism well.

brooke 2 wrote: »
    The judges seem to mingle with the dancers during the week.

They don't really. Not unless there's some PR or media events.
    The judges would see a video or two of the rehearsals and training and then see the dance in full for the first time at the dress rehearsal.
    The judges have their own day jobs that still continue during the week.

Autosport wrote: »
    Loved Deidre’s and Johns dance, have a soft spot for contemporary dance and John is looking rather tasty tonight ;)

John's eyeliner suited him! :pac:

Not too sure about the dance. They obviously put their all into it, there were some brilliant moves, but, as a totality, I was not blown away by it, as I was by Anna and Kai's 'Frozen'.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Anna can dance . Not entirely sure why I can't warm to her dancing

Anna looks stunning tonight. :)

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I didn't think that was a great rumba from Jake , Karen was fab

Not Jake's best performance, I thought.

• Advertisement

She oozes sex appeal. Something very naughty about her.

Brian certainly likes her! Don't think I have heard any of the judges complimenting the professionals as Brian did Karen tonight. He credited Jake for the fact that his eyes 'were drawn' to Karen a lot during the dance. Had nothing to do with the costume she was wearing, haha!! :D

Advertisement