Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

That’s nuts, she was miles better than Demi

• Registered Users Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Maybe Kai is getting a few votes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

No dance off?

Not at the start. After a few weeks when the number of dancers dwindles they bring in the dance off to pad out the time again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

What was the glitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

leahyl wrote: »
    That’s nuts, she was miles better than Demi

Maybe it was the Ryan curse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭geminiman63

That was a shocker alright, think the dance offs take place later on in the series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Demi's school friends have clearly been voting in numbers.

Marengo wrote: »
    That's a shock..

Younger viewers voting for Demi?

I think she might get a bit of a Cork vote I've seen a few places mention her online and Cork people are good to vote/enter compositions!

Tough for Eilish, she was streets ahead of Demi.
    People often support the underdog out of sympathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FluffyUnicorn

Cannot believe I have to sit through another Demi dance next week, listen to talk of the Leaving Cert and exams and studying (which I’m trying to get away from by watching this show!) and hear rubbish like “there’s no pleasing some people, apparently” when she complains about Brian’s very fair criticism! All this while an absolute lady like Eilish who’s a very good dancer for her age is voted off...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Maybe Kai is getting a few votes :)

Yes I think so. And on the other side Ryan is very unlikable. I actually think Ryan is the best male dancer but I can't stand him so wouldn't be surprised if he turned voters off while Kai does tbe opposite.

I prefer the dance off system so hope it starts soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,377 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

My God, but this is all very amateur hour compared to the British version :(

Jumped in in the middle on +1, so haven't seen all the dances yet - but I haven't seen a single decent one yet.

Holly just made me realise - there's something about how the (poor) non-pros hold their heads, it's just not natural, looks all stilted.

And wtf was that big surgical brown band on the back of her dress all about??? Did they run out of pink material or what?

Fred Cooke surprisingly light on his feet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

I think she might get a bit of a Cork vote I've seen a few places mention her online and Cork people are good to vote/enter compositions!

Aidan O'Mahony, based in Cork, may have tapped in too. Plus gardai of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Cannot believe I have to sit through another Demi dance next week, listen to talk of the Leaving Cert and exams and studying (which I’m trying to get away from by watching this show!) and hear rubbish like “there’s no pleasing some people, apparently” when she complains about Brian’s very fair criticism! All this while an absolute lady like Eilish who’s a very good dancer for her age is voted off...

You don't have to. You can turn it off for a few minutes maybe?

I am sure Demi is an absolute lady also.. I imagine Eilish was giddy and immature when she was in school also. Comparing them as people is strange.

How long did the blackout last?? I got bored waiting for it all to start up again!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    How long did the blackout last?? I got bored waiting for it all to start up again!

Not long enough

Not long enough

:D

You don't have to. You can turn it off for a few minutes maybe?

I am sure Demi is an absolute lady also.. I imagine Eilish was giddy and immature when she was in school also. Comparing them as people is strange.

I wasn’t comparing them as people, but comparing their dancing and mentioning something that irritates me personally about Demi. Every celebrity has signed up to the same thing and everyone is taking time from personal lives, work, education, whatever to take part. I just don’t want to hear about “oh she’s doing the LC” as an excuse for poor dancing; it was her decision to do the show while doing exams. It’s then sad to see Eilish leave, when she wasn’t the worst dancer (in my opinion).

Aidan O'Mahony, based in Cork, may have tapped in too. Plus gardai of course.

He had lots of cards up his sleeve.
    It's important also for some of the stars to talk on local radio ever Monday about the week to pick up a few votes!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,358 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The forced shouting and hollering and cheering by these imbeciles is fooking cringe...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Really surprised to see Eilish voted out - she was far from the worst dancer and I liked her. Demi was fairly lucky there.

Some good improvements this week from some of the dancers. It was clear from last week that Fred could dance, and he showed it tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

It just goes to show, trying to predict who the public vote for, particularly in the early stages of a a reality show, is very difficult.

Are the three people at the end the definite bottom three, or do producers choose the other two celebrities to put in with the bottom person?

Are the three people at the end the definite bottom three, or do producers choose the other two celebrities to put in with the bottom person?

It says in no particular order at the start of the vote!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Well that was really bloody annoying. Had recorded the show on the Sky box and missed the elimination because it ran over and the box didn't compensate. Pee'd off!!!

Anyhoo, thought Cliona was overmarked and her dance looked like a drunken hooker on the pull in deepest Tyrone.
    Thought Mairead was a bit overmarked too.

Actually, thought the vast majority of dances were weak tonight bar Fred and Jonny (he did need more foxtrot in it).
    Onwards and upwards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

She looks prettier without makeup.

Don't like the name Cliodhna..

Except for those lips!! :eek:

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Peter is turning into a right twinkle toes , love it !!

Thought Peter was very good tonight. He really danced.
    Was sorry he did not get higher marks. :(

dee_mc wrote: »
    This seems a very fast song for a rumba? Very hard to achieve smooth movement to a fast beat.
    As mentioned above, the song choices are always off.

That was more a spectacle than anything else! Did not notice the dancing! :D

Denis Bastick trying to be sexy is never going to work!

Thought Denis looked great! A beautiful figure of a man!!
    Those long legs!! :):)

I enjoyed the dance also. :) Valeria is a brilliant partner.

• Advertisement

From what I know the older women love that look!

:):)

Advertisement