Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

brooke 2 wrote: »
    In my naivety, I thought the best dancer might have won! I know better now!! ;)

My mother (rather disgustedly) said "it's not a dancing competition, it's a popularity contest".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

I watched all of season 1 and thought the other female finalist (I can’t remember her name but she was in Love/Hate and Red Rock) who was partnered with Ryan was the best damcer, with Garrihy 2nd. The Garda wasn’t even the best male contestant - the guy from the boy band was far superior.

Denise McCormack. She was very good also. I would have been happy to see her win, as it was very close between her and Aoibhín. But my preference was for Aoibhín. Loved her and Vitali together. :)

Dayl Cronin was the dancer from the boyband. My Tipperary cousins were gutted when he was eliminated. He was much better than the eventual winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,602 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Denise McCormack. She was very good also. I would have been happy to see her win, as it was very close between her and Aoibhín. But my preference was for Aoibhín. Loved her and Vitali together. :)

Dayl Cronin was the dancer from the boyband. My Tipperary cousins were gutted when he was eliminated. He was much better than the eventual winner.

I'm not really in the mood for getting into a debate about this now but I had a fair idea Aidan would win with the people who were in the final because I heard a good few people dislike them for various reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

I'm not really in the mood for getting into a debate about this now but I had a fair idea Aidan would win with the people who were in the final because I heard a good few people dislike them for various reasons.

I had an idea that one of them did not seem to be too popular with the other contestants - as in few/none of them mentioned her as a possible winner.

As ButterSuki's mother said: 'It's a popularity contest.'

I had an idea that one of them did not seem to be too popular with the other contestants - as in few/none of them mentioned her as a possible winner.

It's reality TV tough.
    Lots of factors are taken into consideration when people are casting there votes.
    Likeability, the song on the night, etc are all interpreted by the public.

The professionals do dance competitions and are marked by professional and not general members of the public.
    They are also graded better if it was a professional dancing competition there's no way Johnny Ward and Dennis Bastick would be in the same category.

• Advertisement

The theme this week is a song from a memorable year in your life!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,377 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Missed the show this week - have just come across the replay, and it would appear I didn't miss much (might have to stay tuned to see the elimination :D)

Mother of God, the music though - making Mairead dance tango to Pretty Woman - seriously??? I'd be hard pushed to think of a less tango- like song!

I'm losing all interest if I'm honest, it's like a cheap amateurish rip off of the real thing.

Jennifer (when she's not screeching, which I'm attributing to nervous energy, and presumably will calm down at some point) is the most natural and professional thing about the whole show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I'm losing all interest if I'm honest, it's like a cheap amateurish rip off of the real

That's exactly what it is!
    I enjoy Julian (I've warmed to him since he returned after his break in last year's series, couldn't handle him before that!) and Jennifer is ok, just about; some of the pro dancers are good value, but other than that it's only just about bearable.
    The pre dance segments are horrible - they really phone it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭deisemum

It's got Vitali and Kai, what's not to like ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FluffyUnicorn

Which one was that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

Would Clelia be that person?
    her name is never thrown out there when asked for winners its usually Cliona and Johnny but after she topped the leader board/highest in the series (so far) last weekend she might be in with a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Hope they don’t bring holly the dollybird princess back just because Curtis is back.

dee_mc wrote: »
    That's exactly what it is!
    I enjoy Julian (I've warmed to him since he returned after his break in last year's series, couldn't handle him before that!) and Jennifer is ok, just about; some of the pro dancers are good value, but other than that it's only just about bearable.
    The pre dance segments are horrible - they really phone it in.

Julian is the star of the show, no question. I’ve known of him for donkeys years - he’s been around a long time, though not mainstream. I said during season 1 they should give him some sort of irreverent or light-hearted chat show, I think he’d excel in that type of situation. A Graham Norton lite type thing, or perhaps even something a little bitchier.

When you think of some of the “talent” RTÉ have shows to, they could do an awful lot worse than give him a trial.

Hope they don’t bring holly the dollybird princess back just because Curtis is back.

I read somewhere that they'll be dancing together in the group number on the final show of the series, but that's it.

She’ll be there in the background (she said so on Tubs on Monday) fake smiling through gritted teeth but she won’t be competing. But she won’t care because she doesn’t care what some nobody randomer from the back arse of nowhere thinks about her.

Julian is the star of the show, no question. I’ve known of him for donkeys years - he’s been around a long time, though not mainstream. I said during season 1 they should give him some sort of irreverent or light-hearted chat show, I think he’d excel in that type of situation. A Graham Norton lite type thing, or perhaps even something a little bitchier.

When you think of some of the “talent” RTÉ have shows to, they could do an awful lot worse than give him a trial.

I was thinking the same - maybe in the Summer instead of wheeling Miriam out again they could get a number of personalities to each guest-present a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭golfball37

Holly lasted longer than I thought. As predicted the voting demographic doesn’t like confident, beautiful young women. If Holly wasn’t so gorgeous she would have stayed a bit longer. Sad really it probably comes down to jealousy.

The show is poorer for her exit, far poorer. Julian and Brian are keeping it lit just about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Holly is gorgeous but she is vapid and unlikeable. That blonde one is gorgeous too. In a world where pouting and getting your arse out on the gram can make you “famous”, it’s refreshing to see you need a bit more than that off social media. She was judged on her personality and talent and no, that doesn’t make the judges jellus haters

golfball37 wrote: »
    Holly lasted longer than I thought. As predicted the voting demographic doesn’t like confident, beautiful young women. If Holly wasn’t so gorgeous she would have stayed a bit longer. Sad really it probably comes down to jealousy.

The show is poorer for her exit, far poorer. Julian and Brian are keeping it lit just about

Hi Holly!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Just watching Can't Stop Dancing and Holly was like a different person , she came across quite well and even a bit of craic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,636 ✭✭✭obi604

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Just watching Can't Stop Dancing and Holly was like a different person , she came across quite well and even a bit of craic

Probably when the majority of people thinks she is a Cnut, she must have thought to herself, I better stop being one for once, Might get me more instagram followers.

obi604 wrote: »
    Probably when the majority of people thinks she is a Cnut, she must have thought to herself, I better stop being one for once, Might get me more instagram followers.
    It was straight after the show , still in their costumes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I hope Curtis has a girlfriend and some sense, as Holly the dollybird self obsessed princess has already decided he is going to be her next boyfriend. Run Curtis.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,636 ✭✭✭obi604

It was straight after the show , still in their costumes

2 minutes can be a long time in the instagram world.

Really? Parts of the conversation were fine, but a good bit of it was her whinging about her scores and the “judges smudges”, totally annoying. Never heard any other eliminated celeb talk like that.

Really? Parts of the conversation were fine, but a good bit of it was her whinging about her scores and the “judges smudges”, totally annoying. Never heard any other eliminated celeb talk like that.

Just thought she was at least a bit more human !!

Okay, in fairness I had that paused just before the armpit bit of the interview, and she did come across well there. If that’s her actual personality she really needs to work on bringing it out more, it was very different to how she appeared on the main show itself.

Okay, in fairness I had that paused just before the armpit bit of the interview, and she did come across well there. If that’s her actual personality she really needs to work on bringing it out more, it was very different to how she appeared on the main show itself.

Yeh thats was my impression too , she was far more relaxed and ordinary .Onw the show I found her a cold fish

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Holly was a good dancer. It's supposed to be a dancing competition.

• Advertisement

Its so annoying when you can see someone had posted but cannot read that post . Only happens on the phone mobile site

Advertisement