Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,189 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Link to what ? I asked if anyone reads it ? I don't

I dont either hence I thought you were alluding to drama on it!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I looked at Twitter and people don't seem to like her attitude at the end!

Thank you

I dont either hence I thought you were alluding to drama on it!

I don't even know how !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

brooke 2 wrote: »
    :D

Holly Carpenter, granddaughter of a certain Terry Keane. :o

I know well.. sarcasm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I knew there was something a bit 'off' about that bit before Holly and Trent danced where he held her 'love yourself first' makeup bag up to the camera for just a second or two longer than necessary (although to be fair, the fakery that goes on in the pre-dance segments in general is unnecessary at best!) - looks like it's from her 'signature collection' of cosmetic bags... similar models available on her website, currently half price!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I actually thought Holly was the worst tonight - personality vacuum too. She was awful to Trent at the end.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

pinkypinky wrote: »
    I actually thought Holly was the worst tonight - personality vacuum too. She was awful to Trent at the end.

Nobody gives a crap about Trent nobody, if fact he is to blame for exit and therefore is deserving of his treatment

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Alpha_zero wrote: »
    Nobody gives a crap about Trent nobody, if fact he is to blame for exit and therefore is deserving of his treatment

I don't understand your comment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

I watched it again on plus 1.
    I think there's been a bit of an overreaction to the way she took it.
    Obvious disappointment followed by being gracious enough given her disappointment at just being booted.
    But that's just my thoughts, have a blast slagging her:).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Marengo wrote: »
    I know well.. sarcasm :)

Thought so! Hence the :D

• Advertisement

Edward M wrote: »
    I watched it again on plus 1.
    I think there's been a bit of an overreaction to the way she took it.
    Obvious disappointment followed by being gracious enough given her disappointment at just being booted.
    But that's just my thoughts, have a blast slagging her:).

Gosh , I didn't see anything gracious about her at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Gosh , I didn't see anything gracious about her at all

Just my opinion, I respect yours too.
    Being the father of 2 stroppy young wans I have seen it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Guys, the judges are overmarking Cliona, her dance tonight wasn't great at all.
    Demi and Peter were much improved.
    I really cringed at Jonny's attic collection and how camp his dance was. He really over-egged parts of it. Technically though, it was very good.

Holly just didn't come across well when she was eliminated. First bit of personality she's shown all series.

Oh you are entitled to that opinion of course . Had three of my own but would hope they would be more mannerly

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sitkaspruce

Holly and her stink attitude will have cost her any chance of a future on RTE, a totally unlikable and self absorbed character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

“Batman” was a bit intense tonight wasn’t he?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

But she’s 27.. bit old to be acting like a petulant teen. I can appreciate she was gutted to be out but she handled it very badly. Tbh she has come across badly in anything I’ve ever seen her on. She has potential but no talent to back it up. The lights are on but no one’s home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

The models never do well
    honeybear wrote: »
    Agree-Thalia & Alannah were eliminated too early

Thalia got eliminated pretty early but I imagine that's partly because no-one knew who she was. Her last dance (with Curtis) was pretty good.

Allanah lasted quite a good ways into the competition and probably got eliminated a little earlier than she should have but didn't do badly at all.

You could argue that Aoibhin Garrihy is as much a model as an actress and she got to the final.

Holly was simply not very good as a dancer (she admitted the same herself at the start) so can't really argue about her elimination.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Thalia got eliminated pretty early but I imagine that's partly because no-one knew who she was. Her last dance (with Curtis) was pretty good.

Allanah lasted quite a good ways into the competition and probably got eliminated a little earlier than she should have but didn't do badly at all.

You could argue that Aoibhin Garrihy is as much a model as an actress and she got to the final.

Holly was simply not very good as a dancer (she admitted the same herself at the start) so can't really argue about her elimination.

Aoibhinn deserved to win afair (was that the year Aidan won?)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

wawaman wrote: »
    “Batman” was a bit intense tonight wasn’t he?

That's just how he is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

That was the year that the third best contestant and the hottest pro dancer won. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Fishdoodle

Holly did her best ... I'd imagine it must have been pretty stressful to have to swap dancers at short notice - might have suited her all the same with 'switchup' next week. Both her dances were slow ones. If she'd gotten a more fiery fun dance she may well have remained in the competition -would have been fun if she were in costume as a pirate or a biscuit .... something more challenging than a princess.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I'm sure everyone will be tuning in to hear her on with Tubridy in the morning? Hopefully someone will have had a word with her by then. Jennifer Z seemed to have an especially big smirk on her smug face after Holly got booted. Can't say I blame her.

Anyone get a screen grab of Holly's sour face? I have some wine I need turned into vinegar and that would speed up the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

That was so lovely of Johnny's dad giving him the batman ring I read recently that his dad is very seriously ill. No wonder Johnny looks strained at times. Cancer is a horrific disease

DeepBlue wrote: »

Aoibhín was a fabulous dancer and deserved to win. Vitali was her partner. The judges awarded them several tens. I was shocked at the eventual winner - (the GAA garda from Kerry! :rolleyes:) The other girls were not great.

She definitely did!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Aoibhín was a fabulous dancer and deserved to win. Vitali was her partner. The judges awarded them several tens. I was shocked at the eventual winner - (the GAA garda from Kerry! :rolleyes:) The other girls were not great.

I don't know how people were shocked that Aidan won. He was a Garda, Kerry, GAA, become a dad in the middle of it and went into it with very little dance experience and was never in the bottom.

That was so lovely of Johnny's dad giving him the batman ring I read recently that his dad is very seriously ill. No wonder Johnny looks strained at times. Cancer is a horrific disease

Now I really want him to win - he does seem to be very close to his parents.
    He dances well enough to earn the glitter ball. Quite an understatement! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I watched all of season 1 and thought the other female finalist (I can’t remember her name but she was in Love/Hate and Red Rock) who was partnered with Ryan was the best damcer, with Garrihy 2nd. The Garda wasn’t even the best male contestant - the guy from the boy band was far superior.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

For the love of God, Aoibhinn wasn't the best dancer in the first series. Denise was far superior.

Anyway, someone made a comment about how disruptive it must have been for Holly to change partners so close to the show. It shouldn't have made too much of a difference after Week 1.
    After that, all the contestants are learning a new dance every week so they're all on a level playing field again.
    She was quite simply hoping for a romance to happen with her partner and, oh by coincidence, that would have boosted her media profile.
    Once Curtis was injured, bang went her chance because Trent is very happily married.
    It's actually one of the funniest eliminations that's happened in the series.

Advertisement