Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,157 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Two sofas and everyone trying to fit on one, geez awkward

• Registered Users Posts: 36,157 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Guy in tracksuit and shiny black shows looked like a guy in off the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Two sofas and everyone trying to fit on one, geez awkward

Think you are on the wrong thread.............................geez awkward!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

NAGDEFI wrote: »
    Sorry to see Erin go. She proved to be a very gracious loser with a far from 'win at all costs mentality' throughout the show. And i liked her bit of gaeilge and name:)

Deirdre's 'Zombie' interpretation was a bit like herself. Sharp and intimidating. She seemed to thing she could scowl and bully her way into the final.

Commendable and all as her dancing is for a 50 year old (did i mention 50?!) and her good looks and stunning pegs, she's someone i would not like to be a work with. There isn't one other celeb i could say that about.

Kind of ironic that Erin was voted off on St. Patrick's weekend! :(

Love your comments re Deirdre - they are so accurate!! :)

Originally, I had been thinking that John must have been in heaven this year with such a good dancing partner as Deirdre, but I somehow have the feeling that at this stage he would give anything to be dancing with Teresa again! (I know! I know! Teresa would never have made it this far!!) But, she always came across as a lovely person. As I've already said, if Deirdre wins, I'll be delighted for John!

pjohnson wrote: »
    Also what was with Ryan specifically thanking only the pro dancers?

Because he sees them as an extension of himself. It was his way of drawing attention to the wonderful job he did with Erin. As usual with Ryan, it was about Ryan.

That would be my take on it anyway. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

The cat claws are really out on this thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 755 ✭✭✭NAGDEFI

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Deirdre makes no secret now that she is desperate to win. I'd say she has all her ducks in a row as far as her voting support goes. I would also say that every contact she has, has been mined for votes. Somebody on here remarked earlier that most people on Twitter last night were for Deirdre. I've been saying all along that she is a very good dancer and I had been hoping she would be in the final or even win. But, now, the only person for whom I'd be happy if she did win would be John! She has revealed a distinctly unpleasant side to her personality. Erin, in contrast, has shown herself to be very gracious, even though she had to be in so many dance-offs. Ryan was the sore loser in that partnership. Just imagine if Deirdre and Ryan had been partnered with each other - there would be sparks flying off he judges from the pair of them!! :D

Yes. If Deirdre had been in 4 dance offs we'd never hear the end of it. One of the greatest travesties in the history of reality tv:D

Erin never deserved to be in one but as you say Brooke, never complained and just got on with it. And i'd imagine securing the lowest public vote is a lot tougher to take than a judges comment or rating. Especially multiple occasions when you're in the bottom two.

I hope Erin realises it's just others had their voting groups, rather than any individual unpopularity on her part. Conor may have proved a drawback too. Dublin contestants often fare poorly in such shows. Aoibheann Garrihy tried very hard to play up her Clare connections to maximise her vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 755 ✭✭✭NAGDEFI

The cat claws are really out on this thread!

Meooow! We're reacting to what we see and we all perceive differently. Personal opinions at the end of the day.

Deirdre is not quite Blathnaid Ní Coughdrop... yet;)

NAGDEFI wrote: »
    Yes. If Deirdre had been in 4 dance offs we'd never hear the end of it. One of the greatest travesties in the history of reality tv:D

Erin never deserved to be in one but as you say Brooke, never complained and just got on with it. And i'd imagine securing the lowest public vote is a lot tougher to take than a judges comment or rating. Especially multiple occasions when you're in the bottom two.

I hope Erin realises it's just others had their voting groups, rather than any individual unpopularity on her part. Conor may have proved a drawback too. Dublin contestants often fare poorly in such shows. Aoibheann Garrihy tried very hard to play up her Clare connections to maximise her vote.

I kind of hope Erin reads this thread and sees how many people have grown to like her since the start of DWTS when a lot of knives seemed to have been drawn for her. She has displayed true grit. She did not deserve to be in so many of the dance-offs and was definitely better than Jake last night. I can say that I loved most of her dances, apart from that awful one where she was dressed as a banana! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭georgina toadbum

I think Erin was a better dancer but the public just really don't want to vote for her. I'm not surprised to see Jake in the bottom two either since I'm not sure he has a fanbase here.

I can see Deidre winning by the amount of support she has going for her on twitter. But whether those people actually pay to vote for her is another question.

I much preferred last years season TBH. At least Aidan was a good dancer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

At least Aidan was a good dancer.

Good God, he certainly wasn't.
    Des Bishop, Katherine, Dayl, Denise and Aoibhin were all better than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Deidre has been foul mooded the last two weeks. Talentwise its between Jake & Anna.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

So who's going to win? I'm Team Jake :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

martyoo wrote: »
    So who's going to win? I'm Team Jake :)
    Team anna.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Anna for me , Jake is great at Latin but his ballroom is clumpy and Deirdre put me off with her strop .

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

I thought that Deirdre was marked slightly lower than she deserved throughout the competition tbh ..having said that Erin was so gracious in defeat and must have been hurt by the lack of public support which saw her in the bottom two each week though she was near the top in most if not all of the top of the leader boards.

Deirdre was the weakest dancer though in truth . Erin deserved to be in the final ..Sad to see her go

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I want Jake to win but only because of Karen!
    Cannot stand Anna!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭golfball37

Just watched the repeat last night and surprised nobody menationed Kai slapping Anna’s behind more that once during the evening. I noticed it when they went up the stairs on Sunday but thought I imagined it but watched again last night and it was a couple of times.
    In current environment he’s a brave lad. I found it strangely inappropriate anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,600 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Who's watching?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,376 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Watching what???

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Watching what???

Wrong thread sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,376 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Wrong thread sorry!
    Easy done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

Dances and Songs confirmed for the final

Anna & Kai- Tango-"Rebel Rebel" — David Bowie
    Charleston-"Bang Bang" — will.i.am
    Showdance- This Is Me" — Keala Settle

Deirdre & John- Charleston-"Sparkling Diamonds" — Nicole Kidman
    Quickstep-"Peppy and George"—Ernst Van Tiel & the Brussels Philharmonic
    Showdance -Let Me Entertain You" — Robbie Williams

Jake & Karen- Contemporary Ballroom -Sign of the Times" — Harry Styles
    Jive- Rock Around the Clock (Swing Cats Remix)" — Bill Haley & His Comets
    Showdance-Mad World" — Hardwell feat. Jake Reese

Also Picture This are performing as well as a group dance with all eliminated celebrities

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Suprised Jake didn't redo the Charleston

Julian is on The Late Late tonight!

Julian is on The Late Late tonight!

So he is. .what do you bet he breaks down and becomes all emotional? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

foxyladyxx wrote: »
    So he is. .what do you bet he breaks down and becomes all emotional? :rolleyes:

Calm down

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Yes he certainly won me over. .It was not what I was expecting at all . What a lovely man he is .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

foxyladyxx wrote: »
    Yes he certainly won me over. .It was not what I was expecting at all . What a lovely man he is .

He was lovely and a great positive outlook . Only little point I would have him to make was that not everyone with CF is as well as he is and that there are huge variations in the severity . Some quite simply couldn't do what he does

Advertisement