Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Johnny is a clearly a technically good dancer but his performances are not enjoyable to watch and that's an important part of executing a routine too. The criticism of his content for both foxtrot and cha cha was valid I think, but really that's Emily's fault not his. I don't think it's fair to penalise the celeb for that unless the reason is leaving out core content they're unable to manage, which is clearly not the case here. Johnny seems to have a big fan base on twitter so he'll be alright fot a while yet anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

honeybear wrote: »
    On catchup. Not a Johnny fan, but isn't it Emily's responsibility re choreography?

The choreography was fine, it was the amount of attack he went with, noticeably way more than Emily

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Jonny is trying way to hard imo .
    It's as if even though he knows he can dance , he's insecure about his capabilities and is over compensating with every step .

Hope that makes sense :o

• Registered Users Posts: 30,603 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

CFlat wrote: »
    You've posted nearly 10 times in the last two pages. Are you sure it's not all about you?

Yes, it's all about me! I'm a horrible person!

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Jonny is trying way to hard imo .
    It's as if even though he knows he can dance , he's insecure about his capabilities and is over compensating with every step .

Hope that makes sense :o

Yes, he could be semi professional nearly. If he forgot some of the stuff he knew it would benefit him! It's like he's not learning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭Icsics

She'd have school voting for her and I've seen Shopping Centers/business mention her.

She's visiting schools & takes out ads in local papers

Icsics wrote: »
    She's visiting schools & takes out ads in local papers

Yes, all these things help. Even doing a chat on local radio/etc. These people are generally good to vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I think the wrong person went tonight. Demi should have gone not Darren. Fair play to Darren he seems to be a lovely man.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Yes, he could be semi professional nearly. If he forgot some of the stuff he knew it would benefit him! It's like he's not learning.

Exactly , I'm beginning to feel sorry for him tbh , he just needs to let up on the "attacking" the dance . Go back to basics as if he's only learning for the first time .

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sitkaspruce

I'll miss Karen and her innovative routines every week. Was hoping shed dance with Johnny Travolta next week.

• Advertisement

I think the wrong person went tonight. Demi should have gone not Darren. Fair play to Darren he seems to be a lovely man.

Yes, It's just what happens when you leave it to a public vote lots of aspects come into it!
    I got to like him on this but the programs he's on aren't generally for me.
    Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Exactly , I'm beginning to feel sorry for him tbh , he just needs to let up on the "attacking" the dance . Go back to basics as if he's only learning for the first time .

It's very hard to knock that out of people I find. It just seems to be him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

I'll miss Karen and her innovative routines every week. Was hoping shed dance with Johnny Travolta next week.

That conversation wouldn’t have been awkward at all!!
    Hi I’m BATMAN...........sorry I mean Johnny, did I mention that Im wrecked ?
    “Will ya bleeding get away outa that”

wawaman wrote: »
    That conversation wouldn’t have been awkward at all!!
    Hi I’m BATMAN...........sorry I mean Johnny, did I mention that Im wrecked ?
    “Will ya bleeding get away outa that”

All I'll say is there would have been some battle to see who could get their face on screen.

Am I the only one who can't stand the way certain dancers sing along to the songs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

All I'll say is there would have been some battle to see who could get their face on screen.

Am I the only one who can't stand the way certain dancers sing along to the songs?

I imagine it is to pace their timing of moves to the dance sequence / music. I'd say they all do it in their heads, demi just seems to lip synch it

I imagine it is to pace their timing to the moves. I'd say they all do it in their heads, demi just seems to lip synch it

I just find it very off putting to be honest. I can't be the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rmgblue

I just find it very off putting to be honest. I can't be the only one.

You’re not!
    I can’t bare it

Did anybody actually vote for the switching challenge?
    I take it there's no elimination next week so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Did anybody actually vote for the switching challenge?
    I take it there's no elimination next week so.
    Is the switch next week. When do we find out who is dancing with who. Voted Johnny to be with Karen. Will she still be able to do it ?

Is the switch next week. When do we find out who is dancing with who. Voted Johnny to be with Karen. Will she still be able to do it ?

I got the impression it was but I'm not 100%.
    It may be on Can't Stop Dancing on Friday or bits may pop up online.
    They'll discuss the show with James Tomorrow on Today with M&D.
    I'd say they all manage it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I voted for Johnny to dance with Karen too! No idea who my other pairings were, I just wanted to see those two dance together once!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

dee_mc wrote: »

I voted for Johnny to dance with Karen too! No idea who my other pairings were, I just wanted to see those two dance together once!
    Loads of people I know voted for Johnny and Karen. Hope she can still do it. Would be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Loads of people I know voted for Johnny and Karen. Hope she can still do it. Would be interesting.

Not a Johnny or Karen fan

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

The voting page doesn't have the eliminated people in it - apart from Darren & Karen because voting was open from last week.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    What on earth is your obsession with Holly and her (supposed) wish to start a romance with Curtis? :confused:

It's getting kinda creepy (not to mention boring) at this stage.

+100

Marengo wrote: »
    The dreaded '666' ;)

The judges have been very stingy with their marks so far tonight. I thought Peter and Darren deserved higher marks.....but, what do I know?? :D

brooke 2 wrote: »
    The judges have been very stingy with their marks so far tonight. I thought Peter and Darren deserved higher marks.....but, what do I know?? :D

I used have a teacher and if I got 60% in a test she'd have written Excellent but if other students got in the 80% she'd have written Very good.
    Her comment was generally on what she knew we were capable of. I think the judges do this sometimes.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    That was a big improvement from Demi . Bless her

I had not known Demi's father was deceased. She often mentions that she wants to make her Dad proud. I always presumed he was alive.

I know nawthing!

I know the feeling! :pac:

Fair point, but there’s an awful lot more GAA people in the country than Gardai.

Actually there’s a crime the Gardai should investigate - the daylight robbery committed by Aidan in DWTSI. :pac:

:pac::pac:

• Advertisement

A lot seem to run after Vitali;)

But....he is gorgeous!! :pac:

Advertisement