Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

pinkypinky wrote: »
    I also thought Ksenia was hit in the head by the blackboard.

Was surprised at the very low marks for Fred Cooke who had good natural rhythm. Johnny obviously a bit of a ringer. No one as terrible as Marty Morrissey.

Hard to tell from the early group numbers but I thought Niamh from Fair City looked like she had potential.

Feel very sorry for the woman who had Curtis and then had to swap partners. That's a real challenge, and obviously an awful thing to happen to Curtis.

Just watched it on Plus 1 and the corner of the blackboard hit Ksenia as they turned it around .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

The dancing at the end is still cringey

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bubblegummers

How did Johnny ward look. I was looking for a tennis bet earlier and selected him and put 100 quid on him. Didn’t cop till after it was on

• Registered Users Posts: 29,377 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Watching back now (first love is Dancing on Ice, as always!) - first impressions about three dancers in....

Jennifer, a whole universe apart from Amanda (in a good way!), made for the role - but I hope she's not going to continue out-shrieking Kathryn Thomas on the shrieky scale, or I might have to revise that opinion...... but oh my goodness what a breath of fresh air she is. In between shrieking.

First few dances were very so so - Darren the fashion fella, mmmm ok - GAA fella was pretty poor - the comedian (this year's Bernard O'Shea, and not in a good way!), how in the name of God did he dance any dance at all to that music??? He was appalling, I've never heard of him before this evening, but he gets my sympathy vote for the music they inflicted on him, and that purple spangled onesie. God help him.

Mother of God, that was some fast jive Emily inflicted on Johnny Ward! :eek:

Kudos for keeping up with the pace and not tying himself into knots at some point!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bubblegummers

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Mother of God, that was some fast jive Emily inflicted on Johnny Ward! :eek:

Kudos for keeping up with the pace and not tying himself into knots at some point!

Can he dance?

Hmmm, Peter Stringer was fairly poor IMO - all muscle, strength and lifts, not a lot of dancing about him at all - reminded me of most male rumbas, they stand there shuffling while the female dances rings around them (both literally and metaphorically).

Ksenia is some mover though!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was happy enough with Jennifer.
    Dancers were a mixed bag. Johnny ward probably the best but just find him a tad annoying was suprised that Darren didn't bug me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Rmgblue wrote: »
    Who did she run off with last year?

You serious? I thought she was married to another dancer? Has she left the hubbie?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Can he dance?

He certainly can. I think he does panto? Well I think it was him we saw in the gaiety. I knew he'd be good. And he was.
    Fred Cooke has good rhythm but I agreed with the judges. He had very little cha cha and that's down to the choreography. He has the potential to improve. The rest of the male celebs were fairly meh tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Fred was incredibly stompy. Cardinal sin for Latin dancing. Hopefully that will be beaten out of him.
    I'm not expecting much craic from Denis and Valeria. Talk about the Black Hole of Personality.

Pussyhands wrote: »
    You serious? I thought she was married to another dancer? Has she left the hubbie?

She broke up with the dancer boyfriend who iirc was also a business partner in the dance school and shortly afterwards (allegedly) Jake Carter asked her out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Heroditas wrote: »
    Fred was incredibly stompy. Cardinal sin for Latin dancing. Hopefully that will be beaten out of him.
    Should Guilia not take a bit of the blame for that if she is responsible for training him?
    I'm not expecting much craic from Denis and Valeria. Talk about the Black Hole of Personality.
    Aidan O'Mahoney was pretty stiff at the start too and a bit of a personality vacuum but still won (arguably he should have come third). Valeria seems to be one of the better training partners so it wouldn't surprise me if they make it a long way.

Johnny Ward probably did too well. A large part of the appeal of the show is to see amateurs start off poor and noticeably improve over the course of the series. How much further can he improve? Not that much in the eyes of non professional judges i.e. us.

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Should Guilia not take a bit of the blame for that if she is responsible for training him?

She should take more than just a bit of the blame! It was interesting to note her reaction to Brian's comments. She wasn't impressed

Also, wasn't blown away by the pro dance at the end of the show but what can you say about Emily, Ksenia and Giulia in school uniforms!!

Hey, don't have a go at me when some of you are drooling over Kai and Vitaly!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Also, wasn't blown away by the pro dance at the end of the show but what can you say about Emily, Ksenia and Giulia in school uniforms!!

Hey, don't have a go at me when some of you are drooling over Kai and Vitaly!

Just saw that pro dance-awful!

It was positively Strictly-esque!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Oh dear lord in heavens I forgot how much I fancied Vitali. Pervert watch 2019 has begun

Those amazing blue eyes!! Be still, my beating heart!! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

honeybear wrote: »
    Understatement-thought he danced better than his partner!

Johnny was fantastic! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

brooke 2 wrote: »
    honeybear wrote: »
    Understatement-thought he danced better than his partner!

Johnny was fantastic! :)
    Yeah just saw it in rte1. Brilliant start for the season. Nice to see julian benson looking well again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Saw the ladies on tv last night-they are going to be good.

Jennifer is very shouty

I love Jennifer's dress

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Evning folks.
    She’s a lot less wooden than Byram though, and that, for me anyway, gives a bit of leeway to her on the amplitude.

duridian wrote: »
    Evning folks.
    She’s a lot less wooden than Byram though, and that, for me anyway, gives a bit of leeway to her on the amplitude.

Thats true ! But they need to just dial her down a notch !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Fitali

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

368100 wrote: »
    Fitali

10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

She danced well! But why does everything have to be so nightclubby?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Did Brian Redmond actually say "good girl" there at the end?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Defaulter1831

What an air head..

Holly Carpenter

Advertisement