Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

The are announcing on who is replacing Curtis on the Cant Stop Dancing preview show tonight on RTE One as well as the other pairings. I saw that Trent Whiddon posted about going back to work and that Kai recently followed him, I dont know if he is working on the show as a choreographer like he did with Strictly or if he is replacing Curtis, he would work height wise

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Trent Whiddon is the replacement. He was on Strictly a few years ago with Pixie Lott.
    Good replacement!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Heroditas wrote: »
    Trent Whiddon is the replacement. He was on Strictly a few years ago with Pixie Lott.
    Good replacement!!

I was kinda hoping AJ (Curtis’s brother) might step in. I’ve always looked forward to seeing him on SCD. Height differences would have been an issue. Also, I’m sure he has other work commitments.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

honeybear wrote: »
    I was kinda hoping AJ (Curtis’s brother) might step in. I’ve always looked forward to seeing him on SCD. Height differences would have been an issue. Also, I’m sure he has other work commitments.

AJ is doing the Strictly tour so would be unavailable the weeks Curtis is out.
    I didn't watch Strictly the year Pixie Lott was in it so looking forward to seeing the new pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

368100 wrote: »
    €3k a week for the pro-dancers, celebs or both?

3k for the celebs each. And that was 2 years ago...probably gone up since!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Defaulter1831

There doesn't seem to be any real crap person like Des or Marty this year.

Maybe Winnie McGoohan..at 67 some of the higher tempo stuff might be tough on her.

Think it’s going to be a good series this year

"I'm Karen Byrne and I'm the champion of 2018" ... ehhhhhh....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

How long before Eilish Carroll mentions she's a lesbian?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,189 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

There doesn't seem to be any real crap person like Des or Marty this year.

Maybe Winnie McGoohan..at 67 some of the higher tempo stuff might be tough on her.

Fred Cooke??

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Fred Cooke??
    Initially it looked like he might be this year's Bernard O'Shea but it seems he's actually able to move. Might be a bit of a surprise.
    Hopefully so 'cos Bernard got a bit tiresome last year trying to substitute comedy for his complete crapness at dancing.

Any early predictions this year? I'm thinking maybe Johnny Ward and Emily Barker should be in with a shout given his previous dance experience. Maybe Peter Stringer and Ksenia also?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,601 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think Niamh from Fair City won't be great mainly because of how she used walk around in Fair City.
    I'm not sure about the rest of them. I'd say Johnny Ward will be handy enough but from the times I've seen him on TV he wasn't overly likable.

I think Niamh from Fair City won't be great mainly because of how she used walk around in Fair City.
    I'm not sure about the rest of them. I'd say Johnny Ward will be handy enough but from the times I've seen him on TV he wasn't overly likable.

Think I remember seeing Niamh on the LLS Dance thingy-Dermot from Room to Improve was also performing.

Judges on Ray Darcy TV programme made the following preshow predictions: Fred(Brian) Holly (Loraine) Johnny (Julian)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Think I remember seeing Niamh on the LLS Dance thingy-Dermot from Room to Improve was also performing.

I think it was 'Hey Big Spender' and it was excruciating. Hopefully she won't overact as much on DWTS.
    Edit: nope, I remembered wrong! It was 'These Boots Are Made For Walking', but it was definitely excruiating: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8xq2tcQ71U

Denis Bastick didn't look great either

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Would like the above 3 mentioned to be in the final.

Denis has a very popular partner-never underestimate the GAA vote

I’d say Cliona & Holly will be good. The men seem to have a better chance in these dancing competitions

Denis has a very popular partner-never underestimate the GAA vote

He played for Dublin though. Can't see anyone outside Dublin voting for him because of GAA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,601 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

So, is anybody watching?
    I'm heading out now but at least this year I can fast forward it wjen I get home!

The dancer that went off with her partner last year is in this again. Mmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I think Johnny Ward and Emily will win

As an aside, great to see Kai back again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Is there a big delay between the voice and the audio for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Augeo wrote: »
    The dancer that went off with her partner last year is in this again. Mmmmmm

I don't think Karen and Darren will be getting together this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The comedian who I never heard of is already annoying me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Watching here. Not usually Jen’s biggest fan in the world, but I must say, she is light years more apt for this role than Amanda Byram with the Christmas cracker jokes, and she looked really well in the opening dance routine, blended in with all the dancers quite seamlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Love jen already tbh

Karen’s had a bit of work done since last year I see!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    The comedian who I never heard of is already annoying me

The only thing I ever saw him in was Tommy Tiernan’s show, where he used to introduce the “mystery” guests as they walked onto the set.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭Rfrip

duridian wrote: »
    The only thing I ever saw him in was Tommy Tiernan’s show, where he used to introduce the “mystery” guests as they walked onto the set.

Ah that’s where he’s from...and some spar ads I think?

Advertisement