Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Surely nobody is in any doubt that Anna will win it? It doesn't matter who the best dancer is, as last years winner proved.
    She'll win because she's NOT from Dublin and because of the GAA thing.Irish people are very parochial.
    I find her very insincere and not very elegant but I have no doubt she'll win

• Registered Users Posts: 29,376 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I really wish they'd put a ban on all that miming and gurning looking for people to vote. Drives me nuts.

Watching online tonight, amazing how loooooong the commercial breaks are when you don't have any ads to watch!

Overall I'm rooting for Anna.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I'll be happy with either Anna or Jake. Deirdre is a much weaker dancer I think, and doesn't deserve to win - shouldn't even be in the final. I've loved lots of dances from both Anna and Jake so can't really choose between them. I think Jake is probably marginally a better dancer but I think some of Kai's choreography has edged Karen's so Anna's dances have been just a bit more enjoyable for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

The music doesn't fit this Tango at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Nah that's awful....what's with the swiviling head. Too tense too

• Advertisement

I'll be happy with either Anna or Jake. Deirdre is a much weaker dancer I think, and doesn't deserve to win - shouldn't even be in the final. I've loved lots of dances from both Anna and Jake so can't really choose between them. I think Jake is probably marginally a better dancer but I think some of Kai's choreography has edged Karen's so Anna's dances have been just a bit more enjoyable for me.
    Cannot stand Karen and Jake. He just lets her out dance him and boy does she like that too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

I know nothing about music or dancing but that music and dance were not suited at all in annas routine. Is it the emperors new clothes or am I just totally devoid of knowledge of dance /music

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

" dashes for the mute button "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

Surely nobody is in any doubt that Anna will win it? It doesn't matter who the best dancer is as last years winner proved.
    She'll win because she's NOT from Dublin and because of the GAA thing.Irish people are very parochial.
    I find her very insincere and not very elegantl but I have no doubt she'll win

Totally agree with you.
    That's why I said I wanted the best dancer to win tonight, but I don't think that will happen because it seems to me to be a personality contest. Together with the fact that whoever has a big "fan" base will probably win, not the best dancer. Same thing happened last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I'd agree with that actually - Jake also seems more of a natural dancer, whereas Anna probably has to work a bit harder at it (not saying Jake doesn't work hard too obviously!)

• Advertisement

Aineoil wrote: »
    Surely nobody is in any doubt that Anna will win it? It doesn't matter who the best dancer is as last years winner proved.
    I find her very insincere and not very elegantl but I have no doubt she'll win

Totally agree with you.
    That's why I said I wanted the best dancer to win tonight, but I don't think that will happen because it seems to me to be a personality contest. Together with the fact that whoever has a big "fan" base will probably win, not the best dancer. Same thing happened last year.
    Well if another GAA head wins it..... Boring. Won't be watching it next year if the GAA head wins by default

I think on the final night it should be the judges who vote on the best dance. They know their stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Voted for Deirdre and John ! I loved that Quickstep

Lovely and elegant Deirdre

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

Aineoil wrote: »
    I think on the final night it should be the judges who vote on the best dance. They know their stuff.

Hardly when they gave jake and deridre a showy dance and screwed Anna over

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

They're handing out 10s like they're going out of fashion tonight.

Jaysus and the ugly facial expressions?

Say what you want about him, like him or not, but Jake can fairly move those legs of his :eek:

Was great shame about missing the leg catch thing but he covered it well

Wonder what the showcase dance will be like? If it's fast and punchy Anna and Jake will do well. If it's slow and more traditional Deirdre will do well.

• Advertisement

Aaaaargh..... stream has gone down:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Kai deserves to win after that Charleston :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

They're handing out 10s like they're going out of fashion tonight.

It appears to me that because they no real influence tonight on the vote they are marking everyone similarly and letting the irish public decide......god help us all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭SimpleDimples

I hated this....thought Anna looked very awkard.

Autosport wrote: »
    Kai deserves to win after that Charleston :D

That dance just suited Anna so well!

It wasn't as impressive tonight that Charleston. Dunno why. Maybe because we've seen it before?

I hated this....thought Anna looked very awkard.
    what?
    screamer wrote: »
    It wasn't as impressive tonight that Charleston. Dunno why. Maybe because we've seen it before?
    That makes zero sense? Surely the other 2 dances were not as impressive either then because we had seen them before?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    That dance just suited Anna so well!

Nah I don’t like her

CFlat wrote: »
    It appears to me that because they no real influence tonight on the vote they are marking everyone similarly and letting the irish public decide......god help us all��

The vote could go anywhere, to be honest. Having watched all the dances I think Deirdre O Kane has the edge for me on tonight's performance.

And yes now I am being subjective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Autosport wrote: »
    Nah I don’t like her

"It's about fun" lol..she's playing it down in case she doesn't win but you can see it's all about winning for her.

Advertisement