Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,601 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Johnny Ward is confirmed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Who is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,778 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

honeybear wrote: »
    Who is he?

Actor from Fair City and Love/Hate

Who is he?

Also Love/Hate!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Who is he?
    Copper face Jack's the musical. Gino .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭golfball37

Models have not fared very well on DWTS-it’s a pity as they have deserved to stay longer in the competition

Yeah the voting demographic wouldn’t be model friendly I’d say. The lady Thalia from two years ago went out disgracefully early after doing a good routine and all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

golfball37 wrote: »
    Yeah the voting demographic wouldn’t be model friendly I’d say. The lady Thalia from two years ago went out disgracefully early after doing a good routine and all

Agree. Last year Alanna also should have stayed longer imo (although I was rooting for Erin). Alannah & Thalia were both good dancers

Cliona Hagan (Country Irish singer) and Demi Isaac (Young Offenders actress) confirmed

Cliona Hagan.

Demi Isaac Oviawe from The Young Offenders.

• Advertisement

People often give out about the line up on these shows but I think it's good enough this year.
    The sports people are good, people from/Were on the soaps, etc. Some people almost expect the Obama's to be on it.

People often give out about the line up on these shows but I think it's good enough this year.
    The sports people are good, people from/Were on the soaps, etc. Some people almost expect the Obama's to be on it.

I was maybe expecting Taoiseach Leo in Kylie's gold hot pants :P he does like being on the telly and in the media spotlight

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Exactly. Look at Strictly. Typically we have EastEnders actors, BBC newsreaders, comedians, ex sports stars... exact same as here although we swap EastEnders for Fair City or Ros na Run.

Did they say Demi is partnered with Kai? That should be good

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Looking forward to watching the new series in the new year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

starlit wrote: »
    Looking forward to watching the new series in the new year!

Ditto...the fact I know one of the contestants personally will make it more exciting....just hope Denis stays in for a decent stint

Curtis is out for the first few weeks after having surgery on his knee after being attacked on a night out with AJ.
    Hope he recovers quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

Heroditas wrote: »
    Curtis is out for the first few weeks after having surgery on his knee after being attacked on a night out with AJ.
    Hope he recovers quickly

I'd say he is out for the entire series if its knee surgery especially since the show starts on the 6th of January, I don't think he would recover quick enough

Wonder who will replace him, he is quite tall too

Ryaner179 wrote: »
    I'd say he is out for the entire series if its knee surgery especially since the show starts on the 6th of January, I don't think he would recover quick enough

Wonder who will replace him, he is quite tall too

The main problem is his height and the fact he's partnering Holly Carpenter. It'll be hard to find a pro tall enough at such short notice.
    For example, if they needed a shorter pro, they could possibly draft in Sean Smullen.

Heroditas wrote: »
    Hope he recovers quickly
    Jealousy. Terrible disease.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Agree - it's actually decent enough, especially compared to the "celebrity" Ireland's fittest families the other evening. The only one on it I knew was Brian Redmond from DWTS!

Agree - it's actually decent enough, especially compared to the "celebrity" Ireland's fittest families the other evening. The only one on it I knew was Brian Redmond from DWTS!
    The two young guys who I wanted to win were from x factor.

I could never get into Ireland's fitest family. To much yelling and shouting for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

This is a joke.

RTE lose rights to sports all around them, that actually contribute to the country and health and they decide to line pockets of their own. 3k per week for each of these "celebrities".

I remember seeing the 3 on the late late a few weeks back. "So why did you want to do this?" Eh...hello Ryan? Anyone would do it for 3k a week!!!

It's all so fake and I cringe thinking of all the people sitting at home cheering on the rich getting richer while offering nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Pussyhands wrote: »
    This is a joke.

RTE lose rights to sports all around them, that actually contribute to the country and health and they decide to line pockets of their own. 3k per week for each of these "celebrities".

I remember seeing the 3 on the late late a few weeks back. "So why did you want to do this?" Eh...hello Ryan? Anyone would do it for 3k a week!!!

It's all so fake and I cringe thinking of all the people sitting at home cheering on the rich getting richer while offering nothing.

€3k a week for the pro-dancers, celebs or both?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/living/2019/0102/1019975-jen-zamparelli-on-dwts-amanda-leaves-very-big-shoes-to-fill/

My god, you really do have to listen to some rubbish when they promote these things.
    Jen acknowledges that Amanda Byram will be a tough act to follow, as she and Nicky ran a slick operation on our Sunday night screens for the last two seasons. "There’s a lot of pressure because it’s a beast of a show," says Jennifer, "and Amanda leaves very big shoes to fill, literally: I think she’s like a size 9 and I’m a 5. But she brought a lot to the show and she looked phenomenal, so I would hate to be compared to her because I’m so different."

I'm unsure of Jenifer especially after seeing her do that annoying ad for the RTE player!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I'm unsure of Jenifer especially after seeing her do that annoying ad for the RTE player!

I can't shake the feeling that it might be a case of "Come back Amanda, all is forgiven". Nothing that Jennifer has done would indicate that she's a good fit for this show.

giphy.webp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭golfball37

After the lies she made up about meeting peter Casey in the green room she’s perfect for RTÉ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭caviardreams

368100 wrote: »
    €3k a week for the pro-dancers, celebs or both?

I actually thought some of the celebs would get paid more than that depending on their status.

3k a week for the pro dancers is good value if that's the same imo.

Advertisement