Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

NAGDEFI wrote: »
    I'd say Deirdre would eat you without salt.. Different side to her the last 2 episodes and midweek.

Have really gone off her. All the dancers work hard, I'm sure, and must find it difficult when they are not marked as highly as they imagine they might be. They seem to take it in their stride, but Deirdre is too inclined to sulk. :(

deisemum wrote: »
    Yeah, the control in that lift was impressive.

Loved that Erin and Ryan dance! :pac:

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    All Lorraine's love is for Erin. What's that about? Giving me the creeps at this stage.

Have to say, I loved that dance. I like Erin but Ryan is a pain. Was not too impressed by his comment: 'We're still here and we're still fighting for the final', as he pointed aggressively at the judges - before they gave their marks!! :mad:

Deirdre's legs! LAWD.

She looks fantastic! :)

Fifty next Sunday!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Have really gone off her. All the dancers work hard, I'm sure, and must find it difficult when they are not marked as highly as they imagine they might be. They seem to take it in their stride, but Deirdre is too inclined to sulk. :(

I gave her the benefit of the doubt last week as I had liked her up to then but she had "that" face on her from the start tonight and I'm gone right off her now tbh.On the flip side I didn't like Erin until last week and felt she was very gracious when she got voted off tonight and definitely danced way better than Deirdre,she should be in the final imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭golfball37

Brian certainly likes her! Don't think I have heard any of the judges complimenting the professionals as Brian did Karen tonight. He credited Jake for the fact that his eyes 'were drawn' to Karen a lot during the dance. Had nothing to do with the costume she was wearing, haha!! :D
    He still voted her out all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Anna can dance . Not entirely sure why I can't warm to her dancing

Anna looks stunning tonight. :)
    She always does , herself and Karen have fantastic figures from healthy living . Great role models for young girls.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Well now if Jake doesn't get a 30 for that, I'll eat my hat!

That was fantastic.

And Karen looks even more amazing this dance.

Jake certainly made up for his last dance with this one!!

That was absolutely fantabulous!! Could not stop clapping at them all the way through. Karen looking amazing, as usual! :):)

Ryaner179 wrote: »
    Jake is 100% a gone,public vote wont save him, so glad I made a bet last week he would go tonight

:eek::eek:

duridian wrote: »
    I'm getting a hybrid of Black Sails and Gangs of New York sort of vibe from this.

Love it! :)

• Advertisement

Julian is lucky the shooting season is over..he'd get shot down the country..

:D

Autosport wrote: »
    Poor Erin, she danced her socks off

Sorry to see Erin go. Won't miss Ryan, though.

Heroditas wrote: »
    That's really not fair and bang out of order.

You'd never see a velvet curtain as horrible as that

Haha!

They did not look too bad in the head and shoulders shots. But, that entrance was just awful. :eek:

They don't really. Not unless there's some PR or media events.
    The judges would see a video or two of the rehearsals and training and then see the dance in full for the first time at the dress rehearsal.
    The judges have their own day jobs that still continue during the week.

My mistake.

Thought I saw them in 'Can't Stop Dancing' a few times. Perhaps they were just popping in for that programme.

They don't really. Not unless there's some PR or media events.
    The judges would see a video or two of the rehearsals and training and then see the dance in full for the first time at the dress rehearsal.
    The judges have their own day jobs that still continue during the week.

My mistake.

Thought I saw them in 'Can't Stop Dancing' a few times. Obviously they were just in for the dress rehearsals.

golfball37 wrote: »
    He still voted her out all the same.

Call me cynical, but, as it was so tight tonight, the judges may have planned to do something like that - leave the pair voted out with the solace that it came down to the last judge. I think it was only fair that Erin/Ryan received a vote - actually on tonight's performance only, they should have won.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Call me cynical, but, as it was so tight tonight, the judges may have planned to do something like that - leave the pair voted out with the solace that it came down to the last judge. I think it was only fair that Erin/Ryan received a vote - actually on tonight's performance only, they should have won.

I also think that maybe they didn't want an all female final , then Erin in my opinion was better than Jake in the dance off .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

So no one else spotted that weird step Ryan did in the dance off

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

My mistake.

Thought I saw them in 'Can't Stop Dancing' a few times. Obviously they were just in for the dress rehearsals.

Yep, that would be it alright.
    I still think it's hilarious that they film Can't Stop Dancing directly after the live Sunday show and constantly refer to "last week".

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

It's no madder than filming all of Strictly on Saturday night and then pretending the second show is on Sunday.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I find it strange in the dance off when the judges go "based on tonight's dance and tonight's dance only....."
    Surely they should be saving the best overall dancer and not just basing it on the one night's performance?

The final is "judged" on the public vote iirc so I guess it's between Anna and Deirdre.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

DeepBlue wrote: »
    I find it strange in the dance off when the judges go "based on tonight's dance and tonight's dance only....."
    Surely they should be saving the best overall dancer and not just basing it on the one night's performance?

The final is "judged" on the public vote iirc so I guess it's between Anna and Deirdre.

Well if they based it on overall performance they wouldn't need a dance off at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

DeepBlue wrote: »

The whole concept of the "dance/sing off" is (well should be - often isn't) is based on the merits of the respective dances in the dance off

Otherwise why would they bother doing it??

It is pretty clear that only Brian abided by those "rules" though as Erin most definitely performed better last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 755 ✭✭✭NAGDEFI

Deirdre would need a good reason to have reacted like she did last week. She was like a spoilt child. I had liked her up until then - was hoping she would make it to the final, if not to win it, as I think she is a brilliant dancer - so light on her feet. Now, I am 'meh' about her. Don't really care how she does. Anna or Jake to win anyway, I'd say.

Very true.

Des Cahill was (in a much milder form) like Deirdre and some others in that they get frustrated with remarks and results and the constant refrain is 'we worked so hard'. Working hard is irrelevant.

I could cycle 6 hours a day for 3 years but i still won't win the Tour de France. The celebs are getting serious tv exposure for their 'hard work'.

Sorry to see Erin go. She proved to be a very gracious loser with a far from 'win at all costs mentality' throughout the show. And i liked her bit of gaeilge and name:)

Deirdre's 'Zombie' interpretation was a bit like herself. Sharp and intimidating. She seemed to think she could scowl and bully her way into the final.

Commendable and all as her dancing is for a 50 year old (did i mention 50?!) and her good looks and stunning pegs, she's someone i would not like to work with. There isn't one other celeb i could say that about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Sorry to see Erin go. She proved to be a very gracious loser with a far from 'win at all costs mentality' throughout the show. And i liked her bit of gaeilge and name:)

Deirdre's 'Zombie' interpretation was a bit like herself. Sharp and intimidating. She seemed to thing she could scowl and bully her way into the final.

Commendable and all as her dancing is for a 50 year old (did i mention 50?!) and her good looks and stunning pegs, she's someone i would not like to be a work with. There isn't one other celeb i could say that about.

Based on what? Just interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Heard her on RTE1 one this morning and she really wants to keep dancing. They were on about some competition in Blackpool.

Based on what? Just interested?

I find her a little angry TTB. Sulky. I thought the whole 'women are marked lower' complete crap. Any analysis of the last 2 years with Dessie, Marty and Bernard O'Shea was going to destroy that argument. Sharp lady, i don't like the vibe she gives.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,600 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Anybody who's complained about the length of Dancing With The Stars should really watch Ireland's Got Talent!

• Advertisement

Very true.

Des Cahill was (in a much milder form) like Deirdre and some others in that they get frustrated with remarks and results and the constant refrain is 'we worked so hard'. Working hard is irrelevant.

I could cycle 6 hours a day for 3 years but i still won't win the Tour de France. The celebs are getting serious tv exposure for their 'hard work'.

Deirdre makes no secret now that she is desperate to win. I'd say she has all her ducks in a row as far as her voting support goes. I would also say that every contact she has, has been mined for votes. Somebody on here remarked earlier that most people on Twitter last night were for Deirdre. I've been saying all along that she is a very good dancer and I had been hoping she would be in the final or even win. But, now, the only person for whom I'd be happy if she did win would be John! She has revealed a distinctly unpleasant side to her personality. Erin, in contrast, has shown herself to be very gracious, even though she had to be in so many dance-offs. Ryan was the sore loser in that partnership. Just imagine if Deirdre and Ryan had been partnered with each other - there would be sparks flying off he judges from the pair of them!! :D

Advertisement