Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Holly was a good dancer. It's supposed to be a dancing competition.

Its not just a dancing competition though , otherwise we would have a line up of Billy Barry trained contestants

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Holly’s last 2 dances were boring how can anyone say they were good. Why can’t I get that pointless image of dolly staring vacantly at the glass flower box out of my head?? I think dolly is a fembot from the planet Instradolly where she rules over all her followers and they cannot do anything but reply to her self absorbed posts telling her how beautiful she is.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Can't we get past Holly now and look forward to the next episode?

Genealogy Forum Mod

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Can't we get past Holly now and look forward to the next episode?
    No.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Just watching Can't Stop Dancing and Holly was like a different person , she came across quite well and even a bit of craic

Thought she was lovely. She is gorgeous. Even felt sorry for her when the tears started. :o

• Advertisement

Really? Parts of the conversation were fine, but a good bit of it was her whinging about her scores and the “judges smudges”, totally annoying. Never heard any other eliminated celeb talk like that.

To be honest, I thought she came across as more genuine. It must be devastating to be eliminated. She made no secret that she was heartbroken. Some of the contestants come across as very false when they say things like 'I've enjoyed the experience and meeting all these lovely people'!! Especially when you have heard the same thing from most of the ones who have gone before them!! As Holly said: 'All those things you're supposed to say'!! :D

Just thought she was at least a bit more human !!

Same here!

Okay, in fairness I had that paused just before the armpit bit of the interview, and she did come across well there. If that’s her actual personality she really needs to work on bringing it out more, it was very different to how she appeared on the main show itself.

The other contestants seemed to think she was great craic. I could see nothing wrong in anything she said. She was telling it like it was, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Just watching Can't Stop Dancing and Holly was like a different person , she came across quite well and even a bit of craic
    It was straight after the show , still in their costumes
    Really? Parts of the conversation were fine, but a good bit of it was her whinging about her scores and the “judges smudges”, totally annoying. Never heard any other eliminated celeb talk like that.
    Just thought she was at least a bit more human !!
    Okay, in fairness I had that paused just before the armpit bit of the interview, and she did come across well there. If that’s her actual personality she really needs to work on bringing it out more, it was very different to how she appeared on the main show itself.
    Yeh thats was my impression too , she was far more relaxed and ordinary .Onw the show I found her a cold fish
    brooke 2 wrote: »
    Thought she was lovely. She is gorgeous. Even felt sorry for her when the tears started. :o
    To be honest, I thought she came across as more genuine. It must be devastating to be eliminated. She made no secret that she was heartbroken. Some of the contestants come across as very false when they say things like 'I've enjoyed the experience and meeting all these lovely people'!! Especially when you have heard the same thing from most of the ones who have gone before them!! As Holly said: 'All those things you're supposed to say'!! :D
    The other contestants seemed to think she was great craic. I could see nothing wrong in anything she said. She was telling it like it was, imo.

I would imagine she had been told how poorly she came across last Sunday and adjusted accordingly. Don't be fooled.

Don't forget - she doesn't care about you because you're all a bunch of nobodies randomers from the back arse of nowhere (sic).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

I would imagine she had been told how poorly she came across last Sunday and adjusted accordingly. Don't be fooled.

Don't forget - she doesn't care about you because you're all a bunch of nobodies from the back arse of nowhere (sic).

Jesus you really have a downer on poor Holly.
    As was pointed out before she didn't say "nobodies".
    I'd agree with her to a point, like as to say I couldn't give damn what Holly would think of me either.

• Advertisement

Edward M wrote: »
    Jesus you really have a downer on poor Holly.
    As was pointed out before she didn't say "nobodies".
    I'd agree with her to a point, like as to say I couldn't give damn what Holly would think of me either.

Apologies, genuine error, it was late. As I said before though, it doesn’t materially change the meaning of what she said.

You may not care about what she thinks of you, but you seem to care a lot about what others think of her.

Apologies, genuine error, it was late. As I said before though, it doesn’t materially change the meaning of what she said.

You may not care about what she thinks of you, but you seem to care a lot about what others think of her.

Not at all, I just wonder why someone, anyone would be so intent on making her out to be the devil woman virtually because of her reaction to being booted off dwts.
    It just seems ott to me.
    You've singled out virtually every post that had anything positive to say about her and negatised them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Edward she doesn’t come across as particularly nice on her social media either I think it’s probably a combination of both. Though I don’t get the hate. I wouldn’t have voted for her but wouldn’t have thought about her again once she was voted off. Hope Demi goes this week

• Registered Users Posts: 30,603 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

She was on Maura and Daithi on Monday and she basically said that's how I always am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Isn't she knocked out................ This thread has just descended into a hyperbole online witchhunt now. She didn't come across at all well last week and probably is a product of the social environment she lives in but it has gone to the stage that people are analysing any word, body movement, facial expression to psychoanalyse her.

taking her a bit seriously, no?

Even when she comes across relatively normal, people are dismissing it on the basis that she was told how to respond?

Some posters on gere are hateful for the sake of it

She doesn't present herself as great company from what we have seen but neither does she present herself as a bad person but I don't see what the obsession is, particularly with one poster who continually and plain weird and pervertely has to get their hatred towards her across.

I imagine it is someone that has had a run in with her and has developed a weird obsession. starting a membership on here a few weeks ago (or joining again after being banned for similar behaviour) just to bash her. A large percentage of his posts dedicated to her. And yes, Manure, I am talking about you.

Edward she doesn’t come across as particularly nice on her social media either I think it’s probably a combination of both. Though I don’t get the hate. I wouldn’t have voted for her but wouldn’t have thought about her again once she was voted off. Hope Demi goes this week

OK shoes, tbf I know nothing of her outside dwts so can't comment on that at all.
    I just the reaction to how she acted after that was a bit ott on the negative side, I can understand her obvious disappointment and thought she handled that honestly

Edward M wrote: »
    Not at all, I just wonder why someone, anyone would be so intent on making her out to be the devil woman virtually because of her reaction to being booted off dwts.
    It just seems ott to me.
    You've singled out virtually every post that had anything positive to say about her and negatised them all.

I'm not trying to make her out to be a devil woman; just not fooled by her act...unlike some.

I collated those posts as they largely said the same thing and just replied to them all as one. Nothing other than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Mossed Sunday night, just catching repeat now. Demi did very well I thought. ...but wtf is she doing with her facial expressions. Jesus love close yer gob.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FluffyUnicorn

Predictions for next elimination?

Also, has everyone voted for switch-up week? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Icsics

Holly was very ungracious, glad she's gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

I wonder will Fred be voted off tomorrow night. I don't want him to go.
    Denis I feel should go he looks stiff on the dance floor. I had high hopes for him initially.
    I can't believe he is still working his 9-5pm job and train on top of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

As long as Fitali is still in, that’s all that matters

For those people saying we shouldn't still be talking about Holly's reaction.
    If RTE stopped repeating it. People might move on sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Did they edit Holly reaction in repeat ? Because I didn't see anything other than her appearing really devastated at being knocked out. Did I miss something ?

Just to add I'm in no way a fan. Can't be listening to her kinda people .

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FluffyUnicorn

I wonder will Fred be voted off tomorrow night. I don't want him to go.
    Denis I feel should go he looks stiff on the dance floor. I had high hopes for him initially.
    I can't believe he is still working his 9-5pm job and train on top of it all.

I would hate it if Fred goes, he's really the second-best male dancer in my opinion. I agree re. Denis but I think his support will keep him in. Demi to go maybe?

When is the dance-off kicking in?

When is the dance-off kicking in?

I think in previous years it there people went home before the dance off. I haven't heard them on about the dance off yet.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

About week 5 or 6 for the dance-off.

Genealogy Forum Mod

You can expect to see Holly the Dollybird self appointed princess of Ireland sitting in the crowd tonight staring at Curtis hoping she can still get her showmance to sell to the papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,377 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

You can expect to see Holly the Dollybird self appointed princess of Ireland sitting in the crowd tonight staring at Curtis hoping she can still get her showmance to sell to the papers.

What on earth is your obsession with Holly and her (supposed) wish to start a romance with Curtis? :confused:

It's getting kinda creepy (not to mention boring) at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Maybe man vs manure can do a foxtrot to “Let It Go” :D

Advertisement