Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Heroditas wrote: »
    For the love of God, Aoibhinn wasn't the best dancer in the first series. Denise was far superior.
    A bit like Johnny in this series Denise had some dancing experience prior to doing the show so you would expect her to be a bit better. I think we can all agree that both were better than Aidan. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Heroditas wrote: »
    For the love of God, Aoibhinn wasn't the best dancer in the first series. Denise was far superior.
    A bit like Johnny in this series Denise had some dancing experience prior to doing the show so you would expect her to be a bit better. I think we can all agree that both were better than Aidan. :)

A wardrobe with a wonky castor wheel would have been better than Aidan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Edward M wrote: »
    Ah no retro, fair enough she lost, but a lot are summing her up and judging this girl purely on her reaction to losing.
    I think once you go beyond the remit of the thread as to dancing with the stars it's being a bit of character assassination as well outside that.
    I didn't know her even before this prog, and she isn't a good dancer, can see why she lost, but can see why she would react as she did too.

I don't know Ed... my way of looking at it is, she was paid to do the show, the trade-off being that she had the opportunity to boost her profile. Instead she chose to portray herself as a victim - fair enough, she entered the show at a disadvantage as she had to get to grips with a new partner at short notice, but she carried on complaining about that situation for a bit too long IMO which made it hard to like her.
    I think she was encouraged to play up the 'diva' persona for the cameras (as seen in the pre-dance segment shown last night) and that didn't do her any favours. Then, to cap it all, she was rude and cold when it was announced that she was eliminated. She could've gone for damage limitation when she was interviewed this morning, but no, she let her anger and arrogance shine through again.
    The woman (not girl - she's 27) doesn't have the smarts to use a show like DWTS to show herself in her best light, so instead she ended up exposing herself as rude and ungracious. Going by comments here, something similar happened when she appeared on a modeling show in the UK.
    At the end of the day she wasn't a great dancer, like many of us aren't, but the judges picked up on the fact that she just wasn't trying hard enough, either (remember all those comments about commitment?).
    I don't see the point in making excuses for her, to be honest. I wish her well in whatever she does next, but I think doing this show might get the message through that live TV isn't for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

dee_mc wrote: »
    I don't know Ed... my way of looking at it is, she was paid to do the show, the trade-off being that she had the opportunity to boost her profile. Instead she chose to portray herself as a victim - fair enough, she entered the show at a disadvantage as she had to get to grips with a new partner at short notice, but she carried on complaining about that situation for a bit too long IMO which made it hard to like her.
    I think she was encouraged to play up the 'diva' persona for the cameras (as seen in the pre-dance segment shown last night) and that didn't do her any favours. Then, to cap it all, she was rude and cold when it was announced that she was eliminated. She could've gone for damage limitation when she was interviewed this morning, but no, she let her anger and arrogance shine through again.
    The woman (not girl - she's 27) doesn't have the smarts to use a show like DWTS to show herself in her best light, so instead she ended up exposing herself as rude and ungracious. Going by comments here, something similar happened when she appeared on a modeling show in the UK.
    At the end of the day she wasn't a great dancer, like many of us aren't, but the judges picked up on the fact that she just wasn't trying hard enough, either (remember all those comments about commitment?).
    I don't see the point in making excuses for her, to be honest. I wish her well in whatever she does next, but I think doing this show might get the message through that live TV isn't for her.

She was eliminated first on Celebrity Master Chef last year as well, she needs to leave the reality tv shows alone :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

threein99 wrote: »
    She was eliminated first on Celebrity Master Chef last year as well, she needs to leave the reality tv shows alone :D:D
    Is there no beginning to her talents? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Vicarious Function

Fair enough but many of us were familiar with her before the show and her reaction just confirmed what we believed her to be all along. It’s nothing personal against her. I wish her well and have no interest in her life. She just happened to be on a show I watch and I didn’t find her one bit pleasant once the mask slipped. Anyway, sick of talking about her now :pac:

So! On to find someone else to belittle!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

tumblr_mo25ik2CkB1qzvju0o2_250.gif

So! On to find someone else to belittle!

The irony of you saying that while singling out my post amongst all the others criticising her behaviour :pac:

Na I’m just glad she was made walk the plank. She was decent at dancing but hadn’t a patch on the others. Heard her on the clip there with Ryan, seemed to think her scores should have been salive8 out of ten. Notions.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Looks like Curtis is back next week.

Must be disappointing for him. His partners have never made it past the second elimination

The irony of you saying that while singling out my post amongst all the others criticising her behaviour :pac:

Na I’m just glad she was made walk the plank. She was decent at dancing but hadn’t a patch on the others. Heard her on the clip there with Ryan, seemed to think her scores should have been salive8 out of ten. Notions.

You were the first to start off a series, by first stating that she was "furious" and next, that she was "rude". I watched the same show and went over that section twice. I would have said she was "surprised", "disappointed" - something like that. And that would have been the end of it. But that's not what social media is about. All it needs is someone to start off a negative train. and then the others fall in line to continue it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

You were the first to start off a series, by first stating that she was "furious" and next, that she was "rude". I watched the same show and went over that section twice. I would have said she was "surprised", "disappointed" - something like that. And that would have been the end of it. But that's not what social media is about. All it needs is someone to start off a negative train. and then the others fall in line to continue it.

She was rude , she handled herself badly and all but dismisses Trent with a token " he was great " . I have no interest in social media trends or see FB or Twitter . I make up my own mind about behaviour and know rude when I see it

Her words " yeh its been great or whatever words I am supposed to say " were rude and ungrateful and petulant
    I have seen young kids voted out of competitions behave better than she did

Good for you, do you want a medal? People can think differently shocker..
    I stand by everything I said, and you seem to be in the minority with your views. I think you need to get over it. Are you saying the other posters here are so brain dead they have no mind or opinion of their own? Strange waffle out of you but can’t say I’m surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,603 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sometimes with these series there's a contestant you might not like. This could be for various reasons and no matter how many times you try and explain yourself some people can't accept it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

Sometimes with these series there's a contestant you might not like. This could be for various reasons and no matter how many times you try and explain yourself some people can't accept it.

That's exactly it freshpopcorn. On occasion we may know someone, who we trust as a reliable source, who had dealings with a 'celeb' that wasn't too pleasant also.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: Hey guys, you both reported each other's posts. Since you're butting heads, I suggest stop interacting with each other.

Marengo wrote: »
    That's exactly it freshpopcorn. On occasion we may know someone, who we trust as a reliable source, who had dealings with a 'celeb' that weren't too pleasant also.

A reliable source - of what? So a person's reputation can be downgraded and taken for gospel by a load of followers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

A reliable source - of what? So a person's reputation can be downgraded and taken for gospel by a load of followers?

Ok. Say your best friend tells you some person was really rude to them. I presume you'd trust them, otherwise why would they be a close friend?

Who said anything about followers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Am happy that most of you now see the real Dollybird Carpenter. I said before she didn’t like Trent and was hoping for a showmance with Curtis. She probably would have even had a real romance with him if he wanted, as she will only date guys who are somewhat famous. You could tell also that Trent didn’t like her, tho he stayed professional. How could he like her when she was always going on about Curtis coming back. Anyone who looks at her Instagram or Twitter can she it’s all me, me, me. This whole follower concept is really unhealthy as it creates spoilt monsters like her. Look at BINTM when she was on it, she hasn’t changed except she knows a bit more now about how to put on makeup. She was a ‘mean girl’ back then thinking she was better than others and she still is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Anyone going online for switch up week? I think I'll throw my suggested pairs out there and see if I manage to pick any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Anyone going online for switch up week? I think I'll throw my suggested pairs out there and see if I manage to pick any of them.

Oh I didn't realize who could do ! I will pop over there and see whats what

• Advertisement

Holly is on Today with Maura and Daithi now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Can we stop fighting and just appreciate Vitali in those white trousers :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭Rfrip

368100 wrote: »

Amen

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Nah , prefer Peter Stringer myself :D
    It's an age thing , don't worry ;)

Holly is on Today with Maura and Daithi now!

I'd rather Ksenia!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭Azatadine

I'd rather Ksenia!

Valeria for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I'll take Emily so :D

Thanked in agreement but let it be known that my opinions are my own and your post didn’t brainwash me even though I feel the same as you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,189 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I actually think that it wasn't just Holly that people didn't vote for.
    Trent didn't seem to come across as having much of a personality. He was very one dimensional imo.
    Holly is a total wodden person anyhow.
    No connection to audience or Trent.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

I don't know how people were shocked that Aidan won. He was a Garda, Kerry, GAA, become a dad in the middle of it and went into it with very little dance experience and was never in the bottom.

In my naivety, I thought the best dancer might have won! I know better now!! ;)

Advertisement