Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Who is Emily partnered with ?

Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Jonny Ward.

I'd say Paddy Power has stopped taking bets on them already.

He's excellent but, remember Danny on SCD- he was amazing all the way through but didn't win. I'm rooting for one of the other contestants

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Rmgblue wrote: »
    Any idea where it’s from?

She buys a good bit of stuff from Folkster, but I don’t know about this one. She might share on her insta.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Jennifer’s dress was from ASOS

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Cliodhna and Clelia were the best dancers last night for me, and I thought Eilish had a lot of poise (though I wonder how she’ll get on in future weeks).

Demi wasn’t at the races at all, and I think she didn’t do herself any favors in the interviews afterwards. She’ll need to improve hugely next week or I’d say she’ll be the first to go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I hope Demi is the first to go, her attitude is appalling

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Jonny Ward.

I'd say Paddy Power has stopped taking bets on them already.

I dunno, i font think he will do well in the public voting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Rfrip wrote: »
    I dunno, i font think he will do well in the public voting

there is something off about him, its almost as if he knows he is really good and is trying toooo hard to be humble about it

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Defaulter1831

I hope Demi is the first to go, her attitude is appalling

All the worst things about a modern 'celeb' loud, over confident/arrogant and little talent.

I didn't watch the Young Offenders series but if that kiss is the highlight of her talent it speaks volumes.

At least Johnny Ward is trying to appear humble.

Strings and his tomatoes and healthy shopping..spare us.

wawaman wrote: »
    there is something off about him, its almost as if he knows he is really good and is trying toooo hard to be humble about it

Ya totally agree!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,189 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

dudara wrote: »

Demi wasn’t at the races at all, and I think she didn’t do herself any favors in the interviews afterwards. She’ll need to improve hugely next week or I’d say she’ll be the first to go.

I actually think it was quite unfair/unwise that a student in the middle of her Leaving Cert was asked to take part on this show.
    She's not even from Dublin and will have to balance her time between Cork and Dublin with rehearsals and the mocks looming. We all remember the stress levels of Leaving Cert year!
    I thought her stress was showing last night and her head seemed to be all over the place.
    Bad call on her part and the producers I feel.
    Don't want to blame her family if she's 18 but still, a teacher or parent should have had a wise word.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

wawaman wrote: »

Exactly! Your comment is spot on!!

I'd say that when Cliona really gets going, she will clip some of Johnny's wings! :D Even though her first song was dreadful, she still managed to get the highest score.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

I actually think it was quite unfair/unwise that a student in the middle of her Leaving Cert was asked to take part on this show.
    She's not even from Dublin and will have to balance her time between Cork and Dublin with rehearsals and the mocks looming. We all remember the stress levels of Leaving Cert year!
    I thought her stress was showing last night and her head seemed to be all over the place.
    Bad call on her part and the producers I feel.
    Don't want to blame her family if she's 18 but still, a teacher or parent should have had a wise word.

I agree. I wonder if the producers knew she was doing her Leaving Cert. when they chose her?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Judges are class compared to other similar shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

obi604 wrote: »
    The cork one and the fair city ones are pains in the hole. Fair city one always looking for attention. And Cork one is all drama over little things.
    The Fair City one actually believes this celebrity crack. Typical R.T.E. lack of talent and sense of entitlement

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

Has anyone here who applied for tickets been lucky enough to get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Has anyone here who applied for tickets been lucky enough to get them?

Haven't heard back yet but you only find out a couple of weeks before the show you've been selected for is due to take place.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

Oh right a couple of weeks notice would be ideal I assumed it would be the week of the show itself. My fingers and toes are crossed. I have never been lucky enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

Hi,

Just new to this thread, and i've only very amateurish opinions/observations to offer :)

The ladies, bar Eilish O'Carroll and Maread Ronan are fairly painfull. Demi was very rude to Clelia last Sunday, and is a terrible dancer. Clelia was better than i thought. Johnny and Cliona are very good.

Also i'm delighted to see Julian in good health, one of the good guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Marengo wrote: »
    Hi,

Just new to this thread, and i've only very amateurish opinions/observations to offer :)

The ladies, bar Eilish O'Carroll and Maread Ronan are fairly painfull. Demi was very rude to Clelia last Sunday, and is a terrible dancer. Clelia was better than i thought. Johnny and Cliona are very good.

Also i'm delighted to see Julian in good health, one of the good guys :)
    Delighted to see julian so well again.

• Advertisement

Ok so who'll leave on Sunday.

Haven't looked at the bookies but my money would be on Demi.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

leahyl wrote: »
    Does Julian give any criticism?? I like him but he never finds anything wrong with the majority of the dances.

No he doesn't he loves the applause of the audience too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Julian's job isn't to give criticism, he's there specifically as the "nice judge", i.e. "good cop"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Marengo wrote: »
    Ok so who'll leave on Sunday.

Haven't looked at the bookies but my money would be on Demi.

Gonna stick my head on the block and predict the first 3 eliminations - Holly, Peter and Demi.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

So, who's watching?

Jennifer should get a 2 for her performance on the Late Late with Eamonn on Friday night:)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

This is my first week watching it live. I recorded the first two weeks and was able to watch an episode in under an hour. I think I'm going to find it drawn out.

Eilish legs look quite toned..I know I shouldn't be looking at things like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The music choices are just awful tjis year . I am finding tough going listening to it

• Advertisement

Mairead looks like she's dancing ok ish. I'm not qualified to say anymore!!

Obviously I know nothing!

Advertisement