Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Powerhouse wrote: »
    but I did that that Jake did a lot of lifting, struggling with his shirt and sliding along the room. While he's obviously very lively and athletic with his youth I though a lot of it lacked obvious technical sophistication.

You're not the only person who thinks that and you're also completely right about his dances and technique.
    His upper frame and arms were consistently poor for his ballroom dances and this was never addressed over the course of the series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

foxyladyxx wrote: »

Some of those trolls are evident on this very forum spending vast majority of their time b*tching and casting judgment over the dancers for the most bizarre reasons (and lets call a spade here, I envisage these are most notably female posters casting judgment on strong seemingly confident female dancers like Deirdre,
    Anna and Erin (and Ryan)which is a regular thing )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Some of those trolls are evident on this very forum spending vast majority of their time b*tching and casting judgment over the dancers for the most bizarre reasons (and lets call a spade here, I envisage these are most notably female posters casting judgment on strong seemingly confident female dancers like Deirdre,
    Anna and Erin (and Ryan)which is a regular thing )

Well no actually...I have commented on Anna from the start.I find her very disingenuous
    I wanted jake to win because I really like Karen. If your statement is true then we wouldn’t like Karen either!

It’s funny, I didn’t like Erin at the very start but I really warmed to her as the show went on.

Rfrip wrote: »
    Well no actually...I have commented on Anna from the start.I find her very disingenuous
    I wanted jake to win because I really like Karen. If your statement is true then we wouldn’t like Karen either!

It’s funny actually I didn’t like Erin at the very start but I really warmed to her as the show went on.

I am merely saying in general. It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. But it was a recurring secondary school girl b*tchy theme on the forum throughout.

And how can someone (again not you in particular) read into someone being disingenuous or whatever to the point that you are so confident in that judgment that they would be irritated to the point of posting about it everytime she comes on screen rather than focusing on the dance itself. I envisage it may have made for a more positive viewing experience for people if they stopped nitpicking and reading into the most bizarre reasons for casting or getting off on casting judgment on someone over a comment which, like last night that Deirdre made, was COMPLETELY misinterpreted anyway if you actually break it down logically.

I am merely saying in general. It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. But it was a recurring secondary school girl b*tchy theme on the forum throughout

Have you been on the room to improve thread? It’s like a blood bath in comparison :)

• Advertisement

Rfrip wrote: »
    Have you been on the room to improve thread? It’s like a blood bath in comparison :)

No I wouldn't watch that show. Find Dermot Bannon very disingenuous because of the way I saw him scratch his head one day :D

No I wouldn't watch that show. Find Dermot Bannon very disingenuous because of the way I saw him scratch his head one day :D

Oh right

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

I am merely saying in general. It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. But it was a recurring secondary school girl b*tchy theme on the forum throughout.

And how can someone (again not you in particular) read into someone being disingenuous or whatever to the point that you are so confident in that judgment that they would be irritated to the point of posting about it everytime she comes on screen rather than focusing on the dance itself. I envisage it may have made for a more positive viewing experience for people if they stopped nitpicking and reading into the most bizarre reasons for casting or getting off on casting judgment on someone over a comment which, like last night that Deirdre made, was COMPLETELY misinterpreted anyway if you actually break it down logically.

I don't see how you can say completely misinterpreted. She was making b1thcy/whiny comments about the judges and her scores prior to the final. Hardly out of character for her anyway. Mentioning that Jake was from Liverpool, and sure aren't we great for voting for him was just odd, if it wasn't as it seemed, i.e. a a sour comment.

Getting off on casting judgement on someone....ah here....

givyjoe wrote: »
    I don't see how you can say completely misinterpreted. She was making b1thcy/whiny comments about the judges and her scores prior to the final. Hardly out of character for her anyway. Mentioning that Jake was from Liverpool, and sure aren't we great for voting for him was just odd, if it wasn't as it seemed, i.e. a a sour comment.

It was, if anything, a dig at the people who were moaning about the fact that people like Aidan Mahony won last year due to his legion of of Kerry/Garda/GAA "supporters".

That was what a very large amount of viewers were moaning about last year and the show received a lot of discredit when he did win.

Read last years post results posts on this very thread.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057646193&page=157

I could genuinely hear Marty or any of them saying the same type of thing but people wouldn't read into it like they are because they have already made their minds up on the actual person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Maggiesims wrote: »
    Omg Deirdre is bitter. Anna was fine. But the comment from Deirdre "we are a great country when we vote for a liverpoolian"

I watched and didn't get the backhandness of the comment whatsoever? It was more along the lines of the country had taken him to it's heart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Finally home from the dodgy internet connection that I was watching on earlier, and seeing the very start of the show which I missed.

Fantastic to see the judges putting their money feet where their mouths are, and dancing in the opening routine! Has that ever been done in the UK one? I don't think so.

It happens all the time....at least once per season

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Great that it's over all the same. Those stars can go back to their mansions in the Hollywood hills.
    Great show though.

Dancing With The Stars winner Jake Carter dating pro dance partner Karen Byrne as ‘Strictly curse’ hits RTE sh

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/3017834/jake-carter-dating-karen-byrne-dwts-strictly-curse/

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

368100 wrote: »
    Dancing With The Stars winner Jake Carter dating pro dance partner Karen Byrne as ‘Strictly curse’ hits RTE sh

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/3017834/jake-carter-dating-karen-byrne-dwts-strictly-curse/

That's quite sad if true. Karen and her partner had been together a long time and were running their own dance school together

• Registered Users Posts: 30,601 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I said this to my mother and she said isn't that great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Any word on Marty and Ksenia? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

She must be nuts. Or having a mid life crisis!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,377 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

She must be nuts. Or having a mid life crisis!

A mid-life crisis at 24 :eek:

(Mind you, dating a teenager is surely a crisis of some sort.....)

• Registered Users Posts: 82,826 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

She must prefer Jake's pole, lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

She must prefer Jake's pole, lol.
    She obviously prefers small teenagers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Karen is only 24 ? Now that surprised me , I must say I thought she was a lot older than 24

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Any word on Marty and Ksenia? :p

I seen them together about 2 months ago in Malahide.

Amanda Byram won't be hosting in January!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Replacement?

Some good news

pjohnson wrote: »
    Replacement?

No one mentioned yet but she is departing.

They should give Nicky a shot at main host....he was always more relaxed and natural presenting than Amanda....though in comparison to her so would most.

They should give Nicky a shot at main host....he was always more relaxed and natural presenting than Amanda....though in comparison to her so would most.

They sort of need two people in generally for these shows.

• Advertisement

They sort of need two people in generally for these shows.

I know....was just saying Nicky should do main host and bring someone else in for his job

Advertisement