Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Didn’t hear what Deirdre said but I’m surprised she would say something like that - sounds like sour grapes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

pjohnson wrote: »
    screamer wrote: »
    Absolutely agree. She saved him from going out last week dancing her socks off in a very revealing net curtain. She out danced him at every turn and usually she was front and central. People saw them both dancing but watched her. She win it for him, or put it this way, without her he'd not have won.

Ok Deidre screamer.

You can be as sarky as you like but it's the truth. Nice for Karen as she got lumped with Des Cahill last year and deserved a better partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,377 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Absolutely agree. She saved him from going out last week dancing her socks off in a very revealing net curtain. She out danced him at every turn and usually she was front and central. People saw them both dancing but watched her. She win it for him, or put it this way, without her he'd not have won.
    She's a pro ffs!!!

Why wouldn't she out-dance him? :confused:

Mother of God!

(and during that jive I was absolutely mesmerised by his legs, not hers, for the record)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    And you know this how? :confused:

She's a character , very popular and likeable. The combo won the day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

givyjoe wrote: »
    pjohnson wrote: »
    Ok Deidre screamer.

Bizarre comments.. because the other two would have won it on their own, without their professional creating their routines and training them.... Riiiiiiight.
    Don't think you quite understand my post...and I won't waste time trying to explain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

You can be as sarky as you like but it's the truth. Nice for Karen as she got lumped with Des Cahill last year and deserved a better partner.

Oh jaysus, i'd forgotten that, dare i ask what the dance was called :confused:
    Should make up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Don't think you quite understand my post...and I won't waste time trying to explain.

I don't think anyone does, but by all means, don't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Don’t agree that Karen won it for Jake, he was quite capable I thought but I do think that the Nathan vote bumped him up in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

And if Deidre won it was because of John who had been lumped with Teresa Mannion last year and deserved a better partner?

Or would you claim Deidre carried John?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I'm very happy for Jake and Karen. Didn't think they'd do it based on tonight - thought they chose the wrong dance and the usual anti-Dublin brigade are always out in force.

Anna was great though so she'll be rightfully disappointed. She's a very competitive girl and that's why she's been so successful. But she was very gracious.

I thought Deirdre danced better tonight than previously. I doubt she meant her comment to be as sour as it sounded - just a sarky humour fail I think. Glad she didn't win though as she didn't deserve to based on her performance.

I enjoyed the show this year. Personally I think the "star" element of it is fairly wasted in Ireland and they should drop all pretence of it and just use ordinary Joe Soaps. I'm just interested in the progression and the dancing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Didn't see that win coming ! Thought it would be a GAA vote again !
    Jake was a great dancer I admit

• Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

DZKLKo3UQAAsNPE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,152 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

For what it’s ,Having watched all the dances I think it’s very clear that even when the “celebs”are good movers /have good posture etc....it’s the pro dancers that lead and indeed carry the whole performance...if you actually look at the amount of “dancing “ that the celebs do it’s little and uncomplicated in comparison...not downplaying the effort the celebs put in,but the pros carry the performance and make the novices look good in all cases IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

I'm very happy for Jake and Karen. Didn't think they'd do it based on tonight - thought they chose the wrong dance and the usual anti-Dublin brigade are always out in force.

Anna was great though so she'll be rightfully disappointed. She's a very competitive girl and that's why she's been so successful. But she was very gracious.

I thought Deirdre danced better tonight than previously. I doubt she meant her comment to be as sour as it sounded - just a sarky humour fail I think. Glad she didn't win though as she didn't deserve to based on her performance.

I enjoyed the show this year. Personally I think the "star" element of it is fairly wasted in Ireland and they should drop all pretence of it and just use ordinary Joe Soaps. I'm just interested in the progression and the dancing.

I don't like Deirdre. .I never did like her humour but she was the dancer who had made the greatest progress since the beginning. .She should have been more gracious though. .of course all the finalists would have been disaappointed and Erin too ..She deserved to be there too

It was an enjoyable series though . I will miss it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

I thought Nora was robbed

leahyl wrote: »
    Don’t agree that Karen won it for Jake, he was quite capable I thought but I do think that the Nathan vote bumped him up in the end.

That reminds me, i heard someone say this should be renamed Dancing With the Stars/Relatives ;):P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Well that was a very enjoyable final!
    Loved the opening dance. Great to see the presenters and judges in it.
    As for the dances, enjoyed them but I just didn't like Jake and Karen's. I'm not a fan of the "contemporary" stuff (very much a traditionalist) and I found some of it cringy. Also sone of James's technical weaknesses were exposed again. But hey, it's the final.
    Don't get the Deirdre hate. I thought it was a very gracious comment saying that obviously people took Jale to their hearts. Karen has a large following among one branch of the Irish dance fraternity so she obviously mobilised it tonight and that helped them win. I would have liked to see Anna win but there was barely a whisker between her and Jake so no real complaints about Jake winning. I'd rather if he tried to take centre stage though. People have commented about some of the celebs doing the "all about me" act but Karen also is quite guilty of this. Exhibit A was here hogging the trophy.

Anyway, all in all, a vast improvement on last year's final and certainly a big improvement for the series as a whole. I loved every minute of it and, being biased, my favourite bit was when I got to go to it.

Looking at Twitter.. Deirdre had all her celebrity fans urging the public to vote. .There may have been a backlash against her for that

foxyladyxx wrote: »

She was on Todayfm this morning talking about social media, if it was that bad for her to take, no wonder social media is ruining kids lives, she said

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I don't like Deirdre. .I never did like her humour but she was the dancer who had made the greatest progress since the beginning. .She should have been more gracious though. .of course all the finalists would have been disaappointed and Erin too ..She deserved to be there too

It was an enjoyable series though . I will miss it now.

I agree she made the most progress but she was still weaker at the end. I also think Erin should have been in the final. I think she was better than Anna overall. I didn't particularly like her but I don't actually care about their personalities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Ah lads I think u need to hear the comment deirdre made in context. I don't believe she was getting the dig in. She was making the point that ....'look yis were all say giving out when the ppl with the biggest voting pool (ie Gaa) win you say it's unfair ....but look at us ....A lad who isn't even irish can win ...Thus proving it was pure talent won it.

She just worded it a little more deadpanly than she perhaps should have.

Ah lads I think u need to hear the comment deirdre made in context. I don't believe she was getting the dig in. She was making the point that ....'look yis were all say giving out when the ppl with the biggest voting pool (ie Gaa) win you say it's unfair ....but look at us ....A lad who isn't even irish can win ...Thus proving it was pure talent won it.

I need to hear it for myself. .I missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,377 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I have to say that's the meaning I took from it at the time. Would never have occurred to me that there was any bitchiness in it until I saw the comments here.

Although with the level of conspiracy theories and outright bitchiness going on in the comments here, maybe I'll give the benefit of the doubt to Deirdre!

Looking at Twitter.. Deirdre had all her celebrity fans urging the public to vote. .There may have been a backlash against her for that

What's the twitter link, no doubt it'll all be forgotten about when Dermot 'Blind Date' Bannen comes on :D

She was on Todayfm this morning talking about social media, if it was that bad for her to take, no wonder social media is ruining kids lives, she said

She has social media to largely thank for her career. Possibly needs to develop the rhino hide.

What's the twitter link, no doubt it'll all be forgotten about when Dermot 'Blind Date' Bannen comes on :D

https://twitter.com/DWTSIRL

Heroditas wrote: »
    She has social media to largely thank for her career. Possibly needs to develop the rhino hide.

What did she do beforehand?

What did she do beforehand?

She was a hairdresser

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

https://twitter.com/RTEOne/status/977993029582716929

RTE already Confirming series 3 for next year

See ya in 2019 folks also time to start the campagian Aengus Mac Grianna for next year
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYlJJh8hQDg

Advertisement