Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Holly trying not to be bitchy on with Tubs but can’t help herself....

In response to Twitter criticism about her facial expressions after being eliminated:

“I don’t care what some nobody from the back arse of nowhere says about me”

NO Trent accompanying her......interesting! The norm apparently is for BOTH “celeb” and dancer do this interview with Tubs.

Heroditas wrote: »
    For the love of God, Aoibhinn wasn't the best dancer in the first series. Denise was far superior.

Anyway, someone made a comment about how disruptive it must have been for Holly to change partners so close to the show. It shouldn't have made too much of a difference after Week 1.
    After that, all the contestants are learning a new dance every week so they're all on a lovely playing field again.
    She was quite simply hoping for a romance to happen with her partner and, oh by coincidence, that would have boosted her media profile.
    Once Curtis was injured, bang went her chance because Trent is very happily married.
    It's actually one of the funniest eliminations that's happened in the series.

Ah yes, Denise, that was her name!

Tubs having a dig at social media trolls and negative people. Lol.

For the love of God, Aoibhinn wasn't the best dancer in the first series. Denise was far superior.

Anyway, someone made a comment about how disruptive it must have been for Holly to change partners so close to the show. It shouldn't have made too much of a difference after Week 1.
    After that, all the contestants are learning a new dance every week so they're all on a lovely playing field again.
    She was quite simply hoping for a romance to happen with her partner and, oh by coincidence, that would have boosted her media profile.
    Once Curtis was injured, bang went her chance because Trent is very happily married.

You’ve hit the nail on the head there I suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I’m response to Twitter criticism about her facial expressions after being eliminated:
    “I don’t care what some nobody from the back arse of nowhere says about me”

NO Trent accompanying her......interesting! The norm apparently is for BOTH “celeb” and dancer do this interview with Tubs.

Has she no filters or self awareness .?

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »

She was clearly prepped/spoken to for that interview but still the mask slipped a couple of times, but particularly with that comment.

I think it's really insightful that Trent didn't show up for it. First time it's happened apparently.

iamwhoiam wrote: »

She uses lots of filters on her social media pics.....;):D:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

pinkypinky wrote: »
    I actually thought Holly was the worst tonight - personality vacuum too. She was awful to Trent at the end.

Describes her perfectly. Shes a vapid self obsorbed spoilt model.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Such a pity that Holly exhibits as much grace as her grandmother ever did and not her grandfather.

In response to Twitter criticism about her facial expressions after being eliminated:

I don’t care what some nobody from the back arse of nowhere says about me”

Did she really say that ?

• Advertisement

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/tv-radio-web/dancing-with-the-stars-holly-carpenter-voted-off-with-a-chill

t’s movie week on Dancing with the Stars but there’s no Hollywood ending for Holly Carpenter. Instead it’s a case of frights, cameras, action for the former Miss Ireland, who, after a public vote, becomes the second celeb ejected from this year’s competition.

“I’m gutted – I’m so devastated,” says Carpenter, standing beside her dance partner Trent Whiddon. She adds that she has really enjoyed herself “and all that stuff I’m supposed to say… but yeah, I’m gutted.”

She comes across, its fair to state, as utterly unimpressed at flunking out after just four episodes. If looks could chill, presenters Nicky Byrne and Jennifer Zamparelli would be lightly dusted in ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The same “nobodies from the back arse of nowhere” that she was begging for votes off every week?
    No matter how good looking she appears to be, she’s so petulant and arrogant that she loses all superficial attraction.

threein99 wrote: »

Ah, yeah; I didn’t just make it up. :confused:

You can listen back if you don’t believe me.

Ah, yeah; I didn’t just make it up. :confused:

You can listen back if you don’t believe me.

I believe you, cant believe she would say something like that.

I don't watch this show but used to follow her Instagram before I deleted my account and she was unbearable, she quickly becomes unattractive once you see how self obsorbed she is. Her life seems to revolve around make up, getting ready and moaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

threein99 wrote: »

No.

Edward M wrote: »
    No.

She did actually.

She did actually.

I was listening, she never said "nobody", she said randomer.
    If you are going to quote at least use the right words.
    And in the context of the interview she handled it well enough I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,636 ✭✭✭obi604

After that, all the contestants are learning a new dance every week so they're all on a level playing field again.

Don’t forget all the “stress” it must have caused her.
    God help us all !!!

Apologies for misquoting one word. I can see that changes the quote materially and substantively.

Oh, wait.....

• Advertisement

That’s still just as rude to be fair. Do you have a little crush Edward :pac:

Apologies for misquoting one word. I can see that changes the quote materially and substantively.

Oh, wait.....

I agree, its still insulting the same people she was begging votes last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

I listened to half the interview. She's self obsessed.

'Randomner from the back arse of nowhere'. Translation unlike me a celebrity from a fashionable, well to do area.

The way she fliters through boyfriends, doesn't know what she wants. A good kick up the ar*e would be a start.

Marengo wrote: »

'Randomner from the back arse of nowhere'. Translation unlike me a celebrity from a fashionable, well to do area.

The way she fliters through boyfriends, doesn't know what she wants. A good kick up the ar*e would be a start.

or a slap with wet tea towel as my Gran would say .

Marengo wrote: »

She said she didnt want to use the change of partner excuse but she pretty much said she would have done better with her original dancer :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

She seems horrible I’m glad she’s gone now.

Oh, wait.....

Well it did, insert bolox or sh**head perhaps?

Well it did, insert bolox or sh**head perhaps?

It didnt change the quote meaning that much, whether is was randomer or nobody, the same thing would still be implied from the quote.

That’s still just as rude to be fair. Do you have a little crush Edward :pac:

Ah no retro, fair enough she lost, but a lot are summing her up and judging this girl purely on her reaction to losing.
    I think once you go beyond the remit of the thread as to dancing with the stars it's being a bit of character assassination as well outside that.
    I didn't know her even before this prog, and she isn't a good dancer, can see why she lost, but can see why she would react as she did too.

• Advertisement

Ah no retro, fair enough she lost, but a lot are summing her up and judging this girl purely on her reaction to losing.
    I think once you go beyond the remit of the thread as to dancing with the stars it's being a bit of character assassination as well outside that.
    I didn't know her even before this prog, and she isn't a good dancer, can see why she lost, but can see why she would react as she did too.

Fair enough but many of us were familiar with her before the show and her reaction just confirmed what we believed her to be all along. It’s nothing personal against her. I wish her well and have no interest in her life. She just happened to be on a show I watch and I didn’t find her one bit pleasant once the mask slipped. Anyway, sick of talking about her now :pac:

Advertisement