Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I gave you the male Holly!

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

JOKE!

Ah don't burst my little bubble! Maybe they haven't a clue. I walked into the stationery room on the way home instead of out the main door with excitement :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I’m really surprised how likeable the contestants and partners are this year. Usually, there are a few that annoy me. I still think it’s not a patch on SCD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,771 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

honeybear wrote: »
    I’m really surprised how likeable the contestants and partners are this year. Usually, there are a few that annoy me. I still think it’s not a patch on SCD

I like everybody this year apart from one.(I just can't get into them) There was a few I wasn't gone on/knew much about and they grew me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

I agree. He reminds me a little of aidan turner.

Yes, good call! I had to look up a few pics of Robert for, ahem, comparison...(oh my!) and I saw he was dance partner of Dianne Buswell (aka Reddo, off Strictly). Didn’t know that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

First switch up couple has been revealed - Johnny and Ksenia. I saw it on Instagram, not sure if that's where it was originally revealed though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Driving to work this morning and outside liffey trust studios drove past Vitali.....smoking no less.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

368100 wrote: »
    Driving to work this morning and outside liffey trust studios drove past Vitali.....smoking no less.

Smoking hot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Azatadine

His wife is smoking hot anyway. Valeria.

368100 wrote: »

You'd be surprised at some of the sports people out there that smokes.
    Unlike the UK tough the media doesn't really care here.

• Advertisement

First switch up couple has been revealed - Johnny and Ksenia. I saw it on Instagram, not sure if that's where it was originally revealed though.

Height wise they’d be good I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Didn't contribute at all to the thread at all last week. Bit sad to see Darren go because he's a very bubbly personality and came across very well. Not particularly sorry to see the back of Karen though. That should bring her back down to earth for a bit. She was believing a bit too much of her own hype.
    Jonny's dance - oh how I cringed. There was even more ham in it than his Batman one. He really needs to dial down the cheesy facial expressions and over-acting. Delighted to see he's with Ksenia this week. I'm expecting the best mark of the series so far in Sunday as a result.
    Didn't like Mairead's dance but not because of the quality. It's just not my cup of tea.
    Glad to see that Clelia knows her daughter's surname... or maybe she doesn't and she needs to keep saying it.
    Demi is slowly but surely improving!
    Denis - best dance so far from him but he really is a Black Home of Personality. He gets his highest score by far and barely a smile registers on his face accompanied by a limp fist pump. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Heroditas wrote: »
    Didn't contribute at all to the thread at all last week. Bit sad to see Darren go because he's a very bubbly personality and came across very well. Not particularly sorry to see the back of Karen though. That should bring her back down to earth for a bit. She was believing a bit too much of her own hype.
    Jonny's dance - oh how I cringed. There was even more ham in it than his Batman one. He really needs to dial down the cheesy facial expressions and over-acting. Delighted to see he's with Ksenia this week. I'm expecting the best mark of the series so far in Sunday as a result.
    Didn't like Mairead's dance but not because of the quality. It's just not my cup of tea.
    Glad to see that Clelia knows her daughter's surname... or maybe she doesn't and she needs to keep saying it.
    Demi is slowly but surely improving!
    Denis - best dance so far from him but he really is a Black Home of Personality. He gets his highest score by far and barely a smile registers on his face accompanied by a limp fist pump. :D
    The dance of the series for me so far was Johnny and Emily doing batman. It was brilliant. Voted for Johnny to be with Karen this weekend. Would have been interesting to see them together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭blueberrypie

Still no word on tickets.
    Demi or Dennis to go tomorrow night.

Im thinking if Mairead keeps going the way she is going she will win the show.
    I can see her and Johnny in the final.

There were tears in my house (not from me) last Sunday night when Darren and Karen were voted out. My 8 year old was rooting for Karen again this year.

My 6 year was bawling last night when Fred was matched with Emily. She was afraid Emily would be voted off.

Am I right in saying when your dance partner is switched for the week you cant be voted off?

Its funny how the younger viewers don't go for the celeb personalities they go for the dancers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Still no word on tickets.
    Demi or Dennis to go tomorrow night.

Im thinking if Mairead keeps going the way she is going she will win the show.
    I can see her and Johnny in the final.

There were tears in my house (not from me) last Sunday night when Darren and Karen were voted out. My 8 year old was rooting for Karen again this year.

My 6 year was bawling last night when Fred was matched with Emily. She was afraid Emily would be voted off.

Am I right in saying when your dance partner is switched for the week you cant be voted off?

Its funny how the younger viewers don't go for the celeb personalities they go for the dancers.
    So does that mean there is no voting from the public tomorrow night then. ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Wish holly was still in the show just so that I could watch her being kicked off again. Or even better if she tripped and fell doing a dance, and when interviewed after she could say “oh well sh1t happens whatever, you still have to pay me you random nobody”. Would remind me of the great times from years ago when Michelle Heaton tripped and fell on the apprentice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Wish holly was still in the show just so that I could watch her being kicked off again. Or even better if she tripped and fell doing a dance, and when interviewed after she could say “oh well sh1t happens whatever, you still have to pay me you random nobody”. Would remind me of the great times from years ago when Michelle Heaton tripped and fell on the apprentice.

I missed that eviction. Can I watch it anywhere do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,510 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Have you thought about maybe seeking help for that obsession of yours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Heroditas wrote: »
    Not particularly sorry to see the back of Karen though. That should bring her back down to earth for a bit. She was believing a bit too much of her own hype.
    I thought Karen seemed a bit subdued this series - almost as if she simply wasn't as interested or motivated as previous seasons. Just my opinion - I could be completely wrong. I could probably say the same thing about most of the pro dancers - with possibly Emily, Giulia and Robert being the exceptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Have you thought about maybe seeking help for that obsession of yours?

Don't feed the 'llort"

The funny thing is that the mods here are completely ignoring what is becoming one ofor the most bizarre tedious moronic obsession I've seen.
    It's not as if he has any wit to make his posts half interesting . Just pure simple illiterately put together abuse

• Advertisement

So does that mean there is no voting from the public tomorrow night then. ?

In previous years there was voting but it was carried over to the next week.(I think)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I think Curtis staged the assault/injury thing over Xmas cos after a few weeks of practice with holly he knew what an awful yoke she was and would only damage his name. A good career choice he made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,077 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I think Curtis staged the assault/injury thing over Xmas cos after a few weeks of practice with holly he knew what an awful yoke she was and would only damage his name. A good career choice he made.

Yeah got the surgeon in on it too. Probably got the illuminati to make sure it all went perfect to plan.

You need help.

Only explanation for your ongoing and obsessive tirade against Holly is that you’ve been snubbed by her in real life, perhaps she turned you down in a nightclub, maybe you dated and she dumped you

I bet you’re disappointed she got booted off as now you have no valid reason to keep slagging her, weeks after her elimination. You should get some counseling.

Looking forward to tonight’s show-is there an elimination?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭blueberrypie

happyday wrote: »
    I missed that eviction. Can I watch it anywhere do you know?

RTE Player

Some Sunday evening dancing to look forward to:) Even though I know feck all about it!

One thing I dislike about this week is the fact nobody goes home!

One thing I dislike about this week is the fact nobody foes home!

I know.. feels too late in the series for that.

• Advertisement

Actually make miss Darren. He grew on me.

Advertisement